always lamb for first maybe goat for second and calf when you're ready to break in a jacket for years.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:56 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 7/21/16 at 8:45pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1615post #24211 of 5469811/5/12 at 10:23pmpost #24212 of 5469811/5/12 at 11:09pmpost #24213 of 5469811/5/12 at 11:46pmQuote:
Buy the leather which you prefer in the mdr style. Refer to the toj mdr gallery
IMO Some leathers are better suited to a particular style than others. For example, Lamb suits a2 & dr 2010 well, but i like the look of calf on the mdr vs lamb.
Some prefer lamb on mdr which is fine as well, its just personal preference really and i dont think 1 is better than the other. Consider the properties below which should help with choosing.
Lamb: buttery soft but still thick, ready to wear/no break in required, less structure than calf, has a matte look to it where calf has a bit of shine.
Calf: heavy, provides a structured look, requires break in, looks bad ass, has a shine to it that lamb doesnt.post #24214 of 5469811/5/12 at 11:56pmIt's the Italian calfskin in olive. Every time I need to go outside I smile when I reach for the jacket.
Re: calf v lamb, the break in period really isn't something to be feared. I've got three cow hide jackets and though you'll want to wear it a bit at home first for the creases to set in your arms, once you're good the structure and the way the jacket sits on you makes you feel like a million bucks.post #24215 of 5469811/6/12 at 12:02ampost #24216 of 5469811/6/12 at 12:13ampost #24217 of 5469811/6/12 at 12:22ampost #24218 of 5469811/6/12 at 12:59ampost #24219 of 5469811/6/12 at 2:02ampost #24220 of 5469811/6/12 at 2:09am
He told me silver "will be standard soon enough" when I asked last week, so gunmetal may still be the "default" option if you don't specify.
Anyway, this zipper talk got me thinking, what's going to happen with the leather choices when JC comes around? With the limited availability of some of them, will they be a MTO option or something like that?post #24221 of 5469811/6/12 at 2:55amDear dark whisky calf owners... which one of those gallery pictures best represent it?
http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13773post #24222 of 5469811/6/12 at 4:47amQuote:
Please make a weekend bag/large hold all. Has a TOJ bag been made previously?post #24223 of 5469811/6/12 at 4:48amThread Starterpost #24224 of 5469811/6/12 at 5:11ampost #24225 of 5469811/6/12 at 5:28am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 16 minutes ago
- › FS: 2 Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald suits 43L/37W 16 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 17 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding