Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:02 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 3/19/17 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1684post #25246 of 5482212/3/12 at 12:10pmpost #25247 of 5482212/3/12 at 12:11pmpost #25248 of 5482212/3/12 at 12:23pmMy jacket does seem to have a lot more grain than previous photos I had seen. When I first posted detail photos of it, someone even asked if it was goat.
Different parts also feel different--do they use different thicknesses? The top/outside of the sleeve seems to be thicker and less buttery than the inside(palm/armpit side) of the sleeve on both sides.post #25249 of 5482212/3/12 at 12:25pmpost #25250 of 5482212/3/12 at 12:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by otc
My jacket does seem to have a lot more grain than previous photos I had seen. When I first posted detail photos of it, someone even asked if it was goat.
Different parts also feel different--do they use different thicknesses? The top/outside of the sleeve seems to be thicker and less buttery than the inside(palm/armpit side) of the sleeve on both sides.
Where can we see the pics you posted?post #25251 of 5482212/3/12 at 12:42pmpost #25252 of 5482212/3/12 at 12:46pmpost #25253 of 5482212/3/12 at 12:52pm
Just wondering, how much of a difference in warmth are there between the different versions of the moto?
Like on a very basic level, I know calf is the hardest one and takes time breaking in, lamb is buttery soft and drapes nicely, and lastly goat is more similar to lamb than calf but it's got more texture than both of them.
During the coldest days in the winter(here in sweden) it goes down to -20 degrees celsius and I'm guessing that even with, let's say tee/shirt/sweater underneath you will freeze at those temperatures, but are any of the versions of the moto warm enough for around -10 with said layering?post #25254 of 5482212/3/12 at 1:32pmQuote:edit: I think that any differences would be minimal. You don't hear people praising calf over lamb or vice versa at winter.
I start to feel REALLY cold in my lamb jackets around 0C, but it's all relative.post #25255 of 5482212/3/12 at 1:34pmpost #25256 of 5482212/3/12 at 1:40pmpost #25257 of 5482212/3/12 at 2:38pmpost #25258 of 5482212/3/12 at 2:46pmpost #25259 of 5482212/3/12 at 2:46pmpost #25260 of 5482212/3/12 at 2:49pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 seconds ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...