As if. Would much rather play another round of "brown or black"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 3:13 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1257
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18842 of 545164/23/12 at 9:30pmThread Starterthere's hardly any need for a 'short' size if there is a regular and long size - it's available in tailored clothing because sleeve lengths and jacket lengths matter, but on casual clothes, what's the difference if you end up with a half break in your leather jacket sleeve? It will only look cooler.
Added to this, most males are within a similar range of measurements whether they're 5'4 or 6'4, because the bare minimum most guys weigh is about 115/120 on the shortest end - so the changes are proportional, most people fit into 'regular' sizes. Maybe not with absolute precision, but close enough that one size will clearly fit you better than another size. And that's life outside of the TOJ universe...post #18843 of 545164/23/12 at 9:34pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by johanm
I'm curious about where you take this, since you clearly understand the fashion / retail business and have a great eye for trends etc., but on the other hand I would think that it's a huge challenge to build a RTW streetwear line in the middle market that MTM TOJ currently occupies (ie not high volume fast fashion or high price runway stuff ). In fact I have a hard time coming up with any successful middle market brands that don't benefit from massive economies of scale. Is APC your model? Or do you see yourself as the next Visvim? I guess I don't see why not...
I don't want to tie my name to those names because they are old established brands with millions of dollars getting paid out to support their sprawl, in extra hands, in real estate footage, etc - they do use economies of scale, but in the end, think of how many hands are in the pot to sell a $175 pair of APC jeans. I don't want to get to the point where I have a big bloated operation just working to pay for paychecks, from the business standpoint it just needs to be a well-performing machine that delivers my goods reliably. I think in the cases of those big names, yes, all glory to Hiroki and to Jean, but maybe a case of diminishing returns, not necessarily needing to sow more seeds to reap more grain, or likewise, expecting that growth is linear and productive with every square inch of footprint.post #18844 of 545164/23/12 at 9:34pmpost #18845 of 545164/23/12 at 9:54pmThread StarterNot really, as you may be aware of, we sell clothes to Asian dudes quite frequently - wouldn't know who is what if we didn't get their names. It doesn't matter if you're black, white, Asian, hispanic, whateva - as long as you're not fat, you fit into most clothes. It may not be shrink-wrapped BoO and shit, but who wants to look like that anyway? I want to create style that is not regrettable.post #18846 of 545164/23/12 at 10:14pm
I agree that people should not be able to make their own jackets in terms of aesthetics, still it would be nice to have a couple of adjustable options i.e. sleeve length and jacket length. What ever the case is I trust you aesthetic taste and I know you will continue to churn out quality garments that I will be willing to buy. I honestly thought it was ridiculous that someone is sending a jacket to scrap because of two buttons, if its in my size at a reduced price I wouldn't blink before kopping it for myself.
I want drews opinion on this as this will be my last pre revamp toj purchase should I stick with the Bball I have on order or go with a brown goat A-2? I think A-2 will always be a classic so I hope you keep making them. A-1 is a perfect spring - fall jacket and so is the Bball but the A-2 in goat or horse could be a better winter bomber? (cz its pretty cold in colorado)
Quote:post #18847 of 545164/23/12 at 10:17pmpost #18848 of 545164/23/12 at 10:24pmpost #18849 of 545164/23/12 at 10:43pmThat's actually the reason why I was asking, because I trust his judgement on the quality of leather and I was actually leaning more towards the olive green just wasn't really sure on which. I was actually thinking of 2010 navy dr in lamb but I'm thinking of changing it to a different jacket. I think green might look a little off but I could be wrong.post #18850 of 545164/23/12 at 10:43pm
I dunno, I'm sad that I didn't get in on TOJ early enough to get more than one MTM, but I have about zero worry of any OTR stuff looking any less awesome.
This is highly reminiscent, to me, of the usual "Should I add a quarter inch here?" "No, just email Charly and you'll get a perfect jacket." There's no reason not to trust these dudes to make shit well. They certainly have the track record to prove they know how to cut things well.post #18851 of 545164/23/12 at 10:55pmpost #18852 of 545164/23/12 at 11:25pm
this pic really didnt get enough love when it was first postedQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I will still continue to make clothes, but as was mentioned MTM will go by the wayside, it was being manipulated for the wrong reasons. The response to that is going to be me making OTR clothes in my own cut, my own choice of materials, full size runs, and no lead time involved with making order-made clothing. As was mentioned, there may need to be a hiatus as the changeover to a new identity, new clothing designs, and new methods to everything take hold.
i hope the usual leathers will still be availablepost #18853 of 545164/23/12 at 11:50pmpost #18854 of 545164/24/12 at 12:29amQuote:
Ahahah lol this gif is the best
Visvim is the worst, Ive only met awkward asian kids who are into it IRL / onlinepost #18855 of 545164/24/12 at 12:30amQuote:
I had to look up what this is. It's a shame you won't be making more. That thing is
Also, browsing his tumblr makes me jealous of his life (and by association his insane ToJ collection of course)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Give 100 amateur people an open atelier for making clothes and people on stations to do the real work and make them, and say 'have at it' - 98, 99 if not 100 pieces produced would be fucking crap, probably... but you know what? People would love their own creations too. It's like clay day at pre-school, and everybody would get to take home their piece when the bell rings, etc. The rub there is that I don't want to be the local 'Clay Day provision services, pre-schools everywhere, book now!
Good stuff, man
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 13 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › My first bespoke experience begins - Cleverley 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...