Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 6:36 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1191post #17851 of 543093/26/12 at 7:12pmThread Starterhm. I think you get the idea with the backpack, though the actual pattern and hues would be much finer and interesting looking. In the pshop, due to constraints it gives the inevitable 'western' feel, but I think the baby calf we have is unique and like I said, would look marble-effect and kinda washed out.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17852 of 543093/26/12 at 7:27pmThread Starterpost #17853 of 543093/26/12 at 8:23pmpost #17854 of 543093/26/12 at 8:35pmpost #17855 of 543093/26/12 at 8:55pmQuote:
I love how TOJ sounds. And no one says "Maison Martin Margiela". It´s margiela alone or MMM, thought the last one mostly in writing. It´d be weird to say mmm....post #17856 of 543093/26/12 at 9:00pmpost #17857 of 543093/26/12 at 9:03pmpost #17858 of 543093/26/12 at 9:13pmpost #17859 of 543093/26/12 at 9:33pmQuote:
Not sure how this can be fixed by the tailor unless there is material to let out.
RE: the name. I just say the letters.
Person: Nice jacket, who makes it?
Me: A friend of mine has a brand called Tee Oh Jay. It's a made to measure company specializing in leather.post #17860 of 543093/26/12 at 10:10pmTo be honest, I was turned off from the brand by the name before I knew what it was. Giving off some serious cult vibesQuote:
That works fine until they ask the price. Most people would not understand.post #17861 of 543093/26/12 at 10:27pmpost #17862 of 543093/26/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
Haha yeah but it's more understandable to people compared to like $300 denimpost #17863 of 543093/26/12 at 10:57pmQuote:
I find it funny that I browse this forum at work while my manager is on Purse Forum so I'm just a small timer compared to her.
I remember when I had to send a jacket back to Drew, and I got insurance at the post office. The lady almost had a heart attack when I told her I wanted to insure it for $710.
We're crazy for spending this much money for stuff, man. This goes for everything, not just ToJ. The security guard at my work is a sneakerhead and asked me about my sneakers once (Lanvins). He asked if they were Pumas and how much were they. He was like "you know I can get 4 pairs of J's for one of those??"post #17864 of 543093/27/12 at 5:04ampost #17865 of 543093/27/12 at 6:00amQuote:
i hate the question, "how much did you pay for that?" whether it was a salvation army pick-up or a full-price, saved up for a year, waited in line jawn. i usually make up fake prices no matter what it cost.
edit: unless they get it and want to kop, then they get the hard facts.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS 9 minutes ago
- › BREAK THE "RULES" CHALLENGE 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan NST Blucher - 10D Aberdeen Last 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories