Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 9:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1732post #25966 of 5477012/24/12 at 11:22ampost #25967 of 5477012/24/12 at 1:02pmpost #25968 of 5477012/24/12 at 1:13pm
Hi! Considering buying my first TOJ and am a new member here! I've lurked this thread on and off for a long time now, and I'm thinking of getting a lamb A2.
Just a few questions though! This thread is massive.
1) I've never had a lamb leather jacket before. Is it something that is still pretty strong against tearing/scratching, or should I be pretty careful with it? I understand it's less durable than calf/goat but is it pretty durable in itself? Something I could wear 6-7 years?
2) I'm in Vancouver so I get a lot of rain. Is it a big concern for the lamb jackets? How should I maintain it?
3) Is there a reason why I see a lot of bombers that have this poofy-ness around the stomach area? On the other hand there's fits like this that doesn't look as poofy but more slim: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=11067 I really want my jacket to fit like that. Maybe he just pulled it down for the shot?
4) On another note, I missed the big shift from TOJ --> John Coppidge. Is TOJ moving away from MTM stuff soon and going to standardized sizes?
Anyways, if any of these questions can be answered, that'd be awesome =)
Thanks!post #25969 of 5477012/24/12 at 1:22pmpost #25970 of 5477012/24/12 at 1:27pmpost #25971 of 5477012/24/12 at 2:19pmpost #25972 of 5477012/24/12 at 2:24pmpost #25973 of 5477012/24/12 at 2:25pmpost #25974 of 5477012/24/12 at 2:32pmpost #25975 of 5477012/24/12 at 2:39pmpost #25976 of 5477012/24/12 at 2:43pmWore my CWU45 in light rain recently, and it's a little less soft - but it's still soft, and a little conditioner could restore it to its previous condition. The only thing that you might need to worry about is the suede patch. If I knew that it was going to rain or snow, I'd always wear something else.
The jacket is sized to be a little more roomy than a moto/rider. It would probably look ridiculous if this weren't the case.
Don't roll around in sandpaper and don't rub against sharp things and your jacket should last.post #25977 of 5477012/24/12 at 2:49pmpost #25978 of 5477012/24/12 at 3:28pmThis comes up every few pages or so, and I don't think anyone's really going to be able to answer you about lamb durability. It's true that lamb's fragile, but for most people, it'll do fine. On the other hand, if you actually do rough things in your clothes (basement punk concerts, protests, streetfighting), you probably already know what you need.
Personally, the bomber not being available in calf is what's kept me away from the A2.post #25979 of 5477012/24/12 at 4:09pmpost #25980 of 5477012/24/12 at 4:26pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Recent purchases - Part II 39 seconds ago
- › Personalized Leather Briefcase by RockDove - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Cleverley, Saint Crispins, Bemer, Trickers, Sargent, Vauk, Sanders 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...