Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 3/25/17 at 1:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 3/19/17 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1437post #21541 of 548227/23/12 at 9:20ampost #21542 of 548227/23/12 at 9:50amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While i'll agree the vast majority of shearlings are ugly as sin, i'll argue that it could be rescued, as with other leather,s by giving it the proper shape, I have no doubt TOJ could make something completely lustworthy.( Some may remember the woodyear argument a few months back) Sadly its a cost prohibitive material, especially when considering Drew's eye for quality and mission to deliver this quality at reasonable cost. *tear* i wont mention this again.
Edited by mike1445 - 7/23/12 at 10:17ampost #21543 of 548227/23/12 at 10:13ampost #21544 of 548227/23/12 at 11:16amQuote:
I really didn't appreciate this statement until I recently saw a a buzz rickson peacoat and then, subsequently, did some research. If this is the case. TOJ = BB, TOJ 2.0 reboot = TDKpost #21545 of 548227/23/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
No there are heaps of nice motos and bombers out there, this is a garbage statement
Its rare because they dont sell, not because its some fashion holy grailpost #21546 of 548227/23/12 at 1:51pmOh fuck off, for every Buzz Ricksons there are a thousand of these.
Even plenty of the historical repros look kind of shitty (I wouldn't want a Lost Worlds A2, and I don't care how many old dudes think they're awesome). Yes, there are good motos and bombers out there that aren't toj, and they're easier to find than a good, well cut shearling. But that's, you know, kind of the point?post #21547 of 548227/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #21548 of 548227/23/12 at 2:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Arethusa
Oh fuck off, for every Buzz Ricksons there are a thousand of these.
Even plenty of the historical repros look kind of shitty (I wouldn't want a Lost Worlds A2, and I don't care how many old dudes think they're awesome). Yes, there are good motos and bombers out there that aren't toj, and they're easier to find than a good, well cut shearling. But that's, you know, kind of the point?
Man, go look on Porter and see how many MA-1's / A1's / A2's they have every season
And how many shearlings that actually get bought above 70% off sale?
Ive never seen a fit posted online with one unless you count people buying garbage from a vintage store, they dont sell because A: they are hard to style and B: they cost cray cray to make a good onepost #21549 of 548227/23/12 at 3:08pmOuterwear game very on point in Dark Knight Rises - Bane was on that Metal Gear bad guy shit.
All the promo pics and stuff have him in that shearling coat but he wore a badass looking field jacket thing too. Goddamn.
I see you too Joseph Gordon-Levitt, in that wool single breasted driving coat thing in that one scene at the endpost #21550 of 548227/23/12 at 4:51pmpost #21551 of 548227/23/12 at 5:04pmpost #21552 of 548227/23/12 at 5:47pmpost #21553 of 548227/23/12 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by glundr
Fishtail parka and Trousers arrived at my house in BC, unfortunately I am in Newfoundland working so I had my girlfriend take some fits, better than nothing right!
more (Click to show)
Does your girlfriend have a beer can for a crotch? Because while it might be a little sharp...that is awesome.post #21554 of 548227/23/12 at 6:04pmpost #21555 of 548227/23/12 at 11:24pm
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 17 minutes ago
- › Italian Business Casual / Casual Wear 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...