Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 5:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1749
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26222 of 5430412/31/12 at 11:10pmI had a feeling that last week's batch was skipped, since there was a serious lack of "got tracking number posts" in the thread. Hopefully mine will be in the next batch too.
btw; the biker look comes with the rider jackets period - it doesn't matter which color zippers you choose. but silver zippers seem a bit more flashy/fashiony. my experience with the gunmetal hardware that toj uses is that it gives the jacket a 'vintage' look pretty quickly if you wear into the jacket hard. yellowing/brass color is most prominent on the inside of the zipper teeth and gives it a cool visual effect.
you probably won't be able to see what i'm talking about, but here's my old jacket: [x]
silver zippers aren't a foreign concept - you can see their effect when they're used on any other leather jacket you'll see in a shop.
Edited by omgcookielol - 1/1/13 at 1:11pmpost #26223 of 543041/1/13 at 3:36ampost #26224 of 543041/1/13 at 7:36amQuote:
I went with gunmetal zippers on my 3-zip dark brown goat MDR. Ordered ~ 11 weeks ago so I'm hoping to receive a tracking code this month. I'll try to post pics of it once I've received it. So if you wont end up placing an order just yet, then you'll have a chance to compare pics of 4-zip goat MDR with silver zippers and 3-zip goat MDR with gunmetal zippers.
Edited by Joona - 1/1/13 at 11:09ampost #26225 of 543041/1/13 at 8:08ampost #26226 of 543041/1/13 at 8:14amGuess I should have been paying more attention to this thread this past week!
I'm pretty settled on a medium brown goat A2 as my 2nd toj but I guess now it will cost me an extra 25-50 (even if I can still order now since they haven't picked new prices, I'm not actually ready with tweaked measurements from my MDR). Oh well, could be a lot worse.post #26227 of 543041/1/13 at 8:37amThread Starter
I got caught last week at customs with 9 bottles of booze in my suitcase. That was..... uncomfortable. And hard to explain. Tomorrow I go back with two full rolls of that selvedge oxford cloth, wrapped in brown paper. I've gotten through with similar packs of the fabric before, but I just saw these customs people last week and people don't normally go through the airport with the kind of stuff I do....post #26228 of 543041/1/13 at 1:43pmI'm a complete noob to TOJ and leather jackets in general, but are TOJs customizable to the extent that I could make up a MDR like the old VTG MDR seen here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13241 ?
Essentially, I mean no snaps. Maybe without chest pocket too.
Also, please please please do not stop doing MTM.post #26229 of 543041/1/13 at 1:47pm
I really love both my A-2 and MDR. The lambskin on the MDR is a lot softer and maybe thinner, a really great alternative to the bomber which is a bit thicker and rougher even though both are lamb. I didn't think it was true, but my girl touched the MDR and couldn't stop touching it for 10 minutes haha. I based my MDR sizing off my bomber measurements, and it turned out well. If anyone has sizing questions on going from A-2 to MDR or vice versa feel free to reach out.
A couple pics:
Bomberpost #26230 of 543041/1/13 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
I'm a complete noob to TOJ and leather jackets in general, but are TOJs customizable to the extent that I could make up a MDR like the old VTG MDR seen here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13241 ?
Essentially, I mean no snaps. Maybe without chest pocket too.
Also, please please please do not stop doing MTM.
is...post #26231 of 543041/1/13 at 2:53pmpost #26232 of 543041/1/13 at 3:34pmpost #26233 of 543041/1/13 at 3:39pmpost #26234 of 543041/1/13 at 6:41pmI don't.
I'm very happy my jackets don't have lapel snaps - always found those a little too costumey for me (maybe because I grew up watching the Fonz...). There's a reason the VTG is striking and it's not only the hide - the minimalist aesthetic of the UMDR get a little closer maybe to a RO jacket but with much higher quality of leather, better construction and the ability to get a MTM fit. One of the very best "off menu" items IMO (and not because I was the first to order it, I claim no credit, it's basically the VTG, a TOJ creation)
I think Istasi's UMDR is a beauty FWIW. Gives off a very different vibe from the regular MDR and something that cannot be replicated across other TOJ models.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Why blend in 2% of polyester? 7 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 15 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 23 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories