Capsule collections like they're gonna make products in a limited run? Or like for a small amount of preorders? jw
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2480
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37187 of 481311/27/14 at 5:04pmpost #37188 of 481311/27/14 at 5:05pmCapsule collections = a special limited run for a retailer. The retailer would 99.9% handle any transactions. Drew's mentioned several times before that he'd be looking to explore a different market than ToJ for the most part anyway. Likely a higher price point even before retailer markup.post #37189 of 481311/27/14 at 6:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by sussi
I am 5'9'' 176lbs with 44" chest(I am sure I will be 45 till the summer) and I want a bit loose not really slim fit. I think 50 would be to tight. Charly said I should go 52 with 48 for loose fit. The only thing I am afraid is that the sleeves would be very tight in around biceps.
What's your bicep measurement? I got a size 50 navy/sand varsity and it is too tight now in the sleeves so unfortunately will have to sell.post #37190 of 481311/27/14 at 9:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Capsule collections = a special limited run for a retailer. The retailer would 99.9% handle any transactions. Drew's mentioned several times before that he'd be looking to explore a different market than ToJ for the most part anyway. Likely a higher price point even before retailer markup.
And when everyone sees the higher prices, they'd have wished no one ever complained about wait times.post #37191 of 481311/27/14 at 9:53pmQuote:
Depends on how much higher. Would've gladly paid an extra $500 for a 3 month wait instead of a 7-9 month wait. But yeah, hope they don't end up in Balmain/SLP territory.
Will be exciting to see the capsule collections for sure though.post #37192 of 481311/28/14 at 5:30ampost #37193 of 481311/28/14 at 11:33amQuote:
An extra $500?! Nah, maybe 1-200 more at most for 1/2 the wait timepost #37194 of 481311/28/14 at 12:11pmpost #37195 of 481311/28/14 at 1:53pmpost #37196 of 481311/28/14 at 4:19pm
So this isn't directly related to TOJ, but the question arose within me the more I read through this thread (mainly the care people give to Drew/TOJ's sources of materials, etc.). It's quite the learning experience. Aaanyway. I am curious if there's any way to determine where a maker sources their leather (I'm thinking here of places like Rag & Bone, etc.). Do you just have to ask? Normally they're not the most public with such details.post #37197 of 481311/28/14 at 4:25pmpost #37198 of 481311/28/14 at 9:12pmQuestion for those who own the ToJ Peacoat: what is the wool like? Is it stiff like Sterlingwear's 80/20 melton or is it a softer more pliable wool?
I ask because I have a softer wool (merino) peacoat that drapes well, but is too soft for the collar to stand upright. I am debating sewing a piece of leather onto the back of the collar like the TOJ peacoat to add some firmness... but I'm not sure if the TOJ's wool is stiff enough to stand on its own, or if that is what the leather collar is for.post #37199 of 481311/28/14 at 10:48pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB Vass OE2 Antique Cognac EU41.5 F last 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › JoS. A. Bank Cedar Shoe trees on sale 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › LV Damier Ebene Straps for Panerai in 24 and 26 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...