Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 7:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 825post #12361 of 5403311/29/11 at 5:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12362 of 5403311/29/11 at 5:50pmpost #12363 of 5403311/29/11 at 5:54pmpost #12364 of 5403311/29/11 at 6:00pmpost #12365 of 5403311/29/11 at 6:01pmpost #12366 of 5403311/29/11 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by GSafternoon
Got my 4th TOJ, and first varsity today. I had gone with a size 50 in my MA-1 and it was super tight, so got kinda spooked, and went with a size 52 + some added sleeve and body length. This one is definitely more wearable, though I still think my sweet spot TOJ size would be a 51, as this ones a little boxy/loose with just a t-shirt one. With a few layers, it fills out perfectly though. 6'3", 165lbs for reference.
Anyways, happy overall. If the looseness bugs me, maybe I'll consider tailoring it a bit, but I think once it breaks in it'll be fine.
Apologies for the photobooth fit pics.
hmmm im around your height
but 6'1 185-190
I'm wondering if i should go for a 50 or 52post #12367 of 5403311/29/11 at 7:44pmpost #12368 of 5403311/29/11 at 7:53pmpost #12369 of 5403311/29/11 at 7:57pmpost #12370 of 5403311/29/11 at 8:41pmpost #12371 of 5403311/29/11 at 8:45pmpost #12372 of 5403311/29/11 at 8:46pmThread StarterThe size was..... wait for it...... made to measure.
Dbear and I figured the CM size out in two easy steps - he gave me the measurements from his last MTM TOJ leather, showed me a fit pic where I could see how it fit, and then we went with the same thing but adjusted to his taste.
Anybody can do the same thing if they measure a slim fitting jacket, send the measurement set to Charly, and then show him a fit pic. It is not rocket science. There have been a lot of good fits lately, I sized those people using a few different methods but they achieve the same result.post #12373 of 5403311/29/11 at 8:49pmpost #12374 of 5403311/29/11 at 8:52pmpost #12375 of 5403311/29/11 at 8:58pmQuote:
New revised collar which looks fucking great and would never have happened if a select few of us hadnt spoke up about the other collar looking awful.
Guess it wasnt just "the collars got smashed in shipping!" after all, since yours is clearly new and displays none of the "lilypad effect" which none of the other collared leathers have ever exhibited but which drew oddly claimed was from shipping even though he knew it was a problem with the pattern because he knew that everyone would just bend over and take it and then silently redesigned it because he knew I was right even though he, nor any one else here will ever admit it.
YOURE WELCOME ROOKIES.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn Outerwear
- › Australian Members 44 seconds ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Burberry Suit - Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF OCT... 12 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...