Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 3/25/17 at 1:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 3/19/17 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1950post #29236 of 548223/27/13 at 10:15pmpost #29237 of 548223/27/13 at 11:29pmpost #29238 of 548223/27/13 at 11:45pmpost #29239 of 548223/27/13 at 11:55pmpost #29240 of 548223/28/13 at 12:40ampost #29241 of 548223/28/13 at 3:50amThread StarterWhile I often like to talk about minimizing your style and not overextending your closet unnecessarily, I don't believe in that one-stuff, and especially not when it pertains to casual wear or being an absolute answer to anything. It'll always fall short. I wear what I'll call two outfits, about 99% of the year. It's not enough, but I still feel I'm closer to the mark than dudes with 5 acre closets. You only have one pair of arms, legs, feet, and a torso. If you have too many clothes, after awhile you're just playing dressup in your closet like a little girl at daycare.
The green American-based styleforumite might develop as such:
i) 'I'm interested in clothes... in style... let's check out the supermarket magazine rack... ah let's see, we have GQ and Esquire'
ii) 'These clothes are pretty nice... but most are way too expensive for me and don't seem all that age appropriate anyway, they aren't addressing my needs'
iii) Google-> 'forum for men's style' --> first hit: styleforum.net
iv) special flower threads, flaming, lurking, personal studies
v) Find pants or shirts I like for biz-casual -> remember what people at school used to say, if you wear the same thing two days in a row, you're dirty and poor -> remember what your bros taught you, shopping is gay -> secretly buy 15 pairs of the same style pants or shirt online after confirming the fit. Buy 30 pairs of Aldens to match.
vi) Styleforum WAYWT thumbs ups, one thumb per $3,000 spent.
vII) Wondering what else there is in life, beside having really, really, ridiculously too many business casual pieces
Opposite approach: taking the quality maven angle, and debating zippers with others all daypost #29242 of 548223/28/13 at 4:40ampost #29243 of 548223/28/13 at 6:07ampost #29244 of 548223/28/13 at 6:34ampost #29245 of 548223/28/13 at 7:35ampost #29246 of 548223/28/13 at 9:02amQuote:
Pretty much realized that WAYWT is pretty much an approval circle jerk so stopped visiting that thread. Learned about some jeans & kicks in SW&D, what to wear at work over at menswear, and stopped going to those forums altogether. This is the only one I check on a daily basis.post #29247 of 548223/28/13 at 9:37ampost #29248 of 548223/28/13 at 9:43ampost #29249 of 548223/28/13 at 10:44am
So...Drew, any hints about the peacoats? Need some popped collar in my life.
There are really no good alternatives out there right now.
Buzz Rickson is nice, but the thing is designed to withstand a snowstorm.
The peacoat thread on SF is of no help--apparently they merged 61 threads into one and still nothing good, unless you're all about jcrew or some vintage peacoat from the 1930s.
Oh, and there is the Billy Kirk one that is fueled mainly by the Skyfall hype...I mean, it's completely unlined...whyyy?post #29250 of 548223/28/13 at 10:58am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Bresciani linen socks - sizes S-M-L 10 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › THE AMAZING JOHN LOBB, BERLUTI, JM WESTON, GAZIANO & GIRLING THREAD... 20 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...