really don't follow either of these posts. Care to expand?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2533post #37981 of 493382/27/14 at 4:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37982 of 493382/27/14 at 5:22ampost #37983 of 493382/27/14 at 5:54ampost #37984 of 493382/27/14 at 6:01ampost #37985 of 493382/27/14 at 6:14ampost #37986 of 493382/27/14 at 6:22amQuote:Originally Posted by dittochu
I actually chose the calf in the end. went through all 700 or so pictures in the MDR gallery................... (ha) so you can see how horribly indecisive i was
the lamb does drape nicely and have that more feminine fashionable aesthetic, and i know that the calf might be horribly stiff in the beginning but I absolutely hate being careful with my clothing - that's not to say that i'm especially rough on it or anything, but for a jacket this expensive I'd be constantly worrying about too much wear/tear/etc and checking if the sleeves were rubbing against the zippers, etc. even knowing that the lamb is decently durable. that's just the way i am though so if you're not a worrier then it might not be as much of a problem.
also the calf might be a little more structured even after some wear just due to its stiffness which I'm pretty okay with - it'd be a nice contrast to all the other drapey stuff in my wardrobe.
i've sized it pretty slim so i don't think it'll look too bulky.
i looked into goat as well but there weren't a lot of photos and (as you can probably tell) i like to base my decisions off a LOT of research so that was a no-go for me.
Nice! Yup after reading your previous posts I went through those photos as well.
I initially wanted calf because I missed how my university jacket (from MANY years ago) felt. It was all calfskin and I was not the least bit careful with it (though I did not christen it by mopping up beer from the floor with it like what some of the boys did with theirs). After continuous wear during school it was not at all stiff, just soft and broken in. I really liked the weight of it too - you put it on and feel all the parts that have conformed to your body fall into place (maybe this is what people mean by armour like?). So comfy.
The only thing I know about goatskin is that the Balenciaga bags from before 2007 were made from it. And people who love those bags rave about how they break in to a puddle of silky goodness. I wonder if it'd do the same with a jacket? Probably not the same gauge of leather though.
Now with the TOJ, I am going to try out the lambskin, especially if it is as thick as what other people have said and is not feather light. Hopefully there will still be some breaking in to do, as I really enjoy that process.
Wear yours in good health!
Saplingpost #37987 of 493382/27/14 at 6:44amQuote:
maybe that is the case.
not really, there were other photos, some more "hard-face" but I'm not really trying to look intimidating. I don't mind looking somewhat innocent. so, thanks for your... criticism?post #37988 of 493382/27/14 at 6:45ampost #37989 of 493382/27/14 at 6:54amQuote:
I agree, does it not mould to fit a little better after the first six weeks or so, though? only saying so because one guy said (and I don't remember who) that it took a little while for it to fit how he wanted to, so he didn't want to take out of the box pictures. it is reeeally soft from the box thoughpost #37990 of 493382/27/14 at 9:16ampost #37991 of 493382/27/14 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Cole
I agree, does it not mould to fit a little better after the first six weeks or so, though? only saying so because one guy said (and I don't remember who) that it took a little while for it to fit how he wanted to, so he didn't want to take out of the box pictures. it is reeeally soft from the box though
Yeah I think it was Potsnu who posted a picture of his lamb DR when he first got it and after it'd been worn in for a little.The after picture looked much better.Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head. Someone said the same thing in a reddit WAYWT post. Someone was wearing a QDR (unzipped) with what i believe a Phillip lim shirt with a hidden placket IIRC and acne black jeans. Someone commented saying he was doing the jacket a "disservice" and that it should not be worn with sort of a "just walked out of barneys" look. I thought the jacket and fit were fine the way he was wearing it though. Maybe this is what they mean? Now I know you're just wearing an OCBD over it but I can't help but think it'd look better not zipped up. Also like you said, with just a tee (+hoodie sometimes) it becomes more casual and just works really well.
In summary I think unzipped would looks better with your OCBD fit.post #37992 of 493382/27/14 at 10:00ampost #37993 of 493382/27/14 at 10:08ampost #37994 of 493382/27/14 at 10:14am
Yeah I guess you could say that but wow that fit looks awesome. I think what adds to the "less clean" look of it is how the shirt isn't tucked and the drape/ roughness of the sweater. Perhaps now I'm just nit picking. But as I said I was fine with how he wore it,I even thought it looked nice. It was someone else who thought he was wearing it in a "stuffy/clinical" way. I found the post here: Its at the bottom.
Anyway I hope my jacket will good look like the visvim picture even though that looks like a 2013dr and I got a qdr.post #37995 of 493382/27/14 at 10:16amQuote:
The way a longer shirt looks compared to the jacket is kind of the appealing to me. But if its too long you're right.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 second ago
- › spanish shoe brands 1 minute ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...