Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 2019post #30271 of 545205/1/13 at 10:03amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30272 of 545205/1/13 at 10:35ampost #30273 of 545205/1/13 at 10:39ampost #30274 of 545205/1/13 at 10:44ampost #30275 of 545205/1/13 at 10:53ampost #30276 of 545205/1/13 at 11:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Caveat
Does anyone have a photo of navy suede?
Which blue is this?
I like the complexity of the hues in the diesel blue. Looks really cool. The above photo of the black looks like it has different hues in it too, which was why I thought it was blue. Whatever color Synthese got has these properties too. I'm not sure if the navy will be as interesting like that, or if it will come off as more of a solid color, like the green and sky blue seem to in the photos I've seen.
The muted sky blue in my picture was straight out of the package. Like with any of these suedes (i assume),some minor brushing in any direction gives it a more gradient effect. It just looks great when worn. I'lltry to get a better pic at some point.
Re: sizing, echoing the last few points. Measure yourself properly (its not difficult) convey how you want it to fit and they will nail it. I have 3 mtm toj's and 3 non mtm (slight length adjustments) and they fit perfect. They know what they're doing.post #30277 of 545205/1/13 at 11:15ampost #30278 of 545205/1/13 at 11:15ampost #30279 of 545205/1/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by SyntheseHi everyone, PSA here:
I don't mean to offend anyone, or to ignore the implicitly complimentary nature (or indeed the politeness) of the people who have gotten in touch with me, but:
Please do not send me PM's asking me to size your leather jacket for you. I get a number of these every month, and while I can understand the trepidation that comes with purchasing a 750$ leather jacket sight unseen, the fact is that I am not you, and that, more importantly, I do not work for TOJ. It just so happens that TOJ already has someone who is paid to do exactly that - his name is Charly, and he knows his stuff. With his wisdom, a tape measure and a friend, you should be able to get the fit you want.
Again, I certainly have no desire to slight the users who have sent these PM's, but please be aware that I have neither the time, knowledge or energy to review measurements for you.
From now on, just say "Sure! Would love to help, but it's easier to talk converse over email. Send me one at email@example.com. My name is Charly. Cheers!"post #30280 of 545205/1/13 at 4:58pmpost #30281 of 545205/1/13 at 5:26pmpost #30282 of 545205/1/13 at 5:31pmpost #30283 of 545205/1/13 at 5:37pmpost #30284 of 545205/1/13 at 5:40pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1443 Active Users (348 Members and 1095 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 1 minute ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...