Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1350post #20237 of 546985/24/12 at 7:44pmoh man, black 2010 DR or brown CWU45
I already have a black 2010 A2 but the CWU is so sweet that I can see my self wearing it in older age if I slightly lengthen the body and loosen the measurements up a bit in comparison to my A2 which is a bit more aggressive fitting and dior homo-ish. Not sure if they are too similar to justify a purchase - arm pocket, suede name patch and placket and I suppose I could go with a diff colour ie brown (burgandy red like one of the bombers posted a while back wouldve been pretty sweet though).
My 2010 bomber Measurements were
S2S front: 14.8"
S2S, back: 15.4"
front length: 20.0"
back length : 22.0"
sleeve length: 23.9"
Was thinking going more like this for my CWU45
S2S: 16.0 or 16.3
Front length: 21.0
Back length: 23.0
Sleeve: 23.9post #20238 of 546985/24/12 at 7:52pmpost #20239 of 546985/24/12 at 9:12pmThanks again for the responses. Ghdv, I appreciate the comments. After remeasuring...I guess I just got kinda narrow shoulders and a wide chest. Definitely gained a few pounds in the past 12 months too. I'm confident in all of my body measurements except for my arm length which I botched somehow, but I think 25" will be good. Still can't believe I'm measuring 38" in my chest but iiwii. Asked for it to be relaxed, and err on the side of caution with fit. So gonna go with Charly's initial recommendation which I think looks pretty reasonable.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)shoulders 16.8"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.7"
body length, front 22.5"
body length, back 24.7"
sleeve length, from shoulder 25.0"
sleeve width @ pit 7.0"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.8"
If anyone happens to have actual measurements of the MA-1 Anniversary stock 46 (s2s,p2p,front length, arm length), I'd be grateful. Had it, and now only have a pic of me wearing it. Should have taken real measurements for my FS thread instead of being lazy and just linking the stock chart..post #20240 of 546985/24/12 at 9:24pmpost #20241 of 546985/24/12 at 9:30pmThread Starterpost #20242 of 546985/25/12 at 4:40ampost #20243 of 546985/25/12 at 6:42ampost #20244 of 546985/25/12 at 6:51am
Seems like you're on two ends of the aggressiveness spectrum with the CM compared to the MDR and especially the 2010 DR. The 2 or 4 zip moto would split the difference and probably look great. From your choices I would go 4 zip MDR though, should look cool. Don't do the collared moto, it really never looks good.post #20245 of 546985/25/12 at 7:23ampost #20246 of 546985/25/12 at 8:31amtotally fucked up with my waist measurements ( I measured my widest hip point). Too late to change now.
So I have the same measurement for my A2's midsection and waist (20.00'' for both - my waist actually measures 34.5'' and waist 37'' - I told Charly 38.75'' for waist !), which seems weird when I see all A2's waist measurement always being 1.5'' or so slimmer than midsection. Anyone has the same measurements for midsection and waist ? I am looking for a relaxed fit anyway, so I hope it will be good.post #20247 of 546985/25/12 at 8:34ampost #20248 of 546985/25/12 at 9:26amQuote:
Nonsense. It's just fine in FQHH, absolutely no problem as far as design goes. Still, I don't recommend it unless you want what is essentially an armor jacket. I've got a FQHH DR and it's very thick and somewhat rigid even after a year. But it does look great and have gotten plenty of positive comments on it even from random strangers.post #20249 of 546985/25/12 at 9:26amQuote:
I don't think a DR in FQHH would be a disaster. Take a look at eternaldrakes. It's by far my favorite TOJ.
No FQHH for the A-2...
Charly reccommended the olive green calf for a DR with silver hardware. Sounds awesome, but I'm not sure I have the balls for it.Quote:Originally Posted by kasakka
Nonsense. It's just fine in FQHH, absolutely no problem as far as design goes. Still, I don't recommend it unless you want what is essentially an armor jacket. I've got a FQHH DR and it's very thick and somewhat rigid even after a year. But it does look great and have gotten plenty of positive comments on it even from random strangers.
Mid brown or russet FQHH?
Do you have any pictures of the jacket broken in?post #20250 of 546985/25/12 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Emixam
totally fucked up with my waist measurements ( I measured my widest hip point). Too late to change now.
So I have the same measurement for my A2's midsection and waist (20.00'' for both - my waist actually measures 34.5'' and waist 37'' - I told Charly 38.75'' for waist !), which seems weird when I see all A2's waist measurement always being 1.5'' or so slimmer than midsection. Anyone has the same measurements for midsection and waist ? I am looking for a relaxed fit anyway, so I hope it will be good.
I think the old size chart had a midsection 1.5 inches bigger than the waist, and the new size chart has a midsection .5 inches smaller than the waist. This suggests that they've changed where they are measuring. Maybe it used to be at the bottom of the jacket, and now it's right above the ribbing.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Recent purchases - Part II 18 minutes ago
- › How to take care of driving shoes? 25 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 28 minutes ago
- › The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 32 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 53 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding