Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 4:02 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1695post #25411 of 5452012/6/12 at 8:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25412 of 5452012/6/12 at 8:09pmpost #25413 of 5452012/6/12 at 8:30pmThread StarterQuote:
Yeah, my understanding and honest assumption is this, it's a totally honest scenario - they each just found each other in poorer days of old Korea, either working together or finding out they have the same work backgrounds, and have the kind of relationships where work rather than outright romance are what gets them through the day. They're all older and each probably has 30 years of clothesmaking experience. They're old enough to possibly have gone through the old sweatshop days, pre-labor reform/Jung Tae-il, but I try not to ask them about stuff like that as it's probably not so pleasant and not connected to the now. They all own (well, rent) their own workshops and do business on their own, and I'm not trying to change anything about that. It's a good honest work relationship. It's a little expensive at times and prevents me from bringing things to market at certain prices (because mass-made stuff can blow me out of the water pricewise, often) but for what we go through with making, and what they do well, it's much worth it and rewarding.
I think secondarily, each of these people, men and women alike, all have a 'crafter/artisan' mentality where they just zone in on their work all day and don't really talk all that much by their own doing. It's like the Myers-Briggs ISTP personality. They don't really even like to talk all that much to me or Dan, it's more like a 'ok, just leave it up me and also, leave me alone' type attitude. They tackle related but unique projects everyday and just craft them from raw to finished goods, and that's the day's work; they collect their payment and check back in for another day.post #25414 of 5452012/6/12 at 8:41pmpost #25415 of 5452012/6/12 at 8:43pmpost #25416 of 5452012/6/12 at 8:45pmpost #25417 of 5452012/6/12 at 8:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Somebody asked if the TOJ blacklist transfers over to John Coppidge - yes, being blacklisted is a lifetime ban; it takes some significantly douche-y act(s) to get yourself blacklisted with TOJ, just common sense.
We reserve the right to cancel and refund orders without notice. We may move to a web store model with checkout in the future, but we'll cancel and refund any orders made by current blacklistees.
Huh, how do you get backlisted?
LOL.post #25418 of 5452012/6/12 at 8:53pmI'm pretty sure this has been discussed many times before.. but in terms of functtionality/aesthetics, what would be the best footwear in pairing with a black lamb A-2? Of course, it all depends on how you want to wear it (dress up w/ lace up or dress down w/sneakers..)
I've seen many photos with white cps and margiela for sneakers... but in terms of casual boots, wolverine 1000 miles comes off to me as too dressy and looking like you are trying too hard, while red wing work wear is too clunky for the slim profile of the jacket..
I was leaning towards viberg x four horsemen or dayton boots... but any other options that you guys typically pair with on daily use?? footwear is often the most hardest part in styling warddrobe.. and it seems I'm having hard time matching the perfect footwear with certain styles..post #25419 of 5452012/6/12 at 9:00pmpost #25420 of 5452012/6/12 at 9:01pmpost #25421 of 5452012/6/12 at 9:01pmQuote:
It's going to be difficult if you try to find the PERFECT pair of shoes/boots to match PERFECTLY with each outfit. Instead, why not look for something flexible- that can be adapted to a variety of styles? White minimal sneakers go well with everything. Black Chelsea boots go well with Black DRs and Motos. Alden Indys look nice with Brown Jackets (especially) A2s.post #25422 of 5452012/6/12 at 9:26pmThread Starter
Quite simple - we have a business running here, and while we don't ask much for our product relative to the quality, we do need to make a profit from it to go forward; at the very least, we can't pay people to have our things. We hit pretty astounding levels of customer satisfaction, but of course there are those who cross over with some of the manners regarding customer/vendor relations. There's definitely been a couple of people who go beyond reasonability. We don't need to tell people they are blacklisted; we just ignore any future purchases they try to make, it's not worth the hassle. This is like 0.000002% of our customer base, historically. The blacklist is short, but existent.
There's been a guy blacklisted for being a dick to me in person, too, and generally for being a real life douche who I just don't want to deal with. Long story. lol. We just told him flat out that he was blacklisted. He ended up buying a TOJ on B+S after that.post #25423 of 5452012/6/12 at 9:37pmpost #25424 of 5452012/6/12 at 9:47pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 27 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 56 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?