Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2652post #39766 of 527435/15/14 at 10:07pmmy vent about the TOJ newbies was a bit outta hand, it just seems that the members who have been here for years and have literally watched TOJ start from nothing and grow into what it is now, are more forgiving and understanding about the wait time and the state of the operation today. the noobs are just centered on the fact that they paid $800 for a jacket that they should have received sooner. which is totally understandable and not out of line in a sense, theres just a lack of appreciation in the whole process/operation that can be a bit frustrating for somebody like me. i feel like it will ruin the chances of future projects with drew, or at least make him more weary about the interactiveness of his products. i always loved the fact that the he pretty much catered to us, instead of having everything be so cut and dry. ie; the uncontrol rider, secret menu, leather ma1 and pretty much the whole MTM process.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39767 of 527435/15/14 at 10:11pmpost #39768 of 527435/15/14 at 10:26pmpost #39769 of 527435/15/14 at 10:39pmI'm just disappointed that people reacted negatively to a suggestion that the crew keep the thread/customers updated on things that affect production/queue times. I'm sure that even a post describing the current attitude towards the queue would also put some people at ease. Like, "we've been watching the line, and so far we're comfortable with the pace we're going at" or whatever the case is.
Some people don't post their concerns because they don't want to bother with the guys who'll react emotionally/protectively (especially from the guys who haven't placed an order for a year or so).post #39770 of 527435/15/14 at 10:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by clark kent
my vent about the TOJ newbies was a bit outta hand, it just seems that the members who have been here for years and have literally watched TOJ start from nothing and grow into what it is now, are more forgiving and understanding about the wait time and the state of the operation today. the noobs are just centered on the fact that they paid $800 for a jacket that they should have received sooner. which is totally understandable and not out of line in a sense, theres just a lack of appreciation in the whole process/operation that can be a bit frustrating for somebody like me. i feel like it will ruin the chances of future projects with drew, or at least make him more weary about the interactiveness of his products. i always loved the fact that the he pretty much catered to us, instead of having everything be so cut and dry. ie; the uncontrol rider, secret menu, leather ma1 and pretty much the whole MTM process.
Are you getting a blowie with your jacket or something?post #39771 of 527435/15/14 at 10:43pmpost #39772 of 527435/15/14 at 10:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by clark kent
i would consider TOJ more of a service than a business, which could be naive, but i'm sure that i'm not the only one who feels that way. drew has stated numerous times that there's enough profits to pay the workers and keep the wheels turning and not much more than that.you haven't even gotten your jacket yet and you're already showing lack of appreciation.post #39773 of 527435/15/14 at 10:59pmpost #39774 of 527435/15/14 at 11:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
Haven't posted here in awhile, my final jacket is around 44 weeks ago as well so I can share everyone's pain. But honestly at this point, with June on the horizon it really doesn't matter when it comes anymore since I can't wear it until September anyways.
I feel you man !I do hope it comes soon though. Living down here, winter's 2 weeks away for us (though it's already starting to get very cold) and I need a new jacket.The "buy a new jacket because I don't have a decent one" vs "wait for my TOJ to show up soon" balance is tough.. After 10+ months, every next week could be the one :)Quote:
1 post actually.
Was following the thread long before I placed an order and apart from asking about sizing (which I just E-Mail Charly about) or complaining about wait times (which won't make my jacket come any quicker), there didn't seem to be any reason to post.
So if me refraining from complaining about the wait for the past 45 weeks or posting every time I thought about changing my colours and zippers and lining decreases my legitimacy so be it.post #39775 of 527435/15/14 at 11:09pmpost #39776 of 527435/15/14 at 11:12pmpost #39777 of 527435/16/14 at 1:12ampost #39778 of 527435/16/14 at 3:21amjust for fun how about people post:
- when they ordered
- what they ordered
- if you could get one more jacket (excluding discontinued models), what would it be?
- payment confirmed mid-february
- brown lamb a2 and medium whiskey calf mdr w/ silver zips on queue (have also been on the fence about a black varsity)
- if i had the money for a third full leather it'd probably be either a 2013 dr or bcdr in black calf w/ gunmetal zips
Edited by masshi - 5/16/14 at 3:37ampost #39779 of 527435/16/14 at 4:17am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Oliver Peoples Connolly Sunglasses [Unused] 1 minute ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 27 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...