If you go back you can see Drew outline that the lamb suede patch doesn't look so good with goat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2767post #41491 of 526959/2/14 at 7:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41492 of 526959/2/14 at 7:22pmpost #41493 of 526959/2/14 at 8:24pmpost #41494 of 526959/2/14 at 8:39pmpost #41495 of 526959/2/14 at 8:45pmpost #41496 of 526959/2/14 at 9:15pmpost #41497 of 526959/2/14 at 9:18pmQuote:
I'm as anxious as the next person regarding my order, but to be fair, the last deliveries were in late-June/ mid-July, which wasn't that long ago. There was joona who received a varsity, and that nepats guy who received a jacket after calling Drew a snake. I'm sure there are a few others, but those come to mind most easily.post #41498 of 526959/2/14 at 9:35pmpost #41499 of 526959/2/14 at 9:48pmpost #41500 of 526959/2/14 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by BaronVonBishop
I think the idea that anyone's jacket is made and just sitting around is pure fantasy. With how rowdy people are right now, justifiably I might add, how much grief and goodwill could they spread by telling those people, "Hey, here's a pic of your jacket(s). It'll be getting to you soon once the shipping is sorted."
That is, unless there's no one qualified to take photos and send emails either.
I ordered a coat in January '14 and another in March '14, if people from June of 2013 haven't received anything but promises and reassurances, I'm not holding my breath on getting anything till mid 2015.
Agreed. A friend, family member or an assistant on minimum wage would have been able to ship the jackets out if there was indeed a finished goods inventory being held.
I think it is obvious that Drew has invested not only the profits generated by whatever margin he runs on these items, but also the entire revenue from ToJ, into his new business venture. Production has slowed to a trickle (if not stopped) due to him simply not being able to afford to pay for the manufacture of the goods. He is relying on profits from the restaurant (if there are any) or personal funds to come in in order to fund production. ToJ served its purpose for him as an investment vehicle and now that it is exhausted, delivery of the items is a liability and a low priority.
People with jackets paid for on order can only hope that his restaurant does well so that profits can go to finishing up Drew's last liabilities he holds to ToJ customers. I have seen (as I am sure many others have) this pattern of behavior in many other start up entrepreneurial ventures where the owner's access to the business funds are misused creating operational issues. There is no sound business excuse for the operational issues ToJ is currently facing.
Hopefully Drew's high visibility due to his social media presence and ownership of the restaurant, which he is no doubt heavily invested into, keeps him motivated towards ensuring everyone who paid for a ToJ item gets it.post #41501 of 526959/2/14 at 10:25pmQuote:
I just shipped off my lamb A2 that I've had for 2 years. Measurements taken before selling:
Went back and check original email with Charly. Measurements suggested and agreed on:
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.0"
Reason for selling: too tight! It didn't stretch much after all this time.
Just my anecdote.post #41502 of 526959/2/14 at 10:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ribkin
Wool MA-1 Stock 48, Ordered August 2013. 6'1 185 lbs when ordered ( now carrying a bit extra ). I thought 50 w/ 48 lengths would have made more sense, but then Charly asked if I even lifted ... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This guy received his wool MA-1 in late June after ordering in August 2013. I also ordered a wool MA-1 in August 2013 and I just passed my 1 year anniversary...post #41503 of 526959/3/14 at 12:11ampost #41504 of 526959/3/14 at 12:16am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...