Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 10:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1238post #18556 of 545204/14/12 at 8:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18557 of 545204/14/12 at 10:08pmpost #18558 of 545204/14/12 at 10:18pmpost #18559 of 545204/14/12 at 10:49pmLots of the pics on the TOJ gallery show the bottom zip unzipped. I think this is because the TOJ size chart provides for a narrow bottom hem measurement that can be a very tight fit for guys with big asses/hips. I actually didn't think about this until I tried on a RTW jacket with a similarly constrictive waist - and subsequently modified my order with Charly.
The moral of the story is that if TOJ moves to single zips, people should be extra careful about how they spec the waist measurement.post #18560 of 545204/14/12 at 10:55pmYep I remember Drew mentioning that it looks unclean. Furthermore, I would like Lionheartbiker or other bikers to confirm this, but according to my die hard HOG uncle, the sole reason for double zip in riders is so that a rider can pee-pee easily. After I heard that I stopped zipping up the lower zippost #18561 of 545204/14/12 at 11:09pmpost #18562 of 545204/15/12 at 7:43ampost #18563 of 545204/15/12 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by johanm
Lots of the pics on the TOJ gallery show the bottom zip unzipped. I think this is because the TOJ size chart provides for a narrow bottom hem measurement that can be a very tight fit for guys with big asses/hips. I actually didn't think about this until I tried on a RTW jacket with a similarly constrictive waist - and subsequently modified my order with Charly.
The moral of the story is that if TOJ moves to single zips, people should be extra careful about how they spec the waist measurement.
This makes a lot of sense. It fits great, but it definitely is a bit tight in the waist.post #18564 of 545204/15/12 at 11:59amI know I shouldn't be thinking about jackets right now as I'm currently dodging this desert heat by sitting in a tent listening to shitty dance music while on my phone but ill be back in the real world tomorrow, so:
if you had to have a blacked out jacket with wool, TOJ1, peacoat or wait for possibility of TOJ0 return?
I already have an A2, fishtail and incoming original TOJ1 w/white sleeves for lazy days with chucks. I'm leaning towards peacoat because that leather collar looks fucking sick. I think I might be able to pull off white jeans and dark boots with it too along with trousers and the regular shit.post #18565 of 545204/15/12 at 1:47pmpost #18566 of 545204/15/12 at 4:50pm
A heads-up, I'll be putting my just-received 2010 DR on B&S. Black lamb with gunmetal hardware. Sadly, the fit is a bit off - it is not as fitted in the body as I'd like and I added length when I should not have.
body length, front
body length, back
sleeve length, from shoulder
sleeve width @ pit
sleeve width @ elbow
sleeve width @ cuff
I am 5'10, 150lb, 40" chest, 30" waist.
This will fit someone who is 5'10"-6'0" with similar measurements.
PM if interested!post #18567 of 545204/15/12 at 6:23pmpost #18568 of 545204/15/12 at 6:37pmIs Jared Leto wearing a blue DR in this video? 4:03 is a good 360 view and it looks like identical to some of the ToJ stuff to my untrained eye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLqHDhF-O28&list=FLwg6ux6VG3nZrP5ZMtK7MqA&index=24&feature=plpp_videopost #18569 of 545204/15/12 at 6:53pmpost #18570 of 545204/15/12 at 6:54pm
hem looks more curved than toj. That is one giant leto ego trip. Awful.
Quote:Originally Posted by ctbomber
Is Jared Leto wearing a blue DR in this video? 4:03 is a good 360 view and it looks like identical to some of the ToJ stuff to my untrained eye.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 22 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 25 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 26 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.