I wear my shirts untucked, so I thought too short might look odd...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 9:50 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1524post #22846 of 547829/17/12 at 9:05ampost #22847 of 547829/17/12 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #22848 of 547829/17/12 at 11:40amQuote:
Oh, that's me. Kinda weird seeing a stalker picture of me from the back...
I got the jacket (moto in bottle green with silver zips) just a few weeks ago, been trying to wear it whenever it can because it is super-stiff. It kind-of looks bad zipped up because the stiffness makes it awkward, but looks great unzipped, so trying to break it in a bit. I think the size is fine, though, since I got an ADR in lamb in the same size, and it fits well (on the slim side, but I like that). But the moto is amazing; got nearly daily compliments when wearing it.
If anyone spots me, please say 'Hi' -- I've got a blacked-out ADR, this moto in bottle green, first-gen peacoat in black/white herringbone, grey trousers, and one of the original ToJ oxford shirts. I should really get pics of the leathers & trousers, but been super busy.post #22849 of 547829/17/12 at 11:52amThread Starterpost #22850 of 547829/17/12 at 12:42pmpost #22851 of 547829/17/12 at 1:14pmpost #22852 of 547829/17/12 at 3:12pmIs the Chesterfield re-design still being looked at for the real reboot? Or has the focus now switched to new peacoat/trenchcoat/labcoat designs? I remember seeing a post talking about the process (keeping the pattern mostly the same, upgrading details, etc) and then a later post where the actual sample did not meet your expectations.Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I'm not sure. We made a sample, but as with everything, it has to reach a level of perfection where I'm willing to let it go from my grip and out into the world unguarded, for enjoyment and for scrutiny; that level was not breached yet. I am coming to a point where I feel the clothes are reaching high levels, I mean really unimaginable if I take into account my beginnings in early 2009; but as always, I don't want to release things that aren't up to my standard of quality and complication, or value content. It'd be a quick spiral down if I ever did something like that.
Edited by omgcookielol - 9/18/12 at 12:22ampost #22853 of 547829/17/12 at 3:36pmpost #22854 of 547829/17/12 at 6:42pmpost #22855 of 547829/17/12 at 9:36pmpost #22856 of 547829/17/12 at 10:11pmpost #22857 of 547829/17/12 at 11:06pmpost #22858 of 547829/18/12 at 4:29am
So my brown goat 4-zip mdr (with silver zippers, no less) arrived yesterday. Feels laid back and think it works pretty well over basic non-baller stuff. I like.
Have to echo Johan, I was impressed with how soft and comfy the goat is. Tried to take a photo in sunlight to capture that texture.
edit: - brad its brown goat not black - its really that dark! brown tones are more noticeable up close in person. I hope someone has ordered a black goat dr though!
Edited by Lorcan7 - 9/18/12 at 6:14ampost #22859 of 547829/18/12 at 4:45amThread Starterpost #22860 of 547829/18/12 at 4:46amThread Starter
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › New Brioni SC - to keep or not to keep? (pics) 7 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 7 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 24 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 28 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 36 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 37 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 42 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 47 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 47 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...