Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 7:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1732
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25967 of 5403312/24/12 at 1:02pmpost #25968 of 5403312/24/12 at 1:13pm
Hi! Considering buying my first TOJ and am a new member here! I've lurked this thread on and off for a long time now, and I'm thinking of getting a lamb A2.
Just a few questions though! This thread is massive.
1) I've never had a lamb leather jacket before. Is it something that is still pretty strong against tearing/scratching, or should I be pretty careful with it? I understand it's less durable than calf/goat but is it pretty durable in itself? Something I could wear 6-7 years?
2) I'm in Vancouver so I get a lot of rain. Is it a big concern for the lamb jackets? How should I maintain it?
3) Is there a reason why I see a lot of bombers that have this poofy-ness around the stomach area? On the other hand there's fits like this that doesn't look as poofy but more slim: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=11067 I really want my jacket to fit like that. Maybe he just pulled it down for the shot?
4) On another note, I missed the big shift from TOJ --> John Coppidge. Is TOJ moving away from MTM stuff soon and going to standardized sizes?
Anyways, if any of these questions can be answered, that'd be awesome =)
Thanks!post #25969 of 5403312/24/12 at 1:22pmpost #25970 of 5403312/24/12 at 1:27pmpost #25971 of 5403312/24/12 at 2:19pmpost #25972 of 5403312/24/12 at 2:24pmpost #25973 of 5403312/24/12 at 2:25pmpost #25974 of 5403312/24/12 at 2:32pmpost #25975 of 5403312/24/12 at 2:39pmpost #25976 of 5403312/24/12 at 2:43pmWore my CWU45 in light rain recently, and it's a little less soft - but it's still soft, and a little conditioner could restore it to its previous condition. The only thing that you might need to worry about is the suede patch. If I knew that it was going to rain or snow, I'd always wear something else.
The jacket is sized to be a little more roomy than a moto/rider. It would probably look ridiculous if this weren't the case.
Don't roll around in sandpaper and don't rub against sharp things and your jacket should last.post #25977 of 5403312/24/12 at 2:49pmpost #25978 of 5403312/24/12 at 3:28pmThis comes up every few pages or so, and I don't think anyone's really going to be able to answer you about lamb durability. It's true that lamb's fragile, but for most people, it'll do fine. On the other hand, if you actually do rough things in your clothes (basement punk concerts, protests, streetfighting), you probably already know what you need.
Personally, the bomber not being available in calf is what's kept me away from the A2.post #25979 of 5403312/24/12 at 4:09pmpost #25980 of 5403312/24/12 at 4:26pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 seconds ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF OCT... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fear the Walking Dead 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...