Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2496post #37426 of 481562/10/14 at 9:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37427 of 481562/10/14 at 10:05ampost #37428 of 481562/10/14 at 10:08ampost #37429 of 481562/10/14 at 10:19ampost #37430 of 481562/10/14 at 10:23ampost #37431 of 481562/10/14 at 10:43am
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on silver hardware vs. gunmetal on a MDR black calf? I went with silver (which they recommended) but now having second thoughts. The order wasnt put in long ago and I may need to change a measurement, so im hoping its not an issue. I hate to bother Charly with a change at all, but if I have to, I will only do it once. Why does this this seem like the hardest decision ever?post #37432 of 481562/10/14 at 11:02ampost #37433 of 481562/10/14 at 11:02ampost #37434 of 481562/10/14 at 11:10ampost #37435 of 481562/10/14 at 11:12ampost #37436 of 481562/10/14 at 11:21ampost #37437 of 481562/10/14 at 11:23ampost #37438 of 481562/10/14 at 11:30am
I was definitely all for silver at first too, but like "ghdvfddzgzdzg" said, it may be more contrast than I want. i guess the whole reason the MDR appealed to me in the first place was because its kind of subtle. therefore, the gunmetal will keep it that way.
Aside from that, I have another question regarding shoulder measurements.My shoulders are 17" across and Charly recommended 17.5" for the shoulder measurements on my MDR. Should I be going to 18"? worried I might not have enough room, but do the shoulders gussets give you that extra room you need? What size the do guys find is best for the shoulders? Id hate to receive this jacket and have it not fit right. its not even about the money at that point, its the wait... Thanks again all for your insight.post #37439 of 481562/10/14 at 11:44ampost #37440 of 481562/10/14 at 11:50am
I dont know about that...I own a Schott 626 in medium and it fits just about perfect everywhere but the shoulders. it's always been a major problem and never stretched enogh. granted there are no shoulder gussets which doesnt help. that said, the shoulders are the only thing that really worries me. At this point, once my MDR arrives, im probably going to burn the schott and piss on the ashes.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 30 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...