Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2469
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37022 of 481301/22/14 at 1:32pmpost #37023 of 481301/22/14 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by DividedWay
Guys. Guys. More people have messed up the fit on their ToJ by worrying about a couple half-inches here or there than have gotten a better fit out of it. Distorb should know this best of all. Give Charly guidance, but let him size you- he will help you get the right fit, you're more likely to fuck it up and leave yourself with $800 of regret.
Yeap that's what I did and my jacket for perfectly.post #37024 of 481301/22/14 at 2:17pmpost #37025 of 481301/22/14 at 2:29pmpost #37026 of 481301/22/14 at 2:39pmpost #37027 of 481301/22/14 at 2:54pmpost #37028 of 481301/22/14 at 3:03pmpost #37029 of 481301/22/14 at 3:22pmpost #37030 of 481301/22/14 at 3:52pmHonestly though, sleeve width is something to be picky about, at least for me. If a sleeve can't at least be closed to be a snug/tapered fit, especially for something like a slim fitting leather jacket, I think it looks pretty goofy. sleeves that "open up" like bell bottoms really drive me crazy, not to mention they constantly bounce against my wristspost #37031 of 481301/22/14 at 4:03pm
So give Charly accurate measurements, compare it to a jacket you have, and talk to him. Proposing measurements that you modify because you think 4.75" for a wrist seem right to you without comparing it to a similar jacket is the way to a distorb jacket. If you want a good fit, only modify where you need to and only after talking to Charly about it. If you tell him you want slim sleeves, and you measure your arm right, he can give you slim sleeves. If you tell him you hate flare, he can help eliminate it. But unless you have a couple jackets already, don't just modify things because it seems right-er.post #37032 of 481301/22/14 at 4:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by DividedWay
So give Charly accurate measurements, compare it to a jacket you have, and talk to him. Proposing measurements that you modify because you think 4.75" for a wrist seem right to you without comparing it to a similar jacket is the way to a distorb jacket. If you want a good fit, only modify where you need to and only after talking to Charly about it. If you tell him you want slim sleeves, and you measure your arm right, he can give you slim sleeves. If you tell him you hate flare, he can help eliminate it. But unless you have a couple jackets already, don't just modify things because it seems right-er.
Nobody in the last few pages has proposed that we should modify our cuff measurements to make this "right-er." Nobody has proposed that we shouldn't ask Charly any questions. You're arguing against a point that nobody has made.post #37033 of 481301/22/14 at 8:17pmpost #37034 of 481301/23/14 at 1:53am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Watch Scotland VS Gibraltar Live Stream Game soccer Football 16 seconds ago
- › Watch Georgia VS Germany Live Stream Game soccer Football 41 seconds ago
- › Watch Northern Ireland VS Finland Live Stream Game soccer Football 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need Supply - official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 4 minutes ago
- › BNWT Boglioli Dover summer jacket size 46 EU 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...