Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 6:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2029post #30421 of 540965/6/13 at 5:22amDrew brought up a good point that I forgot to mention in my post, which is that the calf suede is really heavy. It's pretty cool because it drapes like thick calf leather but has the soft nappy texture of suede. I've never handled the lamb suede used in other TOJ jackets, but this calf suede has a really unique look and is nothing at all like other sued jackets I've owned.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30422 of 540965/6/13 at 7:13am
The way TWorksheets is standing is pushing his hips forward, the camera position is very low and the wide lens is making his hip area look bigger than it should in relation to his shoulders and legs. I have little doubt that if we could see him from a more eye-level POV, with better posture, the fit of the jacket wouldn't be attracting nearly as much criticism.
Add to that the points made above about the natural profile of the jacket, the weight of the calf suede and the fact that it's brand new.post #30423 of 540965/6/13 at 8:44ampost #30424 of 540965/6/13 at 8:52ampost #30425 of 540965/6/13 at 9:03ampost #30426 of 540965/6/13 at 9:23ampost #30427 of 540965/6/13 at 11:54am
I bought them just a while ago when they had the extra 30% off sale and was actually trying them on deciding whether to keep or not. I think I will hold on to them.post #30428 of 540965/6/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hype1234
I bought them just a while ago when they had the extra 30% off sale and was actually trying them on deciding whether to keep or not. I think I will hold on to them.
How'd you size on them? I bought some sweatshorts from CM a while ago and had to size down. With 32" waist at the time even S stretched out to be huge.post #30429 of 540965/6/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I'm naturally a 30 waist, but I size down in some brand to 29 for the legs. These are an XS. Club Monaco pants are always huge. But this is all unrelated to TOJ...post #30430 of 540965/6/13 at 3:00pmpost #30431 of 540965/6/13 at 3:07pmpost #30432 of 540965/6/13 at 3:39pmpost #30433 of 540965/6/13 at 4:17pmpost #30434 of 540965/6/13 at 4:36pm
Thought I'd post a set of evo pics on my brown lamb CM.
Had it for a little over a year now I think. Living in Texas I was only able to wear it from like late October until early April or so, though we've had a couple of cold fronts recently that have put us back down in the 50s.
Without further ado:
Lots of good accordions in the arms. Not sure if you can see it in this photo but there is a good bit of rubbing around the pockets and on the banded hem on the sides. I'm not really able to tell if any of that is from my messenger bag (which rubs right on that part of my jacket), but I kinda like the wear. Might take more close up pictures of the wear spots later just so people get an idea of what it looks like on the brown leather, but it basically turns it into a kind of matte light brown color.
For some reason the collar has started to float up a little bit, which is odd (especially on my right side).
I also have worried a bit about the length. I sized it just to the bottom of my belt but might have gone too long. I've also probably gotten skinnier since I bought it, actually. Oh well.
I kinda like how the length makes it look in the back, though. It sits on my hips a bit.
Since the cuffs have been something people have talked about, this is mine unzipped.
And with the cuffs zipped. I've got a very slim watch on (one of the Seiko 5 SNK80x models) but it's quite snug.
Edit: Ugh, thought those pics would come out a lot bigger. Replaced with larger versions.
Edited by NotClever - 5/6/13 at 4:49pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 10 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 12 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth