I believe "murked" is slang for "murdered," yeah.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 2:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1576post #23627 of 5469810/22/12 at 8:16pmpost #23628 of 5469810/22/12 at 8:38pmpost #23629 of 5469810/22/12 at 9:08pmpost #23630 of 5469810/22/12 at 9:12pmpost #23631 of 5469810/22/12 at 9:39pmpost #23632 of 5469810/22/12 at 9:40pmpost #23633 of 5469810/22/12 at 9:48pmQuote:Just FYI my jacket has in the last 3-4 months or so has become "throwonable", it's such a powerful piece that instantaneously feel different as soon as i hurl this beast of a jacket on. I probably don't look as good in it as with my CM black lamb, but i god damn love this jacket 10 times more than all of my ToJ items, check that, more than all of my whole wardrobe.Originally Posted by Synthese
Cross-posted from WAYWT:
I suppose the main issue is that it doesn't get that much sun, or that much wear, so it's definitely going to be a multi-year process to get it to the point even that Dellath is at with his. It has already turned into sort of a good 'ol standby at this point, which is nice - don't know what to wear? Raw jawnz, raw jacket. I mean, it's not quite baseball-jacket-throwonable, but it's definitely a sort of coddling piece. Which is interesting, actually, because if you think back to Temple Grandin's squeeze machine, it's a bit weird to be soothed by getting squeezed by the skin of a dead animal that was probably...soothed by getting squeezed before it was killed.
Your CM VTG is starting to look damn fine, almost making want to own the MRD AND the CM.post #23634 of 5469810/22/12 at 10:24pmpost #23635 of 5469810/22/12 at 10:36pmpost #23636 of 5469810/22/12 at 11:14pmpost #23637 of 5469810/23/12 at 12:24amQuote:Originally Posted by omgcookielol
Silver/gunmetal will generally look better on dudes who do the white tee/blue jeans uniform thing.Black hardware isn't as versatile, imo. It works better with my wardrobe than silver zipped stuff since everything I own right now is some shade of black with black/aged brass hardware.
In addition to this, I find that silver zips add a bit of flamboyance to the jacket depending on how you dress it up. When coupled with a mostly black outfit or shades of grey they can be very flashy. Still love them, just my two cents. I'd say if anyone's going for silver on black make sure there's a lot of contrast in your outfits.post #23638 of 5469810/23/12 at 12:51amIronKnochs pretty much hit the nail on the head. That was a good summary of my experiences with my old 2010DR.
Cell pics of my new jackets.
pls don't post to gallery cause i will cry
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for sizing concerns, you can't really fuck up the shoulders unless you weren't reading the measuring guide and added something extreme, like an extra 2-3 inches in the shoulders (slouchy fit territory?). My old jacket was probably an inch wider in the shoulders, and you probably couldn't tell a difference in the fit. A little room in the body isn't bad either - it's all about silhouettes anyways. Charly has the sizing thing down though, so as long as you're honest about your measurements, you'll be happy with the end product.
Ribbed CWU-45 is probably the comfiest TOJ I've had the pleasure of owning. The collar is so easy on the neck, the arms don't seem to taper much toward the wrist (easy to wear a watch under the sleeve), easy access arm office that replaces the need for jeans pockets, and a black single zip that makes getting the jacket on&off so much easier than my double zips.
You guys will probably hear me talk more about the other jackets in the upcoming days, because I'm too tired to say everything that I want to atm. In summary though, I'm a really happy customer, and I look forward to receiving my next jacket.
Edited by omgcookielol - 10/23/12 at 1:26ampost #23639 of 5469810/23/12 at 1:45amThread Starterpost #23640 of 5469810/23/12 at 4:03amThread Starter
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Navy Sport Coat Advice 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 12 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 15 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 15 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding