Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 5:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1912post #28666 of 543033/13/13 at 10:01am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28667 of 543033/13/13 at 10:11ampost #28668 of 543033/13/13 at 2:36pmpost #28669 of 543033/13/13 at 2:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by B0Bs4g3t
Haha. Yeah, I remember what I thought "good" leather felt like a few months ago. Now I have been born anew in the glorious world of TOJ leather.
Edit: Also -- my mom had purchased some lamb leather purse while traveling somewhere. She compared it to my lamb leather jacket, and then she was disappointed.
I have another Lambskin jacket and it's hard to believe they came from the same type of animal.
This girl asked me after feeling my jacket (as girls will do) if the leather was real. I was a little annoyed at the question at first until I realized she had probably never felt high quality lamb before.post #28670 of 543033/13/13 at 2:53pmpost #28671 of 543033/13/13 at 5:41pmGot these on friday. I still am awful at picture taking, but felt the need to document these.
Navy lamb quilted double rider
Picture doesn't accurately show the color, but i felt like i needed to get a pic up. This is a bit thinner than my black lamb 2010 dr, but it still just feels and looks great. Nothing will ever tol the black 2010 dr for me, but this is very close.
And my resized baseball jacket.
Felt like my old one was a bit tight from the get go, but sf confirmed it so i reordered. Like this fit a lot more.
Sized up on the toj tote in the background. Good choice.post #28672 of 543033/13/13 at 7:26pmpost #28673 of 543033/13/13 at 7:36pm
Just some more pics and info about A2 -- got it last week, wore it everyday, still over it. Bear with me as I do a review for those that wonder about the details.
+ Don't know why it took so long for me to get a bomber--went through 4 riders/motos (sold 3).
+ The main difference is the fit. This is basically identical to my moto (but added length to both body and sleeves, as directed), but the fit is pretty different.
+ This is mainly due to the ribbing. The ribbing tightens everything up (in a good way). It sort of pulls the bottom away creating a / \ effect, and it makes it so it doesn't feel like the leather is hanging on you. Also, since there is less leather at the ends of the sleeve and the bottom of the jacket, it's just lighter in general. Feels good man. This might be common info, but I didn't realize any of this until I actually got the jacket.
+ Shearling collar is removable (of course). It's connected by 3 snaps and 5 bands on the underside and inside of the collar.
+ Suede patch is perfect--it breaks up the wall of leather--must have. So is the placket--highly recommended.
+ Sleeves are slim and armholes are high (as intended).
+ As always, leather is supremely soft and thick. It definitely has a "wow" factor. You can tell by the thick rolls in the stacking (pic below) that the leather is substantial.
Anyways, you would think that having 1 black and 1 brown leather is enough, but it never is...never is...post #28674 of 543033/13/13 at 7:38pmpost #28675 of 543033/13/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
So what size baseball is this one/what are your measurements?post #28676 of 543033/13/13 at 7:43pmpost #28677 of 543033/13/13 at 7:45pmpost #28678 of 543033/13/13 at 7:50pmpost #28679 of 543033/13/13 at 8:47pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 41 seconds ago
- › COMMON PROJECTS ORIGINAL ACHILLES MID - SIZE 42 - BLACK GRAIN LEATHER 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Heavy smartphones and suits/sports jackets 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories