Many thanks Charly.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2516post #37726 of 496402/18/14 at 5:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37727 of 496402/18/14 at 7:01pm
Potsnu, you've sized up to accommodate muscle growth a few times, right? how much bigger were the shoulder measurements Charly gave you compared to your body measurements?
I measured my shoulders at 16.5 inches, told charly I wanted to gain about 10 lbs, he said an 18" s2s would be best. I want to trust Charly, but it couldn't hurt to discuss it here either. Especially with people saying that their jacket s2s is smaller than their measured s2s.
If it was a chest measurement that I thought was weird/large I wouldn't really worry about it, I like working out a lot so it isn't unrealistic for me to think I'll be able to fill it out eventually. But shouldn't jackets s2s measurement not change much with shoulder size? I would think the s2s would change a little, but still be based off where the shoulder bone is, whereas sleeve width and length would be the measurements to change with shoulder size.
I'm just a bit worried, because I wore some sort of calf/cow leather moto in highschool that I thought was really cool until I realized it was 2-4 inches too big in the chest and too big in the shoulder (about 19"), and really just made me look like a goofball. I know that the drapy-ness of lamb means that the measurements are slightly more forgiving, it won't look like I'm wearing a cardboard box, but I still would rather not have to rely on forgiveness.
Again, I want to trust Charly, but I've seen someone say that most people don't know how to measure s2s on their body anyway. My shoulders are slightly narrow compared to my chest (16.5" shoulder 42" chest), so I'm wondering if he might have a bias towards assuming that I'm underselling my actual shoulder measurement.
I'm pretty new to anything made to measure, so I might have a terrible understanding of how it works, or I might have actually miss-measured my body, I know. I'm not really as worried as I probably sound, I like the conversation here and want to fuel it a bit.post #37728 of 496402/18/14 at 7:08pmpost #37729 of 496402/18/14 at 7:25pmScale the shoulder changes along with the current chest model. Your shoulders aren't going to grow more than your chest grows unless you're black or using AAS. If you think you're going to go from a 48 chest measurement to a 50, the appropriate shoulder size change on the size chart is probably fine.post #37730 of 496402/18/14 at 8:45pmpost #37731 of 496402/18/14 at 10:32pmpost #37732 of 496402/18/14 at 10:35pmpost #37733 of 496402/19/14 at 3:17ampost #37734 of 496402/19/14 at 3:37amQuote:
mine had that much discoloration from denim in only a few wears. shes a delicate one. thats a damn nice fit for an ebay pickup.post #37735 of 496402/19/14 at 4:37ampost #37736 of 496402/19/14 at 4:53ammy god. today is the day, boys. just woke up for school and did my routine e-mail/Facebook/instagram check, and was surprised with my tracking number. July 8th 2010 DR order. inbound into customs in Chicago right now, so I'm assuming it will be here on friday(I'm in arkansas). I'm so stoked. if I get it on friday, that will be exactly 33 weeks from the day I sent payment and confirmed my order to receiving my jacket. expect pictures!post #37737 of 496402/19/14 at 6:03ampost #37738 of 496402/19/14 at 6:14ampost #37739 of 496402/19/14 at 6:14amQuote:
Charley has spoken, posts like these gotta stop
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Lucknow +91-9680462195 1 minute ago
- › www.!!एस्ट्रोलोजर !com+91-8890885680mantra for marriage 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Brazil +91-9680462195 4 minutes ago
- › God+91-9001354274Family Problem Solution In Keshod Gujarat 4 minutes ago
- › God+91-9001354274Family Problem Solution In Karnal Haryana 5 minutes ago
- › God+91-9001354274Family Problem Solution In Kaithal Haryana 5 minutes ago
- › God+91-9001354274Family Problem Solution In Jodhpur Rajasthan 5 minutes ago
- › God+91-9001354274Family Problem Solution In Jamshedpur Jharkhand 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan