If they're putting out a jacket a day as stated and they're $730 you can figure it out pretty easily with a rough estimate of profit margin.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 3:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1588
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23807 of 5451610/26/12 at 11:49am^ FTFYQuote:Originally Posted by B0Bs4g3t
Drew -- not to get all personal, and maybe it's rude to ask this question, but I'm really curious: through running TOJ, how much money are you taking away from all this? I don't need a specific number. But are you like Romney rich? Droppin' dollaz on hoez in a music video rich? OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! Obama's trying to protect me middle class rich? Maybe this is something that has been talked about, but I'm newer, and just curious how valuable ToJ is.post #23808 of 5451610/26/12 at 11:51ampost #23809 of 5451610/26/12 at 11:53amQuote:
Not that easy. Are the hookers and blow expensable? I'm not current on tax law and it's throwing off my calculations.post #23810 of 5451610/26/12 at 12:07pmpost #23811 of 5451610/26/12 at 12:28pmQuote:Quote:
this will turn yellow?!?
this would make my decision much easier if i could get a definitive answer. my white leather on the varsity is still sittin' clean. i dont wear my jackets day in-day out fwiwpost #23812 of 5451610/26/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
snow I am foolish enough to have ordered an ivory mdr, so if you want to wait and see how mine goes i'll keep you updated (assuming it fits!)post #23813 of 5451610/26/12 at 3:10pmpost #23814 of 5451610/26/12 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by B0Bs4g3t
Yeah, I mean...how much does the material cost? How much is the labor being paid? I don't need specifics, but as someone who has no experience in retail/manufacturing (I'm a grad student in materials science engineering) I have no idea how to estimate the costs that go into one jacket.
There's a post somewhere in this thread that has a bit of an answer to that.post #23815 of 5451610/26/12 at 3:24pmpost #23816 of 5451610/26/12 at 3:41pmQuote:
Oh man, now I feel ripped off.
I was under the impression that Drew was paying for the jacket and I was just paying for shipping and a flight from Japan to Korea so he could make sure it looks nice and put it in the mail.post #23817 of 5451610/26/12 at 4:00pmQuote:
If I recall correctly, it was somewhere in the ballpark of $125/day (1 day = 1 jacket) for labor plus cost of materials plus possibly a small profit (not sure about this one), then doubled to account for any potential issues in production/shipping/etc.post #23818 of 5451610/26/12 at 4:04pmpost #23819 of 5451610/26/12 at 4:13pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 5 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...