Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 4:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 6:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1707post #25591 of 5409912/9/12 at 5:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25592 of 5409912/9/12 at 5:50pmpost #25593 of 5409912/9/12 at 5:55pmpost #25594 of 5409912/9/12 at 6:03pmpost #25595 of 5409912/9/12 at 6:16pmThread StarterQuote:
lol, a page back I was gonna reply with 'never worked in a restaurant before?'post #25596 of 5409912/9/12 at 7:11pmpost #25597 of 5409912/9/12 at 7:54pmpost #25598 of 5409912/10/12 at 9:51am
So IT CAME! I was super bummed, because I was taking a final, came home, tracking said it had just arrived to local PO, but my mail had already come today. Lo and behold, I get a knock 30 minutes after being home, it was being hand delivered to me. Whatever shipping method you guys use, is awesome. Fit pics:
Hopefully I can get some non-bathroom shots of it out in the wild...potentially over the holidays.
-The lamb feel is like nothing I could have dreamed of. I felt some leather jackets yesterday, just to try and get an impression, but it's SO MUCH SOFTER. It's incredible. Makes me want to order another before MTM ends.
- Was a bit worried about shoulder sizing, but I really just wanted to trust Charly, and of course it's great. Waist might be the only thing that's a bit tight, but it's nothing crazy tight (and honestly I need to cut some winter weight). THANKS CHARLY!
It's just an amazing jacket over all, and I completely worth the wait. ToJ/JC, I will forever be a fanboy, and will be copping more Jawnz from you shortly.
Edit: For all the tote whiners -- it came with a tote.
Edit edit: I'm excited to see yours smash...
Edited by B0Bs4g3t - 12/10/12 at 10:27ampost #25599 of 5409912/10/12 at 9:55ampost #25600 of 5409912/10/12 at 10:20ampost #25601 of 5409912/10/12 at 10:56amDellath and I both have used Obernauf's HDLP on our VTGs, but it's a VTG-only deal. Calf doesn't need it since calf is already basically waterproof. I did Lexol my other jacket, which is calf, a few weeks back. It did feel a little less dry afterwards, but I might Lexol it again tonight.
VTG update while I'm here: it's softened up nicely. One initial rubdown with moisturizer early on, one application of Obernauf's HDLP, and a lot of wear. Not getting noticeably tanner than the last pics I posted, but it's so gradual, and I don't get outside during the daytime enough.
The last thing to break in seems to be the cuffs, which are still awkward when I'm trying to do stuff with my hands. Because the cuffs are an inside and outside leather surface, folded over at the seams, they're 4 times as thick as the rest of the jacket at the opening.
and then there's this part, where the button flap is sewn into there, making it six layerspost #25602 of 5409912/10/12 at 3:56pmpost #25603 of 5409912/10/12 at 4:01pmpost #25604 of 5409912/10/12 at 4:16pmpost #25605 of 5409912/10/12 at 4:57pm
is asking for a rib collar cwu45 to be made with digi camo lining considered heresy? I suppose it wouldn't do justice to how soft the leather is...dont get all "youre a simpleton"im just thinking into the key board.
bobsagets excited face is an extra nudge but i might set aside my wanting a cwu45 for a lamb ma1. I will need a black leather...
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Dolce and Gabbana, D&G Time piece watch, woman, gold, flathead DW0171 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Video Games 13 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth