Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/6/15 at 8:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on 10/6/15 at 2:44pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1139
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17072 of 540543/16/12 at 3:02pmpost #17073 of 540543/16/12 at 3:26pmpost #17074 of 540543/16/12 at 3:47pmpost #17075 of 540543/16/12 at 4:10pmpost #17076 of 540543/16/12 at 4:19pmpost #17077 of 540543/16/12 at 5:11pmpost #17078 of 540543/16/12 at 5:49pmpost #17079 of 540543/16/12 at 6:11pmQuote:
Could it be this one here ? I'm feeling that colorway too
http://www.selectism.com/news/2008/12/24/whyred-harvey-jacket/post #17080 of 540543/16/12 at 6:52pmpost #17081 of 540543/16/12 at 6:56pmQuote:
Thanks. They're Common Projects Distressed Officer Boots. Good luck finding a pair, it took me about two months before another one came up for sale in my size. I know there was a larger one recently though. Totally worth the wait though as I think they go great with the fishtail and A2.Quote:
Shit. How soon is soon? I think a varsity might be my next order until we see other pants. I'm still interested in seeing you're take on denim and chinos, and if the trousers are as great as you claim they'll be, I'm gonna need another pair.
Also, and updates on leather goods? My money clip keeps sliding out of my coin pocket, so I'm thinking of getting a small CDG zip wallet this weekend if there are any black ones left in the city. Seems like everywhere online sold out.post #17082 of 540543/16/12 at 11:51pmNo drastic changes to my VTG MDR, but these two texture and evo pics display the subtle evolution since my last picture up date. Black markings are forming around the accordions from wear and the colour of the whole jacket is becoming a lot richer. The biggest surprise is the texture of the leather is really coming through and becoming less uniform, plus you can almost start seeing the what seems like freckles from exposure to the sun. This is one of those jackets that becomes more interesting the closer you get your eyes to it.
Drew has the pick up for the VTG been big? If not it should be because these jackets are something special, and who know if anyone will ever get a chance to own something like this in the future.post #17083 of 540543/16/12 at 11:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yea we have a few pieces left, we will put them up with pics this week sometime.
Still thinking on the baseball, it'd be similar but a little different. The calf suede was cool and a good price, but it comes out a little heavy with our build spec. Seems everyone wants the tan bball, maybe a few in the minority for the grey one.
Varsity is coming soon, still deciding on that as well. I want to make something crazy, but that only costs money and puts people off.
tan bball is fug
I'd love a blue, red, gray, bballpost #17084 of 540543/17/12 at 2:02amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Dellath
No drastic changes to my VTG MDR, but these two texture and evo pics display the subtle evolution since my last picture up date. Black markings are forming around the accordions from wear and the colour of the whole jacket is becoming a lot richer. The biggest surprise is the texture of the leather is really coming through and becoming less uniform, plus you can almost start seeing the what seems like freckles from exposure to the sun. This is one of those jackets that becomes more interesting the closer you get your eyes to it.
Drew has the pick up for the VTG been big? If not it should be because these jackets are something special, and who know if anyone will ever get a chance to own something like this in the future.
wow dude, I never guessed they'd get that dark so quickly. I was figuring most of them would sit in a golden blonde state and then eventually pick up dirty highlights on the raised areas. Yours is getting to be a really sexy color, like a baseball glove.
We haven't made many of those VTG's, and I'm satisfied with that the way it is, they are a bit laborious to make because of the leather, and then they go off in a different direction when it comes to first appearances, they're not the out of the box sex machines that the black lamb staple TOJ's are... so I worry about getting people to understand, and that's fine I guess. I'm usually on here trying to answer the legitimate comments and questions, but you know how half of this thread tends to be...
Anyway, I salute you. That is some damn fine work on that jacket. It's pretty seasoned up looking now, I'd enjoy it as-is and only give it limited sunning.post #17085 of 540543/17/12 at 4:49amThread Starter
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Currently, there are 1842 Active Users (433 Members and 1409 Guests)
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 32 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Patrick Booth's (Almost) Daily Haiku Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 4 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth