Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 8:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2029post #30421 of 547675/6/13 at 5:22amDrew brought up a good point that I forgot to mention in my post, which is that the calf suede is really heavy. It's pretty cool because it drapes like thick calf leather but has the soft nappy texture of suede. I've never handled the lamb suede used in other TOJ jackets, but this calf suede has a really unique look and is nothing at all like other sued jackets I've owned.post #30422 of 547675/6/13 at 7:13am
The way TWorksheets is standing is pushing his hips forward, the camera position is very low and the wide lens is making his hip area look bigger than it should in relation to his shoulders and legs. I have little doubt that if we could see him from a more eye-level POV, with better posture, the fit of the jacket wouldn't be attracting nearly as much criticism.
Add to that the points made above about the natural profile of the jacket, the weight of the calf suede and the fact that it's brand new.post #30423 of 547675/6/13 at 8:44ampost #30424 of 547675/6/13 at 8:52ampost #30425 of 547675/6/13 at 9:03ampost #30426 of 547675/6/13 at 9:23ampost #30427 of 547675/6/13 at 11:54am
I bought them just a while ago when they had the extra 30% off sale and was actually trying them on deciding whether to keep or not. I think I will hold on to them.post #30428 of 547675/6/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hype1234
I bought them just a while ago when they had the extra 30% off sale and was actually trying them on deciding whether to keep or not. I think I will hold on to them.
How'd you size on them? I bought some sweatshorts from CM a while ago and had to size down. With 32" waist at the time even S stretched out to be huge.post #30429 of 547675/6/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I'm naturally a 30 waist, but I size down in some brand to 29 for the legs. These are an XS. Club Monaco pants are always huge. But this is all unrelated to TOJ...post #30430 of 547675/6/13 at 3:00pmpost #30431 of 547675/6/13 at 3:07pmpost #30432 of 547675/6/13 at 3:39pmpost #30433 of 547675/6/13 at 4:17pmpost #30434 of 547675/6/13 at 4:36pm
Thought I'd post a set of evo pics on my brown lamb CM.
Had it for a little over a year now I think. Living in Texas I was only able to wear it from like late October until early April or so, though we've had a couple of cold fronts recently that have put us back down in the 50s.
Without further ado:
Lots of good accordions in the arms. Not sure if you can see it in this photo but there is a good bit of rubbing around the pockets and on the banded hem on the sides. I'm not really able to tell if any of that is from my messenger bag (which rubs right on that part of my jacket), but I kinda like the wear. Might take more close up pictures of the wear spots later just so people get an idea of what it looks like on the brown leather, but it basically turns it into a kind of matte light brown color.
For some reason the collar has started to float up a little bit, which is odd (especially on my right side).
I also have worried a bit about the length. I sized it just to the bottom of my belt but might have gone too long. I've also probably gotten skinnier since I bought it, actually. Oh well.
I kinda like how the length makes it look in the back, though. It sits on my hips a bit.
Since the cuffs have been something people have talked about, this is mine unzipped.
And with the cuffs zipped. I've got a very slim watch on (one of the Seiko 5 SNK80x models) but it's quite snug.
Edit: Ugh, thought those pics would come out a lot bigger. Replaced with larger versions.
Edited by NotClever - 5/6/13 at 4:49pmpost #30435 of 547675/6/13 at 4:52pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang MTM Navy Suit (VBC Wool) - Fits Slim 36 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 34 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...