What color is the blue lambskin? Is it like the navy, or something lighter?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:10 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 5:31 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1797post #26941 of 547061/28/13 at 10:04pmpost #26942 of 547061/29/13 at 2:39ampost #26943 of 547061/29/13 at 8:57ampost #26944 of 547061/29/13 at 11:22ampost #26945 of 547061/29/13 at 3:27pm
Damn. Quick and dirty fit pics, yes I'm wearing sweatpants.
Wow. A2 in Brown Lamb arrived today.
First, the unexpected:
-Darker than I expected, but that actually makes me love the jacket even more. Heftier too. Awesome.
-First impressions on fit - damn dude, ToJ fits slim. I purposely tried to oversize this jacket a little bit to account for growth haha. I was planning on layering multiple things with this that might not be possible, depending on how the lamb breaks in.
-The high arm holes are no joke - the jacket is a little bit restricting when I actually try to move right now but I'm sure it'll give. For example, when I wear a tailored, slim button down it gets a little crinkled because the jacket is so tight.
-Love the side pocket entry detail, didn't even realize that was there until it came today. To be honest i'm not sure if I'd be able to walk around with my hands in it because that would be pretty awkward/uncomfortable, but it's convenient to have to just to put things in (school ID, keys, etc).Sizing:The only thing I would really change is to extend sleeve length about 1" so I could roll up the cuffs to make them short cuffs and/or just cover half of my hand when it's cold. Right now when I raise my arms up the ribbing slides up 2-3 inches up off my hand lol. The jacket is also a bit tight when I zip it up around the waist, I could probably use another 0.5." there as well but again the jacket is box fresh so who knows. The chest is draping a little funny right now but I don't know if that's because the jacket is new or because I overdid it on the p2p just a tad (I was planning on layering most of the time). Shoulders are a smidge big but I sized that way on purpose, same with upper arms - might go down 0.1-0.2" on next jacket. Everything else is basically within 95% and I love it, especially for my first shot at ToJ sizing.I have a black lamb MA-1 coming, hopefully in the near future. I'm gonna wear the jacket for 1-2 weeks to let it settle then I'll work with Charly to make the above mentioned adjustments + some other small adjustments (mostly making stuff incrementally bigger to make it a little more future-proof).Thanks to Team ToJ for dealing with my sizing/general annoyance. Don't know how you dudes do it - especially Charly lol.Needless to say, I'm fucking stoked for my next ToJ pieceBonus pic that represents true color, cheesy half thumbs-up + smile included just for you guys.
Edited by leeba - 1/29/13 at 4:39pmpost #26946 of 547061/29/13 at 3:42pmpost #26947 of 547061/29/13 at 6:33pmpost #26948 of 547061/29/13 at 6:54pmpost #26949 of 547061/29/13 at 7:00pmpost #26950 of 547061/29/13 at 7:23pmpost #26951 of 547061/29/13 at 8:32pmhaven't posted to sf in a while...
wanted to update that it's been about a year since i purchased a lamb brown A2 bomber and a dark royal calf MDR. i've enjoyed these pieces immensely. the bomber has had the most wear by far (is the most versatile). i've also really enjoyed the MDR for its cool factor and for the amazing color that appears almost black at night and can almost look green in certain lighting. the bomber is much easier to wear, looser fitting, and lighter. the MDR is a heavier, stiffer jacket that will take years to soften. the color i got meant that the calf was thinner than the other calf offerings-- i would have no need of anything thicker or heavier than it already is.
the only thing to complain about--
i wish that the elastic bands on the bomber did not pill, and that the elastic loops attaching the shearling to the collar could be of better quality. i'm a bit wary of these loops losing elasticity over time.
with that aside, i'm really glad i purchased these jackets. thanks, toj!post #26952 of 547061/29/13 at 9:03pmThread Starterpost #26953 of 547061/29/13 at 9:04pmpost #26954 of 547061/29/13 at 9:56pmThread Starterpost #26955 of 547061/29/13 at 11:02pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › Should I Wear This?: Post It Before You Roast It 12 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 13 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 21 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding