Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:16 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 3:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1749post #26222 of 5481512/31/12 at 11:10pmI had a feeling that last week's batch was skipped, since there was a serious lack of "got tracking number posts" in the thread. Hopefully mine will be in the next batch too.
btw; the biker look comes with the rider jackets period - it doesn't matter which color zippers you choose. but silver zippers seem a bit more flashy/fashiony. my experience with the gunmetal hardware that toj uses is that it gives the jacket a 'vintage' look pretty quickly if you wear into the jacket hard. yellowing/brass color is most prominent on the inside of the zipper teeth and gives it a cool visual effect.
you probably won't be able to see what i'm talking about, but here's my old jacket: [x]
silver zippers aren't a foreign concept - you can see their effect when they're used on any other leather jacket you'll see in a shop.
Edited by omgcookielol - 1/1/13 at 1:11pmpost #26223 of 548151/1/13 at 3:36ampost #26224 of 548151/1/13 at 7:36amQuote:
I went with gunmetal zippers on my 3-zip dark brown goat MDR. Ordered ~ 11 weeks ago so I'm hoping to receive a tracking code this month. I'll try to post pics of it once I've received it. So if you wont end up placing an order just yet, then you'll have a chance to compare pics of 4-zip goat MDR with silver zippers and 3-zip goat MDR with gunmetal zippers.
Edited by Joona - 1/1/13 at 11:09ampost #26225 of 548151/1/13 at 8:08ampost #26226 of 548151/1/13 at 8:14amGuess I should have been paying more attention to this thread this past week!
I'm pretty settled on a medium brown goat A2 as my 2nd toj but I guess now it will cost me an extra 25-50 (even if I can still order now since they haven't picked new prices, I'm not actually ready with tweaked measurements from my MDR). Oh well, could be a lot worse.post #26227 of 548151/1/13 at 8:37amThread Starter
I got caught last week at customs with 9 bottles of booze in my suitcase. That was..... uncomfortable. And hard to explain. Tomorrow I go back with two full rolls of that selvedge oxford cloth, wrapped in brown paper. I've gotten through with similar packs of the fabric before, but I just saw these customs people last week and people don't normally go through the airport with the kind of stuff I do....post #26228 of 548151/1/13 at 1:43pmI'm a complete noob to TOJ and leather jackets in general, but are TOJs customizable to the extent that I could make up a MDR like the old VTG MDR seen here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13241 ?
Essentially, I mean no snaps. Maybe without chest pocket too.
Also, please please please do not stop doing MTM.post #26229 of 548151/1/13 at 1:47pm
I really love both my A-2 and MDR. The lambskin on the MDR is a lot softer and maybe thinner, a really great alternative to the bomber which is a bit thicker and rougher even though both are lamb. I didn't think it was true, but my girl touched the MDR and couldn't stop touching it for 10 minutes haha. I based my MDR sizing off my bomber measurements, and it turned out well. If anyone has sizing questions on going from A-2 to MDR or vice versa feel free to reach out.
A couple pics:
Bomberpost #26230 of 548151/1/13 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
I'm a complete noob to TOJ and leather jackets in general, but are TOJs customizable to the extent that I could make up a MDR like the old VTG MDR seen here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13241 ?
Essentially, I mean no snaps. Maybe without chest pocket too.
Also, please please please do not stop doing MTM.
is...post #26231 of 548151/1/13 at 2:53pmpost #26232 of 548151/1/13 at 3:34pmpost #26233 of 548151/1/13 at 3:39pmpost #26234 of 548151/1/13 at 6:41pmI don't.
I'm very happy my jackets don't have lapel snaps - always found those a little too costumey for me (maybe because I grew up watching the Fonz...). There's a reason the VTG is striking and it's not only the hide - the minimalist aesthetic of the UMDR get a little closer maybe to a RO jacket but with much higher quality of leather, better construction and the ability to get a MTM fit. One of the very best "off menu" items IMO (and not because I was the first to order it, I claim no credit, it's basically the VTG, a TOJ creation)
I think Istasi's UMDR is a beauty FWIW. Gives off a very different vibe from the regular MDR and something that cannot be replicated across other TOJ models.post #26235 of 548151/1/13 at 6:59pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › shoe repair advice 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway