Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 3:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1437post #21541 of 545167/23/12 at 9:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21542 of 545167/23/12 at 9:50amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While i'll agree the vast majority of shearlings are ugly as sin, i'll argue that it could be rescued, as with other leather,s by giving it the proper shape, I have no doubt TOJ could make something completely lustworthy.( Some may remember the woodyear argument a few months back) Sadly its a cost prohibitive material, especially when considering Drew's eye for quality and mission to deliver this quality at reasonable cost. *tear* i wont mention this again.
Edited by mike1445 - 7/23/12 at 10:17ampost #21543 of 545167/23/12 at 10:13ampost #21544 of 545167/23/12 at 11:16amQuote:
I really didn't appreciate this statement until I recently saw a a buzz rickson peacoat and then, subsequently, did some research. If this is the case. TOJ = BB, TOJ 2.0 reboot = TDKpost #21545 of 545167/23/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
No there are heaps of nice motos and bombers out there, this is a garbage statement
Its rare because they dont sell, not because its some fashion holy grailpost #21546 of 545167/23/12 at 1:51pmOh fuck off, for every Buzz Ricksons there are a thousand of these.
Even plenty of the historical repros look kind of shitty (I wouldn't want a Lost Worlds A2, and I don't care how many old dudes think they're awesome). Yes, there are good motos and bombers out there that aren't toj, and they're easier to find than a good, well cut shearling. But that's, you know, kind of the point?post #21547 of 545167/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #21548 of 545167/23/12 at 2:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Arethusa
Oh fuck off, for every Buzz Ricksons there are a thousand of these.
Even plenty of the historical repros look kind of shitty (I wouldn't want a Lost Worlds A2, and I don't care how many old dudes think they're awesome). Yes, there are good motos and bombers out there that aren't toj, and they're easier to find than a good, well cut shearling. But that's, you know, kind of the point?
Man, go look on Porter and see how many MA-1's / A1's / A2's they have every season
And how many shearlings that actually get bought above 70% off sale?
Ive never seen a fit posted online with one unless you count people buying garbage from a vintage store, they dont sell because A: they are hard to style and B: they cost cray cray to make a good onepost #21549 of 545167/23/12 at 3:08pmOuterwear game very on point in Dark Knight Rises - Bane was on that Metal Gear bad guy shit.
All the promo pics and stuff have him in that shearling coat but he wore a badass looking field jacket thing too. Goddamn.
I see you too Joseph Gordon-Levitt, in that wool single breasted driving coat thing in that one scene at the endpost #21550 of 545167/23/12 at 4:51pmpost #21551 of 545167/23/12 at 5:04pmpost #21552 of 545167/23/12 at 5:47pmpost #21553 of 545167/23/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by glundr
Fishtail parka and Trousers arrived at my house in BC, unfortunately I am in Newfoundland working so I had my girlfriend take some fits, better than nothing right!
more (Click to show)
Does your girlfriend have a beer can for a crotch? Because while it might be a little sharp...that is awesome.post #21554 of 545167/23/12 at 6:04pmpost #21555 of 545167/23/12 at 11:24pm
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Cars We Drive! 47 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...