If I land a nice, paid summer intern, will grab a bcdr and suede t1/t3. Want the ma-1 too but I feel like there's too much overlap with my black toj1.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 4:02 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1838post #27556 of 545202/16/13 at 6:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27557 of 545202/16/13 at 7:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
Can anyone help me with a fit on the TOJ0 varsity? How does it compare to something like the DR? The TOJ1?
I've been advised by another SF user to size up to 52, but the fit guide on http://archeo.graphr.net/web/2009/toj/0/ says a 52 has 29 inch sleeves. That just seems incredibly long and kind of blows my mind. If I have a 41 inch chest, would a 52 in the TOJ0 (or other varsities) really be a better fit than the 50?
I know the "TOJ Multiplier" says my chest measurements for their jackets in inches are about 43, 44, and 45 inch for tight to loose.Just trying to figure out if I should go for a 50 or 52 here. I have 18-19ish inch shoulders, a 41 inch chest, and usually go with 26-27 inch sleeves.
Let me know how whatever purchase you make works out. I have basically the exact same measurements as you, and I am also looking to score eventually a TOJ0 varsity.post #27558 of 545202/16/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
I decided against the purchase for now. The TOJ0 is on ebay in all black, size 52. I really wanted the Raglan sleeves though.post #27559 of 545202/16/13 at 10:38pmpost #27560 of 545202/16/13 at 11:14pmpost #27561 of 545202/17/13 at 2:17ampost #27562 of 545202/17/13 at 2:51am
How stupid will I look if I wear a DR that sits about 2-3 inches below my belt? This thing basically rests just past my hips. I know most pictures of these jackets have them ending right on the belt. Should I flip this thing or is this kind of fit worth living with? My OCD tendencies are seriously bleeding out right now.
edit: The arms are kind of snug with a longsleeve shirt on too. No way i'd ever layer with this...
(I got this jacket second hand from a taller person)
Edited by Distorbiant - 2/17/13 at 3:03ampost #27563 of 545202/17/13 at 3:09ampost #27564 of 545202/17/13 at 5:08ampost #27565 of 545202/17/13 at 6:49ampost #27566 of 545202/17/13 at 8:11ampost #27567 of 545202/17/13 at 10:35ampost #27568 of 545202/17/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Could you post a picture? My DR fits right at the hip, which I prefer. I've seen some DR fit too cropped but not many that fit too long, could you show us what it looks like?post #27569 of 545202/17/13 at 10:43ampost #27570 of 545202/17/13 at 11:05am
I have to go to work but I'll come back with a fit pic soon. It looks okay open but the fact that it's just over my hips/ass makes it kind of hard to close in general. I can only wear it closed when I zip up the bottom zipper a little. This has to be a sign to lay off the waffle chicken sandwiches
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 20 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply quality: Would you exchange this jacket? 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 11 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?