Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/30/15 at 9:57am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 7:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1947post #29191 of 540313/27/13 at 3:05amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29192 of 540313/27/13 at 3:16ampost #29193 of 540313/27/13 at 4:51amQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
There's a nice balance to that too, though - imagine going out and having your fulfilling experiences, while wearing the awesome leather jacket.... The possibilities may perhaps become exponential... I cannot fathom the amount of swagger I would've had if my style had been pulled together at that age. It just wasn't possible where I lived, and there was no internet fora or real discussion going on at the time for age-appropriate clothing. I suffered for awhile, I think. The potential was there all along, but there were just too many voices and not enough examples, nothing that really spoke out to me.
For sure there's always that. I mean, where I'm coming from, I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do or be when I was 18, so dropping £500 on a leather jacket wouldn't have made any sense at all. I'm 24 now and I know my style has drastically changed in those 6 years, and I know a lot of things I liked then I no longer like.
18 just seems a bit too early for me to be making purchases like that when they could be going on partying and various experiences. But whatever, that's just me, other guy's situations and expectations are different and this thread isn't the place to be talking about all the bullshit that accompanies life.post #29194 of 540313/27/13 at 5:21ampost #29195 of 540313/27/13 at 5:22ampost #29196 of 540313/27/13 at 5:32ampost #29197 of 540313/27/13 at 6:12ampost #29198 of 540313/27/13 at 6:34ampost #29199 of 540313/27/13 at 6:48am
Quote:Originally Posted by zayg
Bought an A-2 off B&S. Man, I don't know how this fits me so tight when I have a denim jacket with slimmer measurements that fits me fine. Hmmph. Luckily I have someone lined up to purchase this already.
What an incredible jacket though. Seriously impressed. The only problem with buying these on B&S is that the sizes seem to be pretty inconsistent. I see people posting 48s with 19" p2p and then I see 48s with 22" p2p. This supposedly had 20.5" p2p. The shoulders are definitely too small too. Maybe I'll find something...as much as it is completely different, that blue QDR is pretty damned tempting.
Hmmph. Nobody saw this because it had to be approved for moderation.
If I purchase another, anyone think I should go up to a 48 or maybe even a 50?post #29200 of 540313/27/13 at 9:02ampost #29201 of 540313/27/13 at 9:13ampost #29202 of 540313/27/13 at 9:16ampost #29203 of 540313/27/13 at 9:19ampost #29204 of 540313/27/13 at 9:25amQuote:
Sadly don't have the money for a new one these days. Maybe next year.
You guys think the shoulders look alright though? I just thought it was really odd how much the part near my armpits (next to the suede patch for example) just kinda got pulled in. I was thinking that may be part of the shoulders being too small, but if the chest is a little small and the arms are way too small then I guess that could create the same effect.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › carmina shell cordovan unicorn NAVY 14 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 22 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 40 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 42 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 45 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 46 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 50 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo x Lemaire FW2015 thread 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...