Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1675post #25111 of 5452011/28/12 at 2:39amThanks, and fair point. I don't usually have a problem fitting into things that aren't just plain too-small, but I do have to ask myself how you (or others) fit into clothes that aren't MTM if it's such a deal-breaker. I'm not saying you're in the wrong, or that you wouldn't benefit from MTM, just that I think people go overboard on what they "need." Of course, I have made use of MTM on all of my direct orders, and I'm sure I would keep doing it if the system stays as-is, rather than just telling Charly I need a 51, or whatever. And, just to clarify, I'm definitely guilty of the compulsiveness that I'm preaching against.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25112 of 5452011/28/12 at 4:02ampost #25113 of 5452011/28/12 at 8:17ampost #25114 of 5452011/28/12 at 8:25ampost #25115 of 5452011/28/12 at 8:27ampost #25116 of 5452011/28/12 at 8:28ampost #25117 of 5452011/28/12 at 8:30amQuote:
dwade u go to baruch? lol
i havent seen anyone at baruch wearing a TOJ but ill def be rocking my MDR soon.post #25118 of 5452011/28/12 at 8:43amI guess what I most anticipate from the JC makeover is the potentially lower production times. It would be convenient if you could order late summer, when you start to get into a fall state of mind, and actually have the jacket that fall. The same goes with winter, spring and summer.
FYI: I am on 13 weeks waiting for a Moto leather, and I am on 10 weeks waiting for a BB jacket.post #25119 of 5452011/28/12 at 9:20amQuote:
Either you make do with stuff that doesn't quite fit right or do without (for me, mostly the latter). I know what you mean, though, but I'd like to think I'm in the very small minority where MTM makes the most sense. My MTM shirts are miles above anything I've found in the RTW world with regards to fit, as is my ToJ. I accept that I may be a fringe case (18" neck, 50" chest, 19.5" shoulders is hard to match up. JCrew does it best, but the necks are still too small and shoulders/body too big, for example).post #25120 of 5452011/28/12 at 9:26ampost #25121 of 5452011/28/12 at 9:42ampost #25122 of 5452011/28/12 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by emilo
I guess what I most anticipate from the JC makeover is the potentially lower production times. It would be convenient if you could order late summer, when you start to get into a fall state of mind, and actually have the jacket that fall. The same goes with winter, spring and summer.
FYI: I am on 13 weeks waiting for a Moto leather, and I am on 10 weeks waiting for a BB jacket.
15 weeks here, I'm pretty sure one dudes at 20+post #25123 of 5452011/28/12 at 9:49ampost #25124 of 5452011/28/12 at 9:50ampost #25125 of 5452011/28/12 at 10:30am
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1211 Active Users (225 Members and 986 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › ISAIA NAPOLI DB SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN SWEATER 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Wesco Boots! 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › Eidos lupo polos, sweaters 50% off 16 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?