Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Today at 1:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 1012post #15166 of 545201/23/12 at 7:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15167 of 545201/23/12 at 8:34pmpost #15168 of 545201/23/12 at 8:39pmpost #15169 of 545201/23/12 at 8:41pmpost #15170 of 545201/23/12 at 8:42pmThread Starterblack is supposed to be a non-color in terms of the color spectrum, but in reality black clothes have to be made by making blue as dark as possible - because you can't shoot every color of the light spectrum to dye clothes magically like a wizard.
TOJ lamb and calf are really blue, actually, if you guys wear them long enough they will fade to a greyish blue in high wear areas. The lamb gives off a navy dye if you wash a lot of it (more than a single jacket)post #15171 of 545201/23/12 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #15172 of 545201/23/12 at 8:45pmQuote:
I just read an incredibly bad book that was exactly about this.
do not readpost #15173 of 545201/23/12 at 8:48pmpost #15174 of 545201/23/12 at 8:53pmpost #15175 of 545201/23/12 at 9:07pmpost #15176 of 545201/23/12 at 9:08pm
Earlier posts disappeared due to pending moderation
I've got a brown peacoat, a lite whiskey mdr with a bball on the way. The quality of construction is superb and the each fits like a glove. I haven't been disappointed yet, although I totally forgot to specify the polyfill lining in the peacoat.
Just wanted to point out that for all the leather daddy love and varsity hype itt, imo the suede blouson deserves much more attention than it (never) gets. It's on my "to kop" list, but will (probably) have to wait till after marital bliss.
Edited by Stitches - 1/24/12 at 12:33pmpost #15177 of 545201/23/12 at 9:09pmpost #15178 of 545201/23/12 at 9:23pmpost #15179 of 545201/23/12 at 9:24pmpost #15180 of 545201/23/12 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
black is supposed to be a non-color in terms of the color spectrum, but in reality black clothes have to be made by making blue as dark as possible - because you can't shoot every color of the light spectrum to dye clothes magically like a wizard.
TOJ lamb and calf are really blue, actually, if you guys wear them long enough they will fade to a greyish blue in high wear areas.
Yeah that's what I thought when the industrial zippers fucked up the cuff in a very early stage
Funny how Canada Goose is using a 'Top Class' YKK which snapped when I took it to test @ Yellowstone last month and the same YKK ToJ uses is effectively destroying everything at its path
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...