Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 5/4/16 at 1:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1912post #28666 of 546683/13/13 at 10:01ampost #28667 of 546683/13/13 at 10:11ampost #28668 of 546683/13/13 at 2:36pmpost #28669 of 546683/13/13 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by B0Bs4g3t
Haha. Yeah, I remember what I thought "good" leather felt like a few months ago. Now I have been born anew in the glorious world of TOJ leather.
Edit: Also -- my mom had purchased some lamb leather purse while traveling somewhere. She compared it to my lamb leather jacket, and then she was disappointed.
I have another Lambskin jacket and it's hard to believe they came from the same type of animal.
This girl asked me after feeling my jacket (as girls will do) if the leather was real. I was a little annoyed at the question at first until I realized she had probably never felt high quality lamb before.post #28670 of 546683/13/13 at 2:53pmpost #28671 of 546683/13/13 at 5:41pmGot these on friday. I still am awful at picture taking, but felt the need to document these.
Navy lamb quilted double rider
Picture doesn't accurately show the color, but i felt like i needed to get a pic up. This is a bit thinner than my black lamb 2010 dr, but it still just feels and looks great. Nothing will ever tol the black 2010 dr for me, but this is very close.
And my resized baseball jacket.
Felt like my old one was a bit tight from the get go, but sf confirmed it so i reordered. Like this fit a lot more.
Sized up on the toj tote in the background. Good choice.post #28672 of 546683/13/13 at 7:26pmpost #28673 of 546683/13/13 at 7:36pm
Just some more pics and info about A2 -- got it last week, wore it everyday, still over it. Bear with me as I do a review for those that wonder about the details.
+ Don't know why it took so long for me to get a bomber--went through 4 riders/motos (sold 3).
+ The main difference is the fit. This is basically identical to my moto (but added length to both body and sleeves, as directed), but the fit is pretty different.
+ This is mainly due to the ribbing. The ribbing tightens everything up (in a good way). It sort of pulls the bottom away creating a / \ effect, and it makes it so it doesn't feel like the leather is hanging on you. Also, since there is less leather at the ends of the sleeve and the bottom of the jacket, it's just lighter in general. Feels good man. This might be common info, but I didn't realize any of this until I actually got the jacket.
+ Shearling collar is removable (of course). It's connected by 3 snaps and 5 bands on the underside and inside of the collar.
+ Suede patch is perfect--it breaks up the wall of leather--must have. So is the placket--highly recommended.
+ Sleeves are slim and armholes are high (as intended).
+ As always, leather is supremely soft and thick. It definitely has a "wow" factor. You can tell by the thick rolls in the stacking (pic below) that the leather is substantial.
Anyways, you would think that having 1 black and 1 brown leather is enough, but it never is...never is...post #28674 of 546683/13/13 at 7:38pmpost #28675 of 546683/13/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
So what size baseball is this one/what are your measurements?post #28676 of 546683/13/13 at 7:43pmpost #28677 of 546683/13/13 at 7:45pmpost #28678 of 546683/13/13 at 7:50pmpost #28679 of 546683/13/13 at 8:47pmpost #28680 of 546683/13/13 at 9:07pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 30 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 13, 2016: An Ode the Odd Waistcoat! 8 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts