Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1801post #27001 of 545201/31/13 at 11:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27002 of 545201/31/13 at 11:49ampost #27003 of 545201/31/13 at 11:51amQuote:
Mine looks like that only with the zips halfway. When fully zipped I can barely get my hands out of the sleeves and I have rather skinny wrists.post #27004 of 545201/31/13 at 11:53ampost #27005 of 545201/31/13 at 12:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
(Will explain this in a sec, but it's mostly self explanatory. To extract more color, look at your monitor from a downward angle to see more color content in the swatches)
Link to full-size version:
This is actually really bad advice. First of all, that color shift occurs only on displays using cheap TN panels. On them that color shift actually makes the colors even worse than they usually are on these displays. The ONLY position where the display shows the colors as they are currently calibrated (which is usually completely off on the manufacturer presets) is when you are looking at it head on. Moving up or down will shift the colors. On better displays using VA and IPS panels this shift doesn't happen.
Looking at the pic, unless the red calf is now a much different color, it looks more like wine red on my (pro level, calibrated display). The color in afixedpoint's pictures is much like mine (posted earlier in this thread). Based on this I'd guess that the chart might not be entirely accurate for color, though lighting where the picture was taken can make it look more wine colored...post #27006 of 545201/31/13 at 12:28pmpost #27007 of 545201/31/13 at 12:29pm
Thanks, I think something definitely changed from the MDR ordered awhile back and the newer ones because I ordered a 5.5" cuff and I have big wrists yet it looks like that when zipped up. Not a problem though, was just curious.post #27008 of 545201/31/13 at 12:35pmQuote:My 2010DR is like this, but my MDR has a much slimmer sleeve and wrist opening (like others have mentioned, when zipped, it's hard or impossible to get your hand through).
I intend to get the wrist and sleeve of my 2010DR altered/slimmed to have it wear like my MDR in the future though. It should be easier because there isn't a hem at the cuff to mess with.post #27009 of 545201/31/13 at 12:49pmpost #27010 of 545201/31/13 at 12:53pmI'm 21 and the 2011 moto was my first TOJ (in 2011)... Followed closely by a WV and a peacoat. I now only have the peacoat, but that's because I realized varsities don't work for me, and I tried to use the 4 zip moto as a replacement for the 5 zip I wanted... So I ended up getting a 5 zip instead. It's all about budgeting my man, $50 here, $100 there (bar tabs, buying groceries instead of eating out, etc.) and pretty soon you'll have $800 or so and can buy a jacket.
I bought all of my TOJs when I was 19.
Edited by Krish the Fish - 1/31/13 at 1:39pmpost #27011 of 545201/31/13 at 1:06pmpost #27012 of 545201/31/13 at 1:31pmpost #27013 of 545201/31/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
I'm 22 and am currently finishing up my last semester at university. Have been paying for my own tuition since first year by working part time job(s). Currently working 4+ days of work while taking 4 courses. 2nd ToJ jacket is in the queue and I enough saved up for 1 of every JC/ToJ jacket if I wanted . It's entirely possible if you budget/spend accordingly and manage your time well to balance work and school. At one point during my 2nd/3rd year, I was working 3 jobs while taking 5 courses to pay for tuition and clothing!post #27014 of 545201/31/13 at 1:48pmpost #27015 of 545201/31/13 at 1:49pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 950 Active Users (159 Members and 791 Guests)
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 27 seconds ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?