Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 1:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1350
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20237 of 540365/24/12 at 7:44pmoh man, black 2010 DR or brown CWU45
I already have a black 2010 A2 but the CWU is so sweet that I can see my self wearing it in older age if I slightly lengthen the body and loosen the measurements up a bit in comparison to my A2 which is a bit more aggressive fitting and dior homo-ish. Not sure if they are too similar to justify a purchase - arm pocket, suede name patch and placket and I suppose I could go with a diff colour ie brown (burgandy red like one of the bombers posted a while back wouldve been pretty sweet though).
My 2010 bomber Measurements were
S2S front: 14.8"
S2S, back: 15.4"
front length: 20.0"
back length : 22.0"
sleeve length: 23.9"
Was thinking going more like this for my CWU45
S2S: 16.0 or 16.3
Front length: 21.0
Back length: 23.0
Sleeve: 23.9post #20238 of 540365/24/12 at 7:52pmpost #20239 of 540365/24/12 at 9:12pmThanks again for the responses. Ghdv, I appreciate the comments. After remeasuring...I guess I just got kinda narrow shoulders and a wide chest. Definitely gained a few pounds in the past 12 months too. I'm confident in all of my body measurements except for my arm length which I botched somehow, but I think 25" will be good. Still can't believe I'm measuring 38" in my chest but iiwii. Asked for it to be relaxed, and err on the side of caution with fit. So gonna go with Charly's initial recommendation which I think looks pretty reasonable.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)shoulders 16.8"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.7"
body length, front 22.5"
body length, back 24.7"
sleeve length, from shoulder 25.0"
sleeve width @ pit 7.0"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.3"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.8"
If anyone happens to have actual measurements of the MA-1 Anniversary stock 46 (s2s,p2p,front length, arm length), I'd be grateful. Had it, and now only have a pic of me wearing it. Should have taken real measurements for my FS thread instead of being lazy and just linking the stock chart..post #20240 of 540365/24/12 at 9:24pmpost #20241 of 540365/24/12 at 9:30pmThread Starterpost #20242 of 540365/25/12 at 4:40ampost #20243 of 540365/25/12 at 6:42ampost #20244 of 540365/25/12 at 6:51am
Seems like you're on two ends of the aggressiveness spectrum with the CM compared to the MDR and especially the 2010 DR. The 2 or 4 zip moto would split the difference and probably look great. From your choices I would go 4 zip MDR though, should look cool. Don't do the collared moto, it really never looks good.post #20245 of 540365/25/12 at 7:23ampost #20246 of 540365/25/12 at 8:31amtotally fucked up with my waist measurements ( I measured my widest hip point). Too late to change now.
So I have the same measurement for my A2's midsection and waist (20.00'' for both - my waist actually measures 34.5'' and waist 37'' - I told Charly 38.75'' for waist !), which seems weird when I see all A2's waist measurement always being 1.5'' or so slimmer than midsection. Anyone has the same measurements for midsection and waist ? I am looking for a relaxed fit anyway, so I hope it will be good.post #20247 of 540365/25/12 at 8:34ampost #20248 of 540365/25/12 at 9:26amQuote:
Nonsense. It's just fine in FQHH, absolutely no problem as far as design goes. Still, I don't recommend it unless you want what is essentially an armor jacket. I've got a FQHH DR and it's very thick and somewhat rigid even after a year. But it does look great and have gotten plenty of positive comments on it even from random strangers.post #20249 of 540365/25/12 at 9:26amQuote:
I don't think a DR in FQHH would be a disaster. Take a look at eternaldrakes. It's by far my favorite TOJ.
No FQHH for the A-2...
Charly reccommended the olive green calf for a DR with silver hardware. Sounds awesome, but I'm not sure I have the balls for it.Quote:Originally Posted by kasakka
Nonsense. It's just fine in FQHH, absolutely no problem as far as design goes. Still, I don't recommend it unless you want what is essentially an armor jacket. I've got a FQHH DR and it's very thick and somewhat rigid even after a year. But it does look great and have gotten plenty of positive comments on it even from random strangers.
Mid brown or russet FQHH?
Do you have any pictures of the jacket broken in?post #20250 of 540365/25/12 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Emixam
totally fucked up with my waist measurements ( I measured my widest hip point). Too late to change now.
So I have the same measurement for my A2's midsection and waist (20.00'' for both - my waist actually measures 34.5'' and waist 37'' - I told Charly 38.75'' for waist !), which seems weird when I see all A2's waist measurement always being 1.5'' or so slimmer than midsection. Anyone has the same measurements for midsection and waist ? I am looking for a relaxed fit anyway, so I hope it will be good.
I think the old size chart had a midsection 1.5 inches bigger than the waist, and the new size chart has a midsection .5 inches smaller than the waist. This suggests that they've changed where they are measuring. Maybe it used to be at the bottom of the jacket, and now it's right above the ribbing.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 seconds ago
- › ***FS: Canali Kei Sport Coat 40R *** 57 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...