Build the hype up enough, people'll pay.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 4:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2089post #31322 of 547676/12/13 at 9:40amQuote:
Right because no one pays over retail for brands like Supreme and BAPE during it's glory days....
Why wouldn't people pay over retail for brand new items that will no longer be in production? I'm not sure you understand how capitalism works my friend.post #31323 of 547676/12/13 at 9:56ampost #31324 of 547676/12/13 at 9:58amQuote:
While I really like my olive calfskin, I am not convinced it is going to outlive my brown lambskin.post #31325 of 547676/12/13 at 9:58ampost #31326 of 547676/12/13 at 9:59ampost #31327 of 547676/12/13 at 10:28am1. the CM: the cm is not gonna be all a toj could be for you unless you look like notwithit--what's the brad quote? "this looks good because you have a perfect body"? I just don't think the design on it makes that much sense for anybody's aesthetic. get an mdr or a 2010. but, i guess, take this with a grain of salt: i also don't like the normal moto, though for different reasons.
2. the calf vs lamb debate: i have a brown calf bomber from when that was possible, years ago, and a black lamb dr 2010. the calf will never feel or drape like the lamb. the calf is a little warmer and feels quite firm, whereas the lamb is easier to wear--lighter, stretchier--and the handfeel is amazing.
I psychologically feel better in the lamb than in the calf. I think it's a comfort thing.post #31328 of 547676/12/13 at 10:31amBest of luck in the new venture, Drew. Wish I hadn't slept on that A1 and I hope the chance for me to buy one somehow rolls around again.
I've been working in restaurants for a long time and one of the most important things I've learned is that the details are what makes the difference. I'm sure if you can apply the same meticulous detail standards to your restaurant as you did on your clothes, you'll be successful.
Alternatively, if this wasn't happening on the other side of the world I'd offer to work for you as your sommelier and accept payment in jackets. Dream job.post #31329 of 547676/12/13 at 10:34ampost #31330 of 547676/12/13 at 10:56amQuote:
No, end results will never be similar. One is simply harder than the other.post #31331 of 547676/12/13 at 11:09amI've actually been thinking about ToJ shuttering their "doors" quite a bit since I read the announcement, and I suppose the big disappointment for me comes down to the fact that this company gave customers all over the world such pleasure from buying such a wonderful product at the right price, whereas a restaurant in Seoul, while it will no doubt be stellar (I have faith in Drew-San), can at best serve merely a fraction of world customers that ToJ served.
Really hope Drew comes back to it again one day, there's honestly no replacement for ToJpost #31332 of 547676/12/13 at 11:23ampost #31333 of 547676/12/13 at 11:27ampost #31334 of 547676/12/13 at 11:48ampost #31335 of 547676/12/13 at 1:20pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 980 Active Users (175 Members and 805 Guests)
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang MTM Navy Suit (VBC Wool) - Fits Slim 36 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 36 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 39 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...