Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 12:25 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 11:53 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1294post #19396 of 548055/4/12 at 3:33pmpost #19397 of 548055/4/12 at 4:45pmpost #19398 of 548055/4/12 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #19399 of 548055/4/12 at 7:12pmpost #19400 of 548055/4/12 at 7:33pmpost #19401 of 548055/4/12 at 7:40pmpost #19402 of 548055/4/12 at 9:20pmpost #19403 of 548055/4/12 at 9:37pmpost #19404 of 548055/4/12 at 9:49pmThread Starterpost #19405 of 548055/5/12 at 12:29amSo... Was that a definite no to bringing the quilted BCDR back before the cut-off date? Or.. a possible maybe? I'm just curious because I'm putting in an order on the 15th, so it would be pretty awesome to get a quilted bcdr in black lamb, and then have my last order before the hiatus be the black ribbed cwu-45 on the 1st.
I don't want to get my hopes up if it definitely isn't going to happen before the cut-off. the quilt bcdr is my all-time favorite ToJ, and I've been refreshing the page like crazy these past couple of days to see if it'll be making a comeback.
Edited by omgcookielol - 5/5/12 at 12:42ampost #19406 of 548055/5/12 at 12:39amDrew, thanks for your comments. Really, the only bummer I have about the whole thing was my email exchange about sizing. Without dragging things down with the minutiae of the conversation, I will just say that I had some consternation about the discrepancies between my body measurements and the measurements of the jacket I provided.
It felt very much like Charly did not have the time to actually deal with tweaking questions, he had to just keep things moving. It felt like he was dealing with a ton of orders and trying to do his best to stay above water but didn't actually have the time to engage in a careful exchange re: advice or suggestions. It was during the period of the "bottleneck."
I agonized about the specificity of MTM and was assured, several times, on this board, "Dude just provide Charly with the measurements and he will do the rest." I followed the measuring guide to a "T", providing body measurements, jacket measurements, and providing a pic of me wearing the jacket I measured.
I agree with Drew that most people would not take issue with the way my jacket fits. But most people dress like shit. And this is a forum for the very few that scrutinize every detail of how things fit. And that same scrutiny should be exercised by the people who make clothes that cater to this crowd. In this case, because of the volume of orders during the "bottleneck" (I suspect), I fell through the cracks a little bit.
Most of the TOJ jackets that have been produced have been fucking incredible. Some of them have been a little off. A few have been disasterous. I think I am somewhere in the "little off" category, which is still a good place to be, although it has dimmed the luster of TOJ for me.
That said, I still love Charly and Drew for doing what they do and and I still want something in red calf (BCDR??, QDR, Drew give me something wild, I will lay money down, just help me tweak the measurements, please)
Edit: boozy spelling.
Edited by Two Shoes - 5/5/12 at 7:22ampost #19407 of 548055/5/12 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by braingel
Red calf moto with the silver hardware.
Really thinking about one more order before the MTM goes away. Probably a brown goat 4zip MDR.
Goddamn...Charly/Drew, is there any Red Calf left (serious)? Considering 3-Zip MDR or 2010 DR in Red Calf now...post #19408 of 548055/5/12 at 12:57ampost #19409 of 548055/5/12 at 1:23amQuote:I really want a quilted rider as well, but I think that the BCDR was where it was done the best. The quilting on the shoulders and sleeves of the QDR and QMoto look amazing, but I think that the BCDR is a more aggressive jacket, and with the quilting on the upper back, it has a more balanced look to it than the QMoto/QDR.
Plus, the quilting patterns on the BCDR really pop out and look fucking amazing.post #19410 of 548055/5/12 at 1:35am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Fashion Week Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Walnut 5th Avenue in 97 last 30 minutes ago
- › Price Drop! NWOT Sartoria Partenopea Navy Solid Double Breasted... 36 minutes ago
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...