Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 11:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1447
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21692 of 545207/31/12 at 5:00pmpost #21693 of 545207/31/12 at 5:57pmpost #21694 of 545207/31/12 at 6:06pmpost #21695 of 545207/31/12 at 6:06pmpost #21696 of 545207/31/12 at 6:06pmpost #21697 of 545207/31/12 at 6:08pmpost #21698 of 545207/31/12 at 6:47pmpost #21699 of 545207/31/12 at 7:14pmQuote:
That's why I said textiles...
Even if they are for motorcycles, unless they are sport-bike power ranger attire, leather pants look like a goofy wannabe rock star.
Not really something that is core TOJ but might package well with offering nicely cut, reasonably safe motorcycle jackets for stylish bikers.post #21700 of 545207/31/12 at 7:40pmThread StarterThe problem is that when you need to include a high-performance safety dimension to clothes (which fashion offers almost nothing of, unless it's coincidence) - you start making compromises and aberrations to what 'normal' clothes look like, and also the expectations are ridiculously high IMO. Safety pants are gonna turn out ugly, no matter what you do to them. Just not much you can do about it.post #21701 of 545207/31/12 at 8:03pmQuote:
That looks amazing. But TB pricing has been through the roof lately. Last year's varsity was around $1200. I really don't know what justifies the price increase.post #21702 of 545208/1/12 at 8:14ampost #21703 of 545208/1/12 at 8:24amQuote:
I felt one of TB's varsities from a prior season before and the leather was abysmal. It was pebbly and rough--definitely not soft.post #21704 of 545208/1/12 at 8:28amThread StarterYeah I handled the first (?) TB varsity from a couple or few years back (the one that looked most like a TOJ 1.5 winter varsity, might've been the year after the TOJ) - leather was shockingly bad for the pricetag it had on it. I laffed and went on my way.
I sent out some tracking numbers finally, really sorry for the delay. I sent a bunch of backed up pm's as well, most were random pm's I had to reply to, I need to learn to just not reply to them so I can prioritize. Some dude was nagging me about a Rick Owens down coat I had on classifieds over 4 years ago. =S I get more pm's than I'd like.
I have a bunch to talk about now, but I am gonna take a breather for a second. Another essay coming up.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 7 seconds ago
- › A restorative tale of two cigar shells involving strippers and oral... 32 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ** Official Alden Customization Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...