If you go back you can see Drew outline that the lamb suede patch doesn't look so good with goat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2767post #41491 of 491239/2/14 at 7:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41492 of 491239/2/14 at 7:22pmpost #41493 of 491239/2/14 at 8:24pmpost #41494 of 491239/2/14 at 8:39pmpost #41495 of 491239/2/14 at 8:45pmpost #41496 of 491239/2/14 at 9:15pmpost #41497 of 491239/2/14 at 9:18pmQuote:
I'm as anxious as the next person regarding my order, but to be fair, the last deliveries were in late-June/ mid-July, which wasn't that long ago. There was joona who received a varsity, and that nepats guy who received a jacket after calling Drew a snake. I'm sure there are a few others, but those come to mind most easily.post #41498 of 491239/2/14 at 9:35pmpost #41499 of 491239/2/14 at 9:48pmpost #41500 of 491239/2/14 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by BaronVonBishop
I think the idea that anyone's jacket is made and just sitting around is pure fantasy. With how rowdy people are right now, justifiably I might add, how much grief and goodwill could they spread by telling those people, "Hey, here's a pic of your jacket(s). It'll be getting to you soon once the shipping is sorted."
That is, unless there's no one qualified to take photos and send emails either.
I ordered a coat in January '14 and another in March '14, if people from June of 2013 haven't received anything but promises and reassurances, I'm not holding my breath on getting anything till mid 2015.
Agreed. A friend, family member or an assistant on minimum wage would have been able to ship the jackets out if there was indeed a finished goods inventory being held.
I think it is obvious that Drew has invested not only the profits generated by whatever margin he runs on these items, but also the entire revenue from ToJ, into his new business venture. Production has slowed to a trickle (if not stopped) due to him simply not being able to afford to pay for the manufacture of the goods. He is relying on profits from the restaurant (if there are any) or personal funds to come in in order to fund production. ToJ served its purpose for him as an investment vehicle and now that it is exhausted, delivery of the items is a liability and a low priority.
People with jackets paid for on order can only hope that his restaurant does well so that profits can go to finishing up Drew's last liabilities he holds to ToJ customers. I have seen (as I am sure many others have) this pattern of behavior in many other start up entrepreneurial ventures where the owner's access to the business funds are misused creating operational issues. There is no sound business excuse for the operational issues ToJ is currently facing.
Hopefully Drew's high visibility due to his social media presence and ownership of the restaurant, which he is no doubt heavily invested into, keeps him motivated towards ensuring everyone who paid for a ToJ item gets it.post #41501 of 491239/2/14 at 10:25pmQuote:
I just shipped off my lamb A2 that I've had for 2 years. Measurements taken before selling:
Went back and check original email with Charly. Measurements suggested and agreed on:
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.0"
Reason for selling: too tight! It didn't stretch much after all this time.
Just my anecdote.post #41502 of 491239/2/14 at 10:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ribkin
Wool MA-1 Stock 48, Ordered August 2013. 6'1 185 lbs when ordered ( now carrying a bit extra ). I thought 50 w/ 48 lengths would have made more sense, but then Charly asked if I even lifted ... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This guy received his wool MA-1 in late June after ordering in August 2013. I also ordered a wool MA-1 in August 2013 and I just passed my 1 year anniversary...post #41503 of 491239/3/14 at 12:11ampost #41504 of 491239/3/14 at 12:16am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 10 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 30 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Whiskey LWB - 9.5D 34 minutes ago
- › Consolidated Tie Sale (Drakes, Tie Your Tie, Sozzi, Tadino etc) 39 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...