Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 4:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1350post #20237 of 548155/24/12 at 7:44pmoh man, black 2010 DR or brown CWU45
I already have a black 2010 A2 but the CWU is so sweet that I can see my self wearing it in older age if I slightly lengthen the body and loosen the measurements up a bit in comparison to my A2 which is a bit more aggressive fitting and dior homo-ish. Not sure if they are too similar to justify a purchase - arm pocket, suede name patch and placket and I suppose I could go with a diff colour ie brown (burgandy red like one of the bombers posted a while back wouldve been pretty sweet though).
My 2010 bomber Measurements were
S2S front: 14.8"
S2S, back: 15.4"
front length: 20.0"
back length : 22.0"
sleeve length: 23.9"
Was thinking going more like this for my CWU45
S2S: 16.0 or 16.3
Front length: 21.0
Back length: 23.0
Sleeve: 23.9post #20238 of 548155/24/12 at 7:52pmpost #20239 of 548155/24/12 at 9:12pmThanks again for the responses. Ghdv, I appreciate the comments. After remeasuring...I guess I just got kinda narrow shoulders and a wide chest. Definitely gained a few pounds in the past 12 months too. I'm confident in all of my body measurements except for my arm length which I botched somehow, but I think 25" will be good. Still can't believe I'm measuring 38" in my chest but iiwii. Asked for it to be relaxed, and err on the side of caution with fit. So gonna go with Charly's initial recommendation which I think looks pretty reasonable.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)shoulders 16.8"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.7"
body length, front 22.5"
body length, back 24.7"
sleeve length, from shoulder 25.0"
sleeve width @ pit 7.0"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.8"
If anyone happens to have actual measurements of the MA-1 Anniversary stock 46 (s2s,p2p,front length, arm length), I'd be grateful. Had it, and now only have a pic of me wearing it. Should have taken real measurements for my FS thread instead of being lazy and just linking the stock chart..post #20240 of 548155/24/12 at 9:24pmpost #20241 of 548155/24/12 at 9:30pmThread Starterpost #20242 of 548155/25/12 at 4:40ampost #20243 of 548155/25/12 at 6:42ampost #20244 of 548155/25/12 at 6:51am
Seems like you're on two ends of the aggressiveness spectrum with the CM compared to the MDR and especially the 2010 DR. The 2 or 4 zip moto would split the difference and probably look great. From your choices I would go 4 zip MDR though, should look cool. Don't do the collared moto, it really never looks good.post #20245 of 548155/25/12 at 7:23ampost #20246 of 548155/25/12 at 8:31amtotally fucked up with my waist measurements ( I measured my widest hip point). Too late to change now.
So I have the same measurement for my A2's midsection and waist (20.00'' for both - my waist actually measures 34.5'' and waist 37'' - I told Charly 38.75'' for waist !), which seems weird when I see all A2's waist measurement always being 1.5'' or so slimmer than midsection. Anyone has the same measurements for midsection and waist ? I am looking for a relaxed fit anyway, so I hope it will be good.post #20247 of 548155/25/12 at 8:34ampost #20248 of 548155/25/12 at 9:26amQuote:
Nonsense. It's just fine in FQHH, absolutely no problem as far as design goes. Still, I don't recommend it unless you want what is essentially an armor jacket. I've got a FQHH DR and it's very thick and somewhat rigid even after a year. But it does look great and have gotten plenty of positive comments on it even from random strangers.post #20249 of 548155/25/12 at 9:26amQuote:
I don't think a DR in FQHH would be a disaster. Take a look at eternaldrakes. It's by far my favorite TOJ.
No FQHH for the A-2...
Charly reccommended the olive green calf for a DR with silver hardware. Sounds awesome, but I'm not sure I have the balls for it.Quote:Originally Posted by kasakka
Nonsense. It's just fine in FQHH, absolutely no problem as far as design goes. Still, I don't recommend it unless you want what is essentially an armor jacket. I've got a FQHH DR and it's very thick and somewhat rigid even after a year. But it does look great and have gotten plenty of positive comments on it even from random strangers.
Mid brown or russet FQHH?
Do you have any pictures of the jacket broken in?post #20250 of 548155/25/12 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Emixam
totally fucked up with my waist measurements ( I measured my widest hip point). Too late to change now.
So I have the same measurement for my A2's midsection and waist (20.00'' for both - my waist actually measures 34.5'' and waist 37'' - I told Charly 38.75'' for waist !), which seems weird when I see all A2's waist measurement always being 1.5'' or so slimmer than midsection. Anyone has the same measurements for midsection and waist ? I am looking for a relaxed fit anyway, so I hope it will be good.
I think the old size chart had a midsection 1.5 inches bigger than the waist, and the new size chart has a midsection .5 inches smaller than the waist. This suggests that they've changed where they are measuring. Maybe it used to be at the bottom of the jacket, and now it's right above the ribbing.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Arran 9.5E UK (10D) GG06 w/G&G trees 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 4th OF MARCH 2017 - THE DRAMATIC LOOK 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway