I'd trust him...I'm 5'9", about 150 lbs with 16.1" shoulders doesn't seem right, same goes for your other measurements
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2546
Styleforum Top Pickspost #38177 of 490163/7/14 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Melbush
I'm a little worried about the measurements (I ordered a calf mdr). I'm 5'9", about 150 lbs with very narrow shoulders. I forwarded the measurements of a leather jacket that fits me really well, and he got back to me with larger measurements. For example, 17" for the shoulders instead of 16.1", 19." for the midsection instead of 17.7" and 19" at the waist instead of 18.5.
Is it just because the cut will be a little different? Should I be worried or just trust him?
did you include body measurements too?
alternatively, charly could've been accommodating for the calf, since it won't give or stretch like lamb doespost #38178 of 490163/7/14 at 6:14pmQuote:
doubt it, i gave him my measurement for 16.5 shoulder and he got back to me with 16.5(i actually went up to 17myself tho, just to be safer)
but anyway just trust charly..esp those waist measurements(which made no sense to me until i took some measuring tape to see just how it'd turn out, having a inch or 2 is good especially when you're skinny)post #38179 of 490163/7/14 at 11:20pmpost #38180 of 490163/8/14 at 4:54ampost #38181 of 490163/8/14 at 5:23am
Woodyear was legitimately crazy. Like, those posts aren't troll posts. They're nutjob posts. He even goes on at one point about how everyone else but him was brainwashed "like republicans."
I know one other guy on the blacklist is some Niketalk user who had trouble with varsity sizing. thenewjs23 was his username. I think he had a bit of a case though to be upset.
P.S. anyone want to sell me their spot in line for a TOJ0?post #38182 of 490163/8/14 at 5:48ampost #38183 of 490163/8/14 at 6:10amJust had a thought. So if I change my order to some popular stock size (say 46 with 48 length), sell it on B/S to people who are willing to pay more than to wait for $1000 rinse & repeat, do I become a (albeit very small) middleman of ToJ?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I am kidding pls don't blacklist me based Charlypost #38184 of 490163/8/14 at 7:49amQuote:
I may be overstimating my weight. I'm definitely 5'9 and a lot of my tops are xs/44. I must have very heavy bones lol
I've got a Geller leather jacket in 44 and I love the fit of it.
I will take another look at my measurements and get back to Charly..post #38185 of 490163/8/14 at 9:20amWQuote:
What exactly happened here? The only things I remember reading from him was him bitching about a) the CM collar and b) the price of shearling. Like a moron.
I didn't know he actually ordered something...?post #38186 of 490163/8/14 at 10:57ampost #38187 of 490163/8/14 at 12:05pmpost #38188 of 490163/8/14 at 12:49pmpost #38189 of 490163/8/14 at 5:52pmpost #38190 of 490163/8/14 at 6:12pmQuote:
THE SUFFERING OF OTHER HUMANS IS NOT ENTERTAINMENT
edit: Might switch my DR 2013 to a black lamb A2... Two DRs is just silly, right guys?
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Official Sales Alert thread 31 seconds ago
- › Natural Linen Suit for Wedding - Need shoe/accessory help! 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan