Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 3:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2025post #30361 of 545165/4/13 at 5:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30362 of 545165/4/13 at 5:29pmpost #30363 of 545165/4/13 at 5:50pmpost #30364 of 545165/4/13 at 6:23pmpost #30365 of 545165/4/13 at 8:10pmThread Starterpost #30366 of 545165/4/13 at 11:28pmpost #30367 of 545165/5/13 at 6:08ampost #30368 of 545165/5/13 at 6:23ampost #30369 of 545165/5/13 at 6:28ampost #30370 of 545165/5/13 at 6:32amQuote:
Probably would've copped this instead of waiting for a TOJ if it was black.post #30371 of 545165/5/13 at 7:44am
lol, thanks for having so much faith in me. I'll try to get some more flattering photos one day.
The camera angle and my poor posture is really exaggerating the looseness at the hips. If it was any tighter at the waist it would ride up when zipped closed. That said, I was definitely after a looser fit and I sized accordingly. Some people aren't going to like it, but aside from the length there's nothing I would change about the jacket.post #30372 of 545165/5/13 at 9:26amI was gonna post a few tips to make your shots look better, but it ended up being too long so I decided not to post it. But here are two things that you can do that can immediately improve your shots.
- Make sure your white balance is on point. If you're shooting in daylight, make sure your white balance is set for daylight, and not to use the incandescent (that yellow glow from left) as fill. Incandescent white has a different temperature than daylight white, which will confuse your camera.
- If you're taking this with a tripod, try taking these pictures at various heights. Right now we're seeing you as a midget would, which isn't really representative. Play around with the height.
You can play around with ISO, shutter speed, aperture size, and exposure compensation to do different things with your pictures. If you shoot in RAW, you can correct WB and tint in Lightroom.post #30373 of 545165/5/13 at 10:01amOk I hate to be this guy, but I have a sizing question. I'm 5'6" around 155. Definitely have a stocky build with big shoulders and arms. I'm so confused with how to size for a MDR or Moto. Would I need a 50 with much shorter lengths? My biggest concern is that it'll be too tight in the upper arm area. I like my clothes fitted but I don't want to be busting out of anything. Thanks for any input dudes.post #30374 of 545165/5/13 at 10:17amQuote:Originally Posted by david raymond
Ok I hate to be this guy, but I have a sizing question. I'm 5'6" around 155. Definitely have a stocky build with big shoulders and arms. I'm so confused with how to size for a MDR or Moto. Would I need a 50 with much shorter lengths? My biggest concern is that it'll be too tight in the upper arm area. I like my clothes fitted but I don't want to be busting out of anything. Thanks for any input dudes.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1678 Active Users (372 Members and 1306 Guests)
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Velasca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...