Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 5:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1532post #22966 of 543049/22/12 at 9:06pmIn the process of ordering a whisky 4zip MDR, I believe I sized my bomber length correctly (hits past waistband), want to keep the same body lengths. Bad idea? I know most people wear the MDR as a more aggressive jacket, but I think a more conservative fit might work with whisky? (color feels old-timey to me)
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22967 of 543049/22/12 at 9:08pmpost #22968 of 543049/22/12 at 9:15pmThread Starterpost #22969 of 543049/22/12 at 9:40pmpost #22970 of 543049/23/12 at 1:41ampost #22971 of 543049/23/12 at 3:15amI have quite a strong crease running vertically down one of the sleeves of my red calf DR. It's been there since I got the jacket in April. I've ignored it for a long time, partly because I thought it might just settle down with wear, partly because I was enjoying wearing the jacket so much that it wasn't really bothering me.
However, now the temperature's dropped, and it's going to get a lot more wear, I'm keen to try and get the crease out. Can anyone suggest something that might help?post #22972 of 543049/23/12 at 11:06ampost #22973 of 543049/23/12 at 2:46pmpost #22974 of 543049/23/12 at 7:38pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Shryke
I have quite a strong crease running vertically down one of the sleeves of my red calf DR. It's been there since I got the jacket in April. I've ignored it for a long time, partly because I thought it might just settle down with wear, partly because I was enjoying wearing the jacket so much that it wasn't really bothering me.
However, now the temperature's dropped, and it's going to get a lot more wear, I'm keen to try and get the crease out. Can anyone suggest something that might help?
It'll wear out over time. Any creases that aren't normal to a body's movement will flatten themselves out once the jacket gets lived in a bit.post #22975 of 543049/23/12 at 8:15pmHad a little time to kill today and some ok sunlight--thought I should post something better than my phone picture in office lighting.
Not sure what I would change in the measurements. I suppose the shirt beneath it could be longer (especially since it rides up a bit in these pics) but at 6'2 it starts to be hard to find shirts that fit ok and are long enough.post #22976 of 543049/23/12 at 8:17pmpost #22977 of 543049/23/12 at 8:27pmQuote:
Is Korea that racist or is it only to dark-skinned people? My friend whose Chinese went to Seoul for work and said he's never had any problems with anything. He's also traveled to Osaka and Tokyo for work and said they were weren't as welcoming as in Korea. Maybe it's because he's Chinese and the two countries have history together?post #22978 of 543049/23/12 at 10:13pmSorry guys, sizing question on the TOJ1 and BBall. I have received advice from Charly but I'm a bit concerned having seen someone else's post in this thread who was of similar dimensions to me and given the same sizing advice which ended up with an oversized jacket.
I've been recommended size 50 by Charly in TOJ1 and BBall and am 5'11", 76KG (168lb) with a 37.5" chest. Based on the rule of sizing up 1 on these jackets I expect Charlys advice is good (I have an A2 in stock 48 which is good) but Woody's post has made me a little nervous, particularly as I'm ordering 2 jackets at the same time. I do note that Woody is 2 inches shorter and 6kg lighter than me so perhaps this puts him into a slightly slimmer category to me...he does have the same 37.5" chest though.
Can anyone of comparable dimensions advise?
Edit: having looked again at some pics in the gallery the TOJ1 in size 50 will definitely be fine. Should I definitely size the BBall the same, as per Charly's advice?post #22979 of 543049/23/12 at 10:53pmpost #22980 of 543049/23/12 at 11:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Timbaland
Is Korea that racist or is it only to dark-skinned people? My friend whose Chinese went to Seoul for work and said he's never had any problems with anything. He's also traveled to Osaka and Tokyo for work and said they were weren't as welcoming as in Korea. Maybe it's because he's Chinese and the two countries have history together?
Korea is alright, more bark than bite when it comes to that. Koreans kind of have a trollish sense of humor, see ceoceo's high quality posting for an example. . Other Asians usually get along alright over there, especially if they humor others. Being black in Korea probably has as many ups as it does downs.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Currently, there are 971 Active Users (139 Members and 832 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 41 minutes ago
- › BNIB Carmina Vegano Marron Single Monk Cap Toe Alcudia 7.5UK 46 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 46 minutes ago
- › Can't remember name of high-end Web seller 48 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 50 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories