Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? Last post on Yesterday at 6:03 am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Looking for longer "military" style leather coat. Can't decide between Burberry or... Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever. - Page 825post #12361 of 5452011/29/11 at 5:49pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12362 of 5452011/29/11 at 5:50pmpost #12363 of 5452011/29/11 at 5:54pmpost #12364 of 5452011/29/11 at 6:00pmpost #12365 of 5452011/29/11 at 6:01pmpost #12366 of 5452011/29/11 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by GSafternoon
Got my 4th TOJ, and first varsity today. I had gone with a size 50 in my MA-1 and it was super tight, so got kinda spooked, and went with a size 52 + some added sleeve and body length. This one is definitely more wearable, though I still think my sweet spot TOJ size would be a 51, as this ones a little boxy/loose with just a t-shirt one. With a few layers, it fills out perfectly though. 6'3", 165lbs for reference.
Anyways, happy overall. If the looseness bugs me, maybe I'll consider tailoring it a bit, but I think once it breaks in it'll be fine.
Apologies for the photobooth fit pics.
hmmm im around your height
but 6'1 185-190
I'm wondering if i should go for a 50 or 52post #12367 of 5452011/29/11 at 7:44pmpost #12368 of 5452011/29/11 at 7:53pmpost #12369 of 5452011/29/11 at 7:57pmpost #12370 of 5452011/29/11 at 8:41pmpost #12371 of 5452011/29/11 at 8:45pmpost #12372 of 5452011/29/11 at 8:46pmThread StarterThe size was..... wait for it...... made to measure.
Dbear and I figured the CM size out in two easy steps - he gave me the measurements from his last MTM TOJ leather, showed me a fit pic where I could see how it fit, and then we went with the same thing but adjusted to his taste.
Anybody can do the same thing if they measure a slim fitting jacket, send the measurement set to Charly, and then show him a fit pic. It is not rocket science. There have been a lot of good fits lately, I sized those people using a few different methods but they achieve the same result.post #12373 of 5452011/29/11 at 8:49pmpost #12374 of 5452011/29/11 at 8:52pmpost #12375 of 5452011/29/11 at 8:58pmQuote:
New revised collar which looks fucking great and would never have happened if a select few of us hadnt spoke up about the other collar looking awful.
Guess it wasnt just "the collars got smashed in shipping!" after all, since yours is clearly new and displays none of the "lilypad effect" which none of the other collared leathers have ever exhibited but which drew oddly claimed was from shipping even though he knew it was a problem with the pattern because he knew that everyone would just bend over and take it and then silently redesigned it because he knew I was right even though he, nor any one else here will ever admit it.
YOURE WELCOME ROOKIES.
- TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 second ago
- › Cars We Drive! 17 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 33 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?