Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1139post #17072 of 547563/16/12 at 3:02pmpost #17073 of 547563/16/12 at 3:26pmpost #17074 of 547563/16/12 at 3:47pmpost #17075 of 547563/16/12 at 4:10pmpost #17076 of 547563/16/12 at 4:19pmpost #17077 of 547563/16/12 at 5:11pmpost #17078 of 547563/16/12 at 5:49pmpost #17079 of 547563/16/12 at 6:11pmQuote:
Could it be this one here ? I'm feeling that colorway too
http://www.selectism.com/news/2008/12/24/whyred-harvey-jacket/post #17080 of 547563/16/12 at 6:52pmpost #17081 of 547563/16/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
Thanks. They're Common Projects Distressed Officer Boots. Good luck finding a pair, it took me about two months before another one came up for sale in my size. I know there was a larger one recently though. Totally worth the wait though as I think they go great with the fishtail and A2.Quote:
Shit. How soon is soon? I think a varsity might be my next order until we see other pants. I'm still interested in seeing you're take on denim and chinos, and if the trousers are as great as you claim they'll be, I'm gonna need another pair.
Also, and updates on leather goods? My money clip keeps sliding out of my coin pocket, so I'm thinking of getting a small CDG zip wallet this weekend if there are any black ones left in the city. Seems like everywhere online sold out.post #17082 of 547563/16/12 at 11:51pmNo drastic changes to my VTG MDR, but these two texture and evo pics display the subtle evolution since my last picture up date. Black markings are forming around the accordions from wear and the colour of the whole jacket is becoming a lot richer. The biggest surprise is the texture of the leather is really coming through and becoming less uniform, plus you can almost start seeing the what seems like freckles from exposure to the sun. This is one of those jackets that becomes more interesting the closer you get your eyes to it.
Drew has the pick up for the VTG been big? If not it should be because these jackets are something special, and who know if anyone will ever get a chance to own something like this in the future.post #17083 of 547563/16/12 at 11:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yea we have a few pieces left, we will put them up with pics this week sometime.
Still thinking on the baseball, it'd be similar but a little different. The calf suede was cool and a good price, but it comes out a little heavy with our build spec. Seems everyone wants the tan bball, maybe a few in the minority for the grey one.
Varsity is coming soon, still deciding on that as well. I want to make something crazy, but that only costs money and puts people off.
tan bball is fug
I'd love a blue, red, gray, bballpost #17084 of 547563/17/12 at 2:02amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Dellath
No drastic changes to my VTG MDR, but these two texture and evo pics display the subtle evolution since my last picture up date. Black markings are forming around the accordions from wear and the colour of the whole jacket is becoming a lot richer. The biggest surprise is the texture of the leather is really coming through and becoming less uniform, plus you can almost start seeing the what seems like freckles from exposure to the sun. This is one of those jackets that becomes more interesting the closer you get your eyes to it.
Drew has the pick up for the VTG been big? If not it should be because these jackets are something special, and who know if anyone will ever get a chance to own something like this in the future.
wow dude, I never guessed they'd get that dark so quickly. I was figuring most of them would sit in a golden blonde state and then eventually pick up dirty highlights on the raised areas. Yours is getting to be a really sexy color, like a baseball glove.
We haven't made many of those VTG's, and I'm satisfied with that the way it is, they are a bit laborious to make because of the leather, and then they go off in a different direction when it comes to first appearances, they're not the out of the box sex machines that the black lamb staple TOJ's are... so I worry about getting people to understand, and that's fine I guess. I'm usually on here trying to answer the legitimate comments and questions, but you know how half of this thread tends to be...
Anyway, I salute you. That is some damn fine work on that jacket. It's pretty seasoned up looking now, I'd enjoy it as-is and only give it limited sunning.post #17085 of 547563/17/12 at 4:49amThread Starter
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Currently, there are 1117 Active Users (214 Members and 903 Guests)
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Blazer for a melange shirt 2 minutes ago
- › DROPS!! FS : Dark Brown Coach Bleecker Leather Backpack+GIFT!. STEP... 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Tod's Gommini Suede Driving Loafers (Navy Blue) - 8.5 10 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 2016/09/30 - "Blue and Green Now Must Be Seen" 10 minutes ago
- › Shoes for narrow heel and wide toes? 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...