always lamb for first maybe goat for second and calf when you're ready to break in a jacket for years.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 1:48 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1615post #24211 of 5451811/5/12 at 10:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24212 of 5451811/5/12 at 11:09pmpost #24213 of 5451811/5/12 at 11:46pmQuote:
Buy the leather which you prefer in the mdr style. Refer to the toj mdr gallery
IMO Some leathers are better suited to a particular style than others. For example, Lamb suits a2 & dr 2010 well, but i like the look of calf on the mdr vs lamb.
Some prefer lamb on mdr which is fine as well, its just personal preference really and i dont think 1 is better than the other. Consider the properties below which should help with choosing.
Lamb: buttery soft but still thick, ready to wear/no break in required, less structure than calf, has a matte look to it where calf has a bit of shine.
Calf: heavy, provides a structured look, requires break in, looks bad ass, has a shine to it that lamb doesnt.post #24214 of 5451811/5/12 at 11:56pmIt's the Italian calfskin in olive. Every time I need to go outside I smile when I reach for the jacket.
Re: calf v lamb, the break in period really isn't something to be feared. I've got three cow hide jackets and though you'll want to wear it a bit at home first for the creases to set in your arms, once you're good the structure and the way the jacket sits on you makes you feel like a million bucks.post #24215 of 5451811/6/12 at 12:02ampost #24216 of 5451811/6/12 at 12:13ampost #24217 of 5451811/6/12 at 12:22ampost #24218 of 5451811/6/12 at 12:59ampost #24219 of 5451811/6/12 at 2:02ampost #24220 of 5451811/6/12 at 2:09am
He told me silver "will be standard soon enough" when I asked last week, so gunmetal may still be the "default" option if you don't specify.
Anyway, this zipper talk got me thinking, what's going to happen with the leather choices when JC comes around? With the limited availability of some of them, will they be a MTO option or something like that?post #24221 of 5451811/6/12 at 2:55amDear dark whisky calf owners... which one of those gallery pictures best represent it?
http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13773post #24222 of 5451811/6/12 at 4:47amQuote:
Please make a weekend bag/large hold all. Has a TOJ bag been made previously?post #24223 of 5451811/6/12 at 4:48amThread Starterpost #24224 of 5451811/6/12 at 5:11am
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Uniqlo Thread 23 seconds ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 5 minutes ago
- › Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...