Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1950post #29236 of 540963/27/13 at 10:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29237 of 540963/27/13 at 11:29pmpost #29238 of 540963/27/13 at 11:45pmpost #29239 of 540963/27/13 at 11:55pmpost #29240 of 540963/28/13 at 12:40ampost #29241 of 540963/28/13 at 3:50amThread StarterWhile I often like to talk about minimizing your style and not overextending your closet unnecessarily, I don't believe in that one-stuff, and especially not when it pertains to casual wear or being an absolute answer to anything. It'll always fall short. I wear what I'll call two outfits, about 99% of the year. It's not enough, but I still feel I'm closer to the mark than dudes with 5 acre closets. You only have one pair of arms, legs, feet, and a torso. If you have too many clothes, after awhile you're just playing dressup in your closet like a little girl at daycare.
The green American-based styleforumite might develop as such:
i) 'I'm interested in clothes... in style... let's check out the supermarket magazine rack... ah let's see, we have GQ and Esquire'
ii) 'These clothes are pretty nice... but most are way too expensive for me and don't seem all that age appropriate anyway, they aren't addressing my needs'
iii) Google-> 'forum for men's style' --> first hit: styleforum.net
iv) special flower threads, flaming, lurking, personal studies
v) Find pants or shirts I like for biz-casual -> remember what people at school used to say, if you wear the same thing two days in a row, you're dirty and poor -> remember what your bros taught you, shopping is gay -> secretly buy 15 pairs of the same style pants or shirt online after confirming the fit. Buy 30 pairs of Aldens to match.
vi) Styleforum WAYWT thumbs ups, one thumb per $3,000 spent.
vII) Wondering what else there is in life, beside having really, really, ridiculously too many business casual pieces
Opposite approach: taking the quality maven angle, and debating zippers with others all daypost #29242 of 540963/28/13 at 4:40ampost #29243 of 540963/28/13 at 6:07ampost #29244 of 540963/28/13 at 6:34ampost #29245 of 540963/28/13 at 7:35ampost #29246 of 540963/28/13 at 9:02amQuote:
Pretty much realized that WAYWT is pretty much an approval circle jerk so stopped visiting that thread. Learned about some jeans & kicks in SW&D, what to wear at work over at menswear, and stopped going to those forums altogether. This is the only one I check on a daily basis.post #29247 of 540963/28/13 at 9:37ampost #29248 of 540963/28/13 at 9:43ampost #29249 of 540963/28/13 at 10:44am
So...Drew, any hints about the peacoats? Need some popped collar in my life.
There are really no good alternatives out there right now.
Buzz Rickson is nice, but the thing is designed to withstand a snowstorm.
The peacoat thread on SF is of no help--apparently they merged 61 threads into one and still nothing good, unless you're all about jcrew or some vintage peacoat from the 1930s.
Oh, and there is the Billy Kirk one that is fueled mainly by the Skyfall hype...I mean, it's completely unlined...whyyy?
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 55 seconds ago
- › New to Business Casual 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 19 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens Intarsia, Grey, Sz. 50, new 20 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth