yes, still working on that project. They need to be beyond perfect before anybody sees them, so that is a project that will require time and money.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 4:01 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 9:40 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1140post #17086 of 547563/17/12 at 5:02amThread Starterpost #17087 of 547563/17/12 at 5:04amThread StarterWent to a fashion school final presentation/graduation type thing today, was just a weekend class thing and less traditional than your normal arts college fashion school show, but it was interesting. Was interesting to watch and I learned a few new things about myself and my work that I didn't really know before.post #17088 of 547563/17/12 at 5:31ampost #17089 of 547563/17/12 at 5:32amQuote:
When I think about the TOJ varsity, the first thing that pops up is that iconic image of that red toj0 on the rooftop. It's the strong shoulder and the colourway. It's the sort of thing that you need to be young (or at least young at heart) and cocky to wear. And that's awesome.post #17090 of 547563/17/12 at 6:38amI think the look of the latest varsity incarnation is basically perfect, though as someone suggested previously instead of reversible I'd prefer the standard sateen lining. Although when you mentioned something weird/edgy for the new varsity that definitely piqued my interest. Can't imagine what that might mean though. lolpost #17091 of 547563/17/12 at 6:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Nereis
When I think about the TOJ varsity, the first thing that pops up is that iconic image of that red toj0 on the rooftop. It's the strong shoulder and the colourway. It's the sort of thing that you need to be young (or at least young at heart) and cocky to wear. And that's awesome.
^What I feel too. That strong squared off shoulder that IMO is hard to get with a raglan(which still looks good), but that shoulder and the long arms is something else. But I personally want something in all black, buttons instead of zippers, and set in sleeves. I think I'd wear it with trousers more than denim.post #17092 of 547563/17/12 at 7:27ampost #17093 of 547563/17/12 at 7:44amQuote:Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
I think the look of the latest varsity incarnation is basically perfect, though as someone suggested previously instead of reversible I'd prefer the standard sateen lining. Although when you mentioned something weird/edgy for the new varsity that definitely piqued my interest. Can't imagine what that might mean though. lol
Tried to dream up a couple things, zipped cuffs, t3-like vertical seams down to ribbing or asymmetric zip/snap but they just seem like the contrived riffs on a classic.
i like the more understated colorways, current gen black/black with digi camo liner was just a simple badass look and will be tough to beat. for colors I like the gingham or oxford lining from the toj0/bball over the sateen, looks wise, and i like a maroon or navy body with tan sleeves though, maybe a little plain/preppy.
what about going back to the set-in sleeve with a glen plaid, houndstooth or herringbone wool? might be more of a winter cut for fw12.
Edited by mike1445 - 3/17/12 at 11:04ampost #17094 of 547563/17/12 at 8:51am
Would love to see a return of the Toj0 style varsity. Potentially with a zip option as well as buttons. Although the Toj1 is amazing for some reason I though I just prefer the set-in sleeves as opposed to the raglan.
Also, would definitely cop a suede baseball if they became available - hopefully out of a lighter weight suede if possible. The last one was fantastic, but a bit heavy for the summer months. I think blue was my favourite colour of the last version. Again, choice of zip or buttons for this might be a good option too. Saying that a zip option might look a bit like a bomber jacket, but that might be cool too.post #17095 of 547563/17/12 at 9:05ampost #17096 of 547563/17/12 at 9:14ampost #17097 of 547563/17/12 at 9:51ampost #17098 of 547563/17/12 at 10:53amQuote:
As far as non-standard ideas go, I saw a varsity with toggles that looked pretty good. The rest of the jacket was nowhere near the quality of ToJ, but the toggles were a feature that stood out and looked solid.post #17099 of 547563/17/12 at 11:16amHAHAHA at willy for giving thumbs up for that comment
It sounds boring but solid fit+high quality material+muted (Because I hate the word timeless) details = Traditional ToJ.
Honestly even a remaking of ToJ0 would work for me.
Although We can use some ToJ Logo on our chest
Warning: I dare you Willy.. Say no to me (Click to show)5zip Varsity?post #17100 of 547563/17/12 at 11:25am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Uniqlo Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Jeeves x Vass MTO and GMTO Central Thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...