Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:25 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 11:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1238post #18556 of 548054/14/12 at 8:45pmpost #18557 of 548054/14/12 at 10:08pmpost #18558 of 548054/14/12 at 10:18pmpost #18559 of 548054/14/12 at 10:49pmLots of the pics on the TOJ gallery show the bottom zip unzipped. I think this is because the TOJ size chart provides for a narrow bottom hem measurement that can be a very tight fit for guys with big asses/hips. I actually didn't think about this until I tried on a RTW jacket with a similarly constrictive waist - and subsequently modified my order with Charly.
The moral of the story is that if TOJ moves to single zips, people should be extra careful about how they spec the waist measurement.post #18560 of 548054/14/12 at 10:55pmYep I remember Drew mentioning that it looks unclean. Furthermore, I would like Lionheartbiker or other bikers to confirm this, but according to my die hard HOG uncle, the sole reason for double zip in riders is so that a rider can pee-pee easily. After I heard that I stopped zipping up the lower zippost #18561 of 548054/14/12 at 11:09pmpost #18562 of 548054/15/12 at 7:43ampost #18563 of 548054/15/12 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by johanm
Lots of the pics on the TOJ gallery show the bottom zip unzipped. I think this is because the TOJ size chart provides for a narrow bottom hem measurement that can be a very tight fit for guys with big asses/hips. I actually didn't think about this until I tried on a RTW jacket with a similarly constrictive waist - and subsequently modified my order with Charly.
The moral of the story is that if TOJ moves to single zips, people should be extra careful about how they spec the waist measurement.
This makes a lot of sense. It fits great, but it definitely is a bit tight in the waist.post #18564 of 548054/15/12 at 11:59amI know I shouldn't be thinking about jackets right now as I'm currently dodging this desert heat by sitting in a tent listening to shitty dance music while on my phone but ill be back in the real world tomorrow, so:
if you had to have a blacked out jacket with wool, TOJ1, peacoat or wait for possibility of TOJ0 return?
I already have an A2, fishtail and incoming original TOJ1 w/white sleeves for lazy days with chucks. I'm leaning towards peacoat because that leather collar looks fucking sick. I think I might be able to pull off white jeans and dark boots with it too along with trousers and the regular shit.post #18565 of 548054/15/12 at 1:47pmpost #18566 of 548054/15/12 at 4:50pm
A heads-up, I'll be putting my just-received 2010 DR on B&S. Black lamb with gunmetal hardware. Sadly, the fit is a bit off - it is not as fitted in the body as I'd like and I added length when I should not have.
body length, front
body length, back
sleeve length, from shoulder
sleeve width @ pit
sleeve width @ elbow
sleeve width @ cuff
I am 5'10, 150lb, 40" chest, 30" waist.
This will fit someone who is 5'10"-6'0" with similar measurements.
PM if interested!post #18567 of 548054/15/12 at 6:23pmpost #18568 of 548054/15/12 at 6:37pmIs Jared Leto wearing a blue DR in this video? 4:03 is a good 360 view and it looks like identical to some of the ToJ stuff to my untrained eye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLqHDhF-O28&list=FLwg6ux6VG3nZrP5ZMtK7MqA&index=24&feature=plpp_videopost #18569 of 548054/15/12 at 6:53pmpost #18570 of 548054/15/12 at 6:54pm
hem looks more curved than toj. That is one giant leto ego trip. Awful.
Quote:Originally Posted by ctbomber
Is Jared Leto wearing a blue DR in this video? 4:03 is a good 360 view and it looks like identical to some of the ToJ stuff to my untrained eye.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 48 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › 8 UK Antonio Meccariello Test Shoe: Chestnut Brown 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...