Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/26/16 at 10:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 11:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1294post #19396 of 546765/4/12 at 3:33pmpost #19397 of 546765/4/12 at 4:45pmpost #19398 of 546765/4/12 at 6:58pmThread Starterpost #19399 of 546765/4/12 at 7:12pmpost #19400 of 546765/4/12 at 7:33pmpost #19401 of 546765/4/12 at 7:40pmpost #19402 of 546765/4/12 at 9:20pmpost #19403 of 546765/4/12 at 9:37pmpost #19404 of 546765/4/12 at 9:49pmThread Starterpost #19405 of 546765/5/12 at 12:29amSo... Was that a definite no to bringing the quilted BCDR back before the cut-off date? Or.. a possible maybe? I'm just curious because I'm putting in an order on the 15th, so it would be pretty awesome to get a quilted bcdr in black lamb, and then have my last order before the hiatus be the black ribbed cwu-45 on the 1st.
I don't want to get my hopes up if it definitely isn't going to happen before the cut-off. the quilt bcdr is my all-time favorite ToJ, and I've been refreshing the page like crazy these past couple of days to see if it'll be making a comeback.
Edited by omgcookielol - 5/5/12 at 12:42ampost #19406 of 546765/5/12 at 12:39amDrew, thanks for your comments. Really, the only bummer I have about the whole thing was my email exchange about sizing. Without dragging things down with the minutiae of the conversation, I will just say that I had some consternation about the discrepancies between my body measurements and the measurements of the jacket I provided.
It felt very much like Charly did not have the time to actually deal with tweaking questions, he had to just keep things moving. It felt like he was dealing with a ton of orders and trying to do his best to stay above water but didn't actually have the time to engage in a careful exchange re: advice or suggestions. It was during the period of the "bottleneck."
I agonized about the specificity of MTM and was assured, several times, on this board, "Dude just provide Charly with the measurements and he will do the rest." I followed the measuring guide to a "T", providing body measurements, jacket measurements, and providing a pic of me wearing the jacket I measured.
I agree with Drew that most people would not take issue with the way my jacket fits. But most people dress like shit. And this is a forum for the very few that scrutinize every detail of how things fit. And that same scrutiny should be exercised by the people who make clothes that cater to this crowd. In this case, because of the volume of orders during the "bottleneck" (I suspect), I fell through the cracks a little bit.
Most of the TOJ jackets that have been produced have been fucking incredible. Some of them have been a little off. A few have been disasterous. I think I am somewhere in the "little off" category, which is still a good place to be, although it has dimmed the luster of TOJ for me.
That said, I still love Charly and Drew for doing what they do and and I still want something in red calf (BCDR??, QDR, Drew give me something wild, I will lay money down, just help me tweak the measurements, please)
Edit: boozy spelling.
Edited by Two Shoes - 5/5/12 at 7:22ampost #19407 of 546765/5/12 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by braingel
Red calf moto with the silver hardware.
Really thinking about one more order before the MTM goes away. Probably a brown goat 4zip MDR.
Goddamn...Charly/Drew, is there any Red Calf left (serious)? Considering 3-Zip MDR or 2010 DR in Red Calf now...post #19408 of 546765/5/12 at 12:57ampost #19409 of 546765/5/12 at 1:23amQuote:I really want a quilted rider as well, but I think that the BCDR was where it was done the best. The quilting on the shoulders and sleeves of the QDR and QMoto look amazing, but I think that the BCDR is a more aggressive jacket, and with the quilting on the upper back, it has a more balanced look to it than the QMoto/QDR.
Plus, the quilting patterns on the BCDR really pop out and look fucking amazing.post #19410 of 546765/5/12 at 1:35am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 48 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › T M Lewin service 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit from Savile Row London - A structured process to... 8 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding