Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
- Are Belstaff leather jackets worth it? Last post on 11/30/14 at 4:42am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1691
Styleforum Top Picks
are you saying i am unaesthetic?! I agree with you on the most part. The pattern that TOJ uses is amazing on some, but not everyone.
I personally found the silver hardware to be a bit too "over the top." The MDR I'm currently waiting for is with gunmetal hardware. Once I receive it and the sizing is good (i shortened the sleeve length a bit and increased the chest as I started hitting the gym again) I will be pulling the trigger on a quilted moto.
I'm not sure if I should even mention this since this is a TOJ thread, but I also picked up a Schott NYC bomber during the long ass wait for my MDR and I gotta say, I have not yet experienced anything as nice as a TOJ leather jacket. Schott is good but TOJ is next level jawnz.
Nah man I'm not
The best example I can think of is if drew offered a MTM option for something like raw denim. You'd undoubtedly have a large segment of people who cannot find anything in the market for them because of their odd proportions or they're under/over weight, whatever. This coupled with a misunderstanding of how complicated it is to produce a garment that is balanced in appearance results in what sometimes appears to be "bad" fits.
It wouldn't be at all a shock to me if this is indeed part of the (probably many) reasons why MTM is eventually going to disappear, not only do you have a very long wait but you sometimes have cannonballs trying to drape themselves in silk and rakes in armor. Drew has alluded to all of this before in a post but I don't really want to look for it.
Your jacket does look a little tight but it's really only noticeable when it's zipped. I don't know if it's because your asian and thus hold body fat differently but you look a little chubby, if it was me I'd personally just try to drop some lbs vs take a $100+ loss on B&S. None of this really matters if you're happy with your jacket, though.
I don't know about that particular one, but usually when drew takes those shots it's not a jacket made for him personally, and it's usually a size or so bigger than he usually wears so of course it's going to look more relaxed
As far as bunching in the back, w/ the riders its bound to happen at least a little bit unless you size it to fit really short / have no ass. Mine does it a bit, especially if I layer much under it.
If you have wide hips and don't want a cropped jacket, you can also increase the length and the waist measurement, as I have done for my TOJs. It makes for a more relaxed fit if you like that aesthetic, though the effect of the fitted arms and shoulders is still "slim".
come on brah
Oh my god I totally forgot about that hahaha
Hands down my worst fit ever
In case anyone doesn't know yet, Paypal is having a cashback promo, get 5% cashback (max $20) on your second purchase when you pay with paypal, so buy a $1 item on ebay and then save $20 on your next TOJ! Make sure to have TOJ send you an invoice to your email and pay from there to be 100% certain the cashback will go through.
We do not send out invoices.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 45 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Cap toe cigar shell BNIB 768.00 Carmina Cognac Shell... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015