Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1739post #26071 of 5452012/27/12 at 7:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26072 of 5452012/27/12 at 7:30pmQuote:By HTML colors, do you mean web standard colors? I would just go by what you see on your MBP. High quality IPS panels have more or less become standard. I think the main thing that would help is good photos of swatches and color corrected example photos of jackets (pulled out of the toj gallery, maybe).Originally Posted by impolyt_one
will put up a menu board asap, as I said. heavy calf suede is gonna be the same price as lamb, and there are a rainbow of colors available. We didn't offer many colors in the thinner calf suede on the Bball because we had to custom make that to get to the price/feel we wanted, but with the heavier stuff it's pre-made and waiting there for us. I'll get some good colors up, there's like 1-2 shades of every imaginable primary and intermediate color out there. I've been thinking that maybe I should grab a Windows PC separate from my MBP and do the color menus on uncalibrated monitors, in HTML colors. What do you guys think of this idea, preferably guys with web experience?post #26073 of 5452012/27/12 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Arethusa
By HTML colors, do you mean web standard colors? I would just go by what you see on your MBP. High quality IPS panels have more or less become standard. I think the main thing that would help is good photos of swatches and color corrected example photos of jackets (pulled out of the toj gallery, maybe).
suede's pretty tough to photograph though, would be pretty tough to get a real-life picture to be accurate.post #26074 of 5452012/27/12 at 11:38pmpost #26075 of 5452012/27/12 at 11:53pmpost #26076 of 5452012/28/12 at 12:10ampost #26077 of 5452012/28/12 at 12:15ampost #26078 of 5452012/28/12 at 12:46ampost #26079 of 5452012/28/12 at 12:58ampost #26080 of 5452012/28/12 at 1:01ampost #26081 of 5452012/28/12 at 1:39amQuote:Originally Posted by hipster
i remember drew posting a long time ago about which jacket goes best with which neck type but cant find it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)WILLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
If you have a short neck, the big collar (and I mean big, the A2 with the shearling on is not dainty) would probably not be as flattering as the low neckline of the Moto.
I'm thinking about putting a new option for the CWU-45 out there - ribbed collar like the MA-1/Varsity instead of a collar. I should've done that awhile back, just been busy. i want my second CWU with a rib collar myself.
I think this is it.
I vaguely remember a more detailed post where he (or someone else) brought up ribbed&moto collars being preferable for dudes with shorter necks.
Edited by omgcookielol - 12/28/12 at 1:58ampost #26082 of 5452012/28/12 at 3:11amThread StarterQuote:
any jacket like this needs a bit of molding time. I found the best way was to open it so the lapels flatten and then sit it face down on the ground and walk on it barefoot. lol. It took shape after a day. You can take it easier on the jacket and it'll look better for it too. Leather has a bit of memory and needs time to work itself into positionpost #26083 of 5452012/28/12 at 6:42ampost #26084 of 5452012/28/12 at 6:46ampost #26085 of 5452012/28/12 at 6:54amQuote:
can't wait to see #menswear bloggers wearing TOJ with bow ties and tasseled loafers
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1685 Active Users (419 Members and 1266 Guests)
- › Random Food Questions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Variance in the acceptabilty of business dress by region. 11 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...