yeh i am sure mr toj would look forward to dealing with all the correspondence regarding measurements *facepalm*
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 578post #8656 of 493109/2/11 at 6:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8657 of 493109/2/11 at 6:41ampost #8658 of 493109/2/11 at 7:29ampost #8659 of 493109/2/11 at 7:37amThread StarterQuote:yeh i am sure mr toj would look forward to dealing with all the correspondence regarding measurements *facepalm*
yeah, this. People can't even measure themselves for a TOJ1 without making it incredibly difficult, and people still ask about half inches and stuff on the most casual jackets - suits are not going to happen. I had originally planned to make something like that years ago, before anything was made, but how naive I was....post #8660 of 493109/2/11 at 8:08ampost #8661 of 493109/2/11 at 10:08amThread Starterpost #8662 of 493109/2/11 at 12:03pmpost #8663 of 493109/2/11 at 12:03pmpost #8664 of 493109/2/11 at 12:18pmpost #8665 of 493109/2/11 at 12:24pmThread StarterQuote:
I don't know about those either, wallets for sure are done, bags may or may not happen. Going to trim some fat and only produce stuff that stays truest to what I've always made - the best option in leather jackets and outerwear for style conscious people who care about quality and recognize the value on their own. There are a lot of things built into the clothes that people may never understand, even if they're buying TOJ stuff. I do know that it may difficult to ever see things like this again, if TOJ goes by the wayside. I put stuff into the pieces that I don't talk about, sometimes even Dan doesn't know what makes up 100% of the finished product. Way too much work for me explain all of the recipes sometimes anyway, so it's better to simplify things and let it be 'leather jacket' or 'wool coat' and have that be that. No need to question, just know that I've put the goods into it already so you don't need to.
One thing I do know is that you will be able to pull these things out of your closet and feel it looks fresh, even in like 2015. Look at jaac and tell me if that's just not a really fucking nice piece of clothing. It took me two or three days of scrolling past that pic to realize that myself, and I've worn that actual jacket, but two years of just constantly looking at nice leather jackets has turned me numb and I forget how I used to feel when I saw a nice leather jacket. Now it's like, that level as a default, in my eyes. (that's good for you dudes buying stuff from me, but personally I don't even buy clothes for myself anymore because it's always disappointing how much they cost and how few brands have much quality or value built into them - that's kind of the genesis of me exploring bespoke suits lately)
Anyway, yeah, I'm not setting out to make some of everything. I can't do that. I don't have cheap labor or materials, in fact it's really expensive. For what the Uncontrol Rider cost me in materials it should've actually been priced at like, $2400 or something, to make for a safe margin over the cost, but obviously that wasn't gonna happen, and also I'm not giving him the entire anaconda, he's just getting some of it, even though I have to buy the whole thing and figure out what I'm gonna do with it later.
The price of TOJ stuff has remained the same for a year or more now and been essentially the same all along, for what goes into the stuff, but that's because there's only been a maximum of 3 people here, now two. That is why it's different than the typical product that keeps rolling down the hill, snowballing in markup and people's outstretched hands. Sometimes I'd like to see my own stuff in stores, etc, but that goes against a lot of what I've tried to do all along.post #8666 of 493109/2/11 at 12:47pmpost #8667 of 493109/2/11 at 1:09pmpost #8668 of 493109/2/11 at 1:11pmQuote:Anyway, yeah, I'm not setting out to make some of everything. I can't do that. I don't have cheap labor or materials, in fact it's really expensive. For what the Uncontrol Rider cost me in materials it should've actually been priced at like, $2400 or something, to make for a safe margin over the cost, but obviously that wasn't gonna happen, and also I'm not giving him the entire anaconda, he's just getting some of it, even though I have to buy the whole thing and figure out what I'm gonna do with it later.
Is there an emoticon to express guilt?
I know you gave me a steal of a price on that jacket and I really appreciate it. If it had been $2400 I don't know if I would have gone along with it, even if it was worth it. That aside, I hope you'll like the end result enough to ease your pain a bit.
As for the anaconda: I'm tellin' you man, bomber with anaconda patch.post #8669 of 493109/2/11 at 1:13pmpost #8670 of 493109/2/11 at 1:18pmThread StarterWell, the Uncontrol Rider isn't so much to my taste in theory obviously, but it's a worthy challenge if there ever were one. It's your original design and I respect that, a lot more so than the propositions of making some half-baked CCP or Julius ripoff thing. When it comes to the Uncontrol RIder, I'm like a matchmaker, and you have given me a bunch of info to narrow down the final product to your expectations... wheres the guys who have mistakenly viewed my leather jacket project as being some sort of CCP/Julius thing, that's like them asking for a blonde and me only ever having brunettes on offer, because I have a brunettes service or something. It'll just never work in theory.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1154 Active Users (207 Members and 947 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts 9 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...