Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 4:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1532post #22966 of 548159/22/12 at 9:06pmIn the process of ordering a whisky 4zip MDR, I believe I sized my bomber length correctly (hits past waistband), want to keep the same body lengths. Bad idea? I know most people wear the MDR as a more aggressive jacket, but I think a more conservative fit might work with whisky? (color feels old-timey to me)post #22967 of 548159/22/12 at 9:08pmpost #22968 of 548159/22/12 at 9:15pmThread Starterpost #22969 of 548159/22/12 at 9:40pmpost #22970 of 548159/23/12 at 1:41ampost #22971 of 548159/23/12 at 3:15amI have quite a strong crease running vertically down one of the sleeves of my red calf DR. It's been there since I got the jacket in April. I've ignored it for a long time, partly because I thought it might just settle down with wear, partly because I was enjoying wearing the jacket so much that it wasn't really bothering me.
However, now the temperature's dropped, and it's going to get a lot more wear, I'm keen to try and get the crease out. Can anyone suggest something that might help?post #22972 of 548159/23/12 at 11:06ampost #22973 of 548159/23/12 at 2:46pmpost #22974 of 548159/23/12 at 7:38pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Shryke
I have quite a strong crease running vertically down one of the sleeves of my red calf DR. It's been there since I got the jacket in April. I've ignored it for a long time, partly because I thought it might just settle down with wear, partly because I was enjoying wearing the jacket so much that it wasn't really bothering me.
However, now the temperature's dropped, and it's going to get a lot more wear, I'm keen to try and get the crease out. Can anyone suggest something that might help?
It'll wear out over time. Any creases that aren't normal to a body's movement will flatten themselves out once the jacket gets lived in a bit.post #22975 of 548159/23/12 at 8:15pmHad a little time to kill today and some ok sunlight--thought I should post something better than my phone picture in office lighting.
Not sure what I would change in the measurements. I suppose the shirt beneath it could be longer (especially since it rides up a bit in these pics) but at 6'2 it starts to be hard to find shirts that fit ok and are long enough.post #22976 of 548159/23/12 at 8:17pmpost #22977 of 548159/23/12 at 8:27pmQuote:
Is Korea that racist or is it only to dark-skinned people? My friend whose Chinese went to Seoul for work and said he's never had any problems with anything. He's also traveled to Osaka and Tokyo for work and said they were weren't as welcoming as in Korea. Maybe it's because he's Chinese and the two countries have history together?post #22978 of 548159/23/12 at 10:13pmSorry guys, sizing question on the TOJ1 and BBall. I have received advice from Charly but I'm a bit concerned having seen someone else's post in this thread who was of similar dimensions to me and given the same sizing advice which ended up with an oversized jacket.
I've been recommended size 50 by Charly in TOJ1 and BBall and am 5'11", 76KG (168lb) with a 37.5" chest. Based on the rule of sizing up 1 on these jackets I expect Charlys advice is good (I have an A2 in stock 48 which is good) but Woody's post has made me a little nervous, particularly as I'm ordering 2 jackets at the same time. I do note that Woody is 2 inches shorter and 6kg lighter than me so perhaps this puts him into a slightly slimmer category to me...he does have the same 37.5" chest though.
Can anyone of comparable dimensions advise?
Edit: having looked again at some pics in the gallery the TOJ1 in size 50 will definitely be fine. Should I definitely size the BBall the same, as per Charly's advice?post #22979 of 548159/23/12 at 10:53pmpost #22980 of 548159/23/12 at 11:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Timbaland
Is Korea that racist or is it only to dark-skinned people? My friend whose Chinese went to Seoul for work and said he's never had any problems with anything. He's also traveled to Osaka and Tokyo for work and said they were weren't as welcoming as in Korea. Maybe it's because he's Chinese and the two countries have history together?
Korea is alright, more bark than bite when it comes to that. Koreans kind of have a trollish sense of humor, see ceoceo's high quality posting for an example. . Other Asians usually get along alright over there, especially if they humor others. Being black in Korea probably has as many ups as it does downs.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1220 Active Users (173 Members and 1047 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › is there a name for this particular style of twill shirt fabric? 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 19 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 32 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares - Talbott, Cerruti, Hill-Side, Gieves & Hawkes, BR,... 38 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 42 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 48 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway