Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1847post #27691 of 545202/20/13 at 10:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27692 of 545202/20/13 at 10:28amQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Some new material news: lots of new goat colors. The new ones are unglazed, so less sheen than the goat we've previously used. Will put those and the few newer post-color chart colors I missed onto a new updated color chart. New goat is very nice, same pebbled texture, normal sheen, colors from olive to yellow (which is pretty pleasant, for being yellow leather) - and then apart from that:
This new goat you speak of, is there a dark (or darkish) brown? If so, would you recommend it over the "old" goat, for say, a 4-zip MDR?post #27693 of 545202/20/13 at 10:52amQuote:
Sign me up for this minimalist TOJ0, especially after the disastrous fit with the Patrik Ervell varsity. What do you have in mind for the new-gen baseball?post #27694 of 545202/20/13 at 11:17ampost #27695 of 545202/20/13 at 11:27ampost #27696 of 545202/20/13 at 11:29am
I'd felt the black lamb before and knew how much thicker it was, but wow this thing feels so much heavier than my cream 4-zip.
Re: cuff opening, these do seem bigger than before, though not sure if it's partly because these aren't convertible cuffs. Not really gonna lose sleep over it though.
Edited by magicalporks - 2/20/13 at 11:40ampost #27697 of 545202/20/13 at 12:35pm^^ looks really good, my cuffs seemed bigger on my quilted moto but I think it was really just because of the padding that's needed for the quilting on the arms but I ended up getting tailored a little at a place in SF
Any pictures of the gold zippers? I think they could look either really good on blackpost #27698 of 545202/20/13 at 1:04pmpost #27699 of 545202/20/13 at 1:29pm
Ok TOJ disciples. I've been planning on selling this jacket that I fell in love with because it felt too long and I'm not sure about the shoulders. But I wanted to get feedback before I did something I regret forever!
Jacket is a bit tight around the midsection, but I plan on losing a couple dozen pounds this year. The waist kind of hits my hips and I'm not sure I can pull it off. It's hugging my hips and the top arc of my ass. It's actually a little too tight to be worn comfortably closed without pulling the lower zipper up a bit. (It flares out a little as you can see. I am kind of hoping weight loss will help this...)
Lastly, the arms are a bit tight. They feel snug with just a regular t-shirt on. A longsleeve makes them feel tight and a sweater would make it uncomfortable.post #27700 of 545202/20/13 at 1:40pmpost #27701 of 545202/20/13 at 1:48pm
So..after wearing in my bomber a bit and re-introducing carbs to my diet I've come to realize that the armholes are insanely high and borderline uncomfortable. The jacket is super tight on my upper back (near my pits) and may be too small in the shoulders for me as well. For future reference, does a larger upper arm measurement lower the armholes/make the jacket fit more relaxed? I feel like I'm wearing a girls jacket sometimes right now lol, maybe its the furpost #27702 of 545202/20/13 at 1:49pmpost #27703 of 545202/20/13 at 1:54pmpost #27704 of 545202/20/13 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by NotCrispy
So..after wearing in my bomber a bit and re-introducing carbs to my diet I've come to realize that the armholes are insanely high and borderline uncomfortable. The jacket is super tight on my upper back (near my pits) and may be too small in the shoulders for me as well. For future reference, does a larger upper arm measurement lower the armholes/make the jacket fit more relaxed?
i dunno , judging from your pics a few pages back, it doesn't look tight at all--big if anything. are you layering?
that said, sell to me
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 25 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 26 minutes ago
- › What is my face shape ? 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?