Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2496post #37426 of 530812/10/14 at 9:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37427 of 530812/10/14 at 10:05ampost #37428 of 530812/10/14 at 10:08ampost #37429 of 530812/10/14 at 10:19ampost #37430 of 530812/10/14 at 10:23ampost #37431 of 530812/10/14 at 10:43am
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on silver hardware vs. gunmetal on a MDR black calf? I went with silver (which they recommended) but now having second thoughts. The order wasnt put in long ago and I may need to change a measurement, so im hoping its not an issue. I hate to bother Charly with a change at all, but if I have to, I will only do it once. Why does this this seem like the hardest decision ever?post #37432 of 530812/10/14 at 11:02ampost #37433 of 530812/10/14 at 11:02ampost #37434 of 530812/10/14 at 11:10ampost #37435 of 530812/10/14 at 11:12ampost #37436 of 530812/10/14 at 11:21ampost #37437 of 530812/10/14 at 11:23ampost #37438 of 530812/10/14 at 11:30am
I was definitely all for silver at first too, but like "ghdvfddzgzdzg" said, it may be more contrast than I want. i guess the whole reason the MDR appealed to me in the first place was because its kind of subtle. therefore, the gunmetal will keep it that way.
Aside from that, I have another question regarding shoulder measurements.My shoulders are 17" across and Charly recommended 17.5" for the shoulder measurements on my MDR. Should I be going to 18"? worried I might not have enough room, but do the shoulders gussets give you that extra room you need? What size the do guys find is best for the shoulders? Id hate to receive this jacket and have it not fit right. its not even about the money at that point, its the wait... Thanks again all for your insight.post #37439 of 530812/10/14 at 11:44ampost #37440 of 530812/10/14 at 11:50am
I dont know about that...I own a Schott 626 in medium and it fits just about perfect everywhere but the shoulders. it's always been a major problem and never stretched enogh. granted there are no shoulder gussets which doesnt help. that said, the shoulders are the only thing that really worries me. At this point, once my MDR arrives, im probably going to burn the schott and piss on the ashes.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...