I'm on 45 weeks, I just might win!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2649post #39721 of 480475/14/14 at 9:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #39722 of 480475/14/14 at 11:58pmpost #39723 of 480475/15/14 at 4:49ampost #39724 of 480475/15/14 at 5:03ampost #39725 of 480475/15/14 at 5:10ampost #39726 of 480475/15/14 at 5:23am
Refrained from posting so far, but at 45 weeks too (very early July), any form of update would be nice.
I know how much you guys hate this but I think some people would like to know that apart from regular posters, they're not all alone. (Especially the ones at 40+)post #39727 of 480475/15/14 at 1:08pmpost #39728 of 480475/15/14 at 1:09pmpost #39729 of 480475/15/14 at 1:55pmpost #39730 of 480475/15/14 at 2:11pm
Clearly none of you guys have ever made any kind of investment - you're all getting so sweaty about waiting for a great piece. I'm just like... pay the man, forget about it, get a nice surprise treat a year later. You ever invested in your retirement? You can't get antsy about that because that won't kickback until way way way later. You think waiting a year for something good is bad? Damn, son(s).post #39731 of 480475/15/14 at 2:12pmpost #39732 of 480475/15/14 at 2:17pmpost #39733 of 480475/15/14 at 3:03pmpost #39734 of 480475/15/14 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by seabrass
Clearly none of you guys have ever made any kind of investment - you're all getting so sweaty about waiting for a great piece. I'm just like... pay the man, forget about it, get a nice surprise treat a year later. You ever invested in your retirement? You can't get antsy about that because that won't kickback until way way way later. You think waiting a year for something good is bad? Damn, son(s).
A more accurate comparison would be, you're 61 and just made an investment for when you retire at 67. You had everything planned because at 67, your "investment" would mature and that's when you're expected to cash in and enjoy your retirement so you make a list of places to go, things to see/do, etc. You are excited and you eagerly countdown the days until you retire. Then when you think you're close, the government comes around and tells you "retirement age is no longer 67. It's now estimated to be upwards of 73" without much detail explaining the exact year you can retire. You look and ask around and you find other people have been waiting as well. A few years pass... and some are now 74, 75, 76... and some who should have already retired a few years ago are now pushing 80 and they still don't even know when they'll actually be able to retire. Some start guessing and some of them even start to create rumors, passing them as fact. It creates confusion among the rest so people start to question and ask from the government when they'll be able to retire, only to be told by the loyal individuals to just forget about it and it'll eventually come as a nice surprise one year.
So yea, I don't think it's so much the wait that's bothering everyone. It's the lack of information out there.
Now I'm far from close to getting mine. I was originally given an estimate "about 6 months" which puts me around august/sept of this year. However, it's looking more and more like I won't be getting mine until spring... possibly summer of 2015... which means I won't be able to wear it until late 2015 (18 months from now).post #39735 of 480475/15/14 at 3:50pmwtf is even going on with this thread anymore? Are we really comparing ToJ jackets to retirement accounts?
To wangjt: you're not even anywhere near your aug/ sept deadline, and you're already anticipating a 1 year delay? Doesn't that seem a bit premature? Plus, when you ordered, there were presumably pages of people already noting the long wait times. Wouldn't you naturally take that into account?
I assume if your estimated delivery time is aug/ sept, you ordered in March. Kind of early to start hyperventilating.
Edited by dieworkwear - 5/15/14 at 4:01pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 23 seconds ago
- › 25+ NWT Boglioli sport coats in size 38R - 50R 28 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › $1695 Gant by Michael Bastian Gray Pinstripe 100% Double Breasted... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › UNBRANDED BRAND UB301 SIZE 30 14.5OZ SELVEDGE INDIGO 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...