yeh i am sure mr toj would look forward to dealing with all the correspondence regarding measurements *facepalm*
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 578post #8656 of 535919/2/11 at 6:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8657 of 535919/2/11 at 6:41ampost #8658 of 535919/2/11 at 7:29ampost #8659 of 535919/2/11 at 7:37amThread StarterQuote:yeh i am sure mr toj would look forward to dealing with all the correspondence regarding measurements *facepalm*
yeah, this. People can't even measure themselves for a TOJ1 without making it incredibly difficult, and people still ask about half inches and stuff on the most casual jackets - suits are not going to happen. I had originally planned to make something like that years ago, before anything was made, but how naive I was....post #8660 of 535919/2/11 at 8:08ampost #8661 of 535919/2/11 at 10:08amThread Starterpost #8662 of 535919/2/11 at 12:03pmpost #8663 of 535919/2/11 at 12:03pmpost #8664 of 535919/2/11 at 12:18pmpost #8665 of 535919/2/11 at 12:24pmThread StarterQuote:
I don't know about those either, wallets for sure are done, bags may or may not happen. Going to trim some fat and only produce stuff that stays truest to what I've always made - the best option in leather jackets and outerwear for style conscious people who care about quality and recognize the value on their own. There are a lot of things built into the clothes that people may never understand, even if they're buying TOJ stuff. I do know that it may difficult to ever see things like this again, if TOJ goes by the wayside. I put stuff into the pieces that I don't talk about, sometimes even Dan doesn't know what makes up 100% of the finished product. Way too much work for me explain all of the recipes sometimes anyway, so it's better to simplify things and let it be 'leather jacket' or 'wool coat' and have that be that. No need to question, just know that I've put the goods into it already so you don't need to.
One thing I do know is that you will be able to pull these things out of your closet and feel it looks fresh, even in like 2015. Look at jaac and tell me if that's just not a really fucking nice piece of clothing. It took me two or three days of scrolling past that pic to realize that myself, and I've worn that actual jacket, but two years of just constantly looking at nice leather jackets has turned me numb and I forget how I used to feel when I saw a nice leather jacket. Now it's like, that level as a default, in my eyes. (that's good for you dudes buying stuff from me, but personally I don't even buy clothes for myself anymore because it's always disappointing how much they cost and how few brands have much quality or value built into them - that's kind of the genesis of me exploring bespoke suits lately)
Anyway, yeah, I'm not setting out to make some of everything. I can't do that. I don't have cheap labor or materials, in fact it's really expensive. For what the Uncontrol Rider cost me in materials it should've actually been priced at like, $2400 or something, to make for a safe margin over the cost, but obviously that wasn't gonna happen, and also I'm not giving him the entire anaconda, he's just getting some of it, even though I have to buy the whole thing and figure out what I'm gonna do with it later.
The price of TOJ stuff has remained the same for a year or more now and been essentially the same all along, for what goes into the stuff, but that's because there's only been a maximum of 3 people here, now two. That is why it's different than the typical product that keeps rolling down the hill, snowballing in markup and people's outstretched hands. Sometimes I'd like to see my own stuff in stores, etc, but that goes against a lot of what I've tried to do all along.post #8666 of 535919/2/11 at 12:47pmpost #8667 of 535919/2/11 at 1:09pmpost #8668 of 535919/2/11 at 1:11pmQuote:Anyway, yeah, I'm not setting out to make some of everything. I can't do that. I don't have cheap labor or materials, in fact it's really expensive. For what the Uncontrol Rider cost me in materials it should've actually been priced at like, $2400 or something, to make for a safe margin over the cost, but obviously that wasn't gonna happen, and also I'm not giving him the entire anaconda, he's just getting some of it, even though I have to buy the whole thing and figure out what I'm gonna do with it later.
Is there an emoticon to express guilt?
I know you gave me a steal of a price on that jacket and I really appreciate it. If it had been $2400 I don't know if I would have gone along with it, even if it was worth it. That aside, I hope you'll like the end result enough to ease your pain a bit.
As for the anaconda: I'm tellin' you man, bomber with anaconda patch.post #8669 of 535919/2/11 at 1:13pmpost #8670 of 535919/2/11 at 1:18pmThread StarterWell, the Uncontrol Rider isn't so much to my taste in theory obviously, but it's a worthy challenge if there ever were one. It's your original design and I respect that, a lot more so than the propositions of making some half-baked CCP or Julius ripoff thing. When it comes to the Uncontrol RIder, I'm like a matchmaker, and you have given me a bunch of info to narrow down the final product to your expectations... wheres the guys who have mistakenly viewed my leather jacket project as being some sort of CCP/Julius thing, that's like them asking for a blonde and me only ever having brunettes on offer, because I have a brunettes service or something. It'll just never work in theory.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1648 Active Users (381 Members and 1267 Guests)
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 10 seconds ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Castangia - Plaid Wool Jacket 52 42 Full Canvas Hand... 4 minutes ago
- › Price Drop! NWT Stile Latino Napoli - Chambray Blue DB Jacket 54... 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015