Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2469
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37022 of 530961/22/14 at 1:32pmpost #37023 of 530961/22/14 at 2:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by DividedWay
Guys. Guys. More people have messed up the fit on their ToJ by worrying about a couple half-inches here or there than have gotten a better fit out of it. Distorb should know this best of all. Give Charly guidance, but let him size you- he will help you get the right fit, you're more likely to fuck it up and leave yourself with $800 of regret.
Yeap that's what I did and my jacket for perfectly.post #37024 of 530961/22/14 at 2:17pmpost #37025 of 530961/22/14 at 2:29pmpost #37026 of 530961/22/14 at 2:39pmpost #37027 of 530961/22/14 at 2:54pmpost #37028 of 530961/22/14 at 3:03pmpost #37029 of 530961/22/14 at 3:22pmpost #37030 of 530961/22/14 at 3:52pmHonestly though, sleeve width is something to be picky about, at least for me. If a sleeve can't at least be closed to be a snug/tapered fit, especially for something like a slim fitting leather jacket, I think it looks pretty goofy. sleeves that "open up" like bell bottoms really drive me crazy, not to mention they constantly bounce against my wristspost #37031 of 530961/22/14 at 4:03pm
So give Charly accurate measurements, compare it to a jacket you have, and talk to him. Proposing measurements that you modify because you think 4.75" for a wrist seem right to you without comparing it to a similar jacket is the way to a distorb jacket. If you want a good fit, only modify where you need to and only after talking to Charly about it. If you tell him you want slim sleeves, and you measure your arm right, he can give you slim sleeves. If you tell him you hate flare, he can help eliminate it. But unless you have a couple jackets already, don't just modify things because it seems right-er.post #37032 of 530961/22/14 at 4:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by DividedWay
So give Charly accurate measurements, compare it to a jacket you have, and talk to him. Proposing measurements that you modify because you think 4.75" for a wrist seem right to you without comparing it to a similar jacket is the way to a distorb jacket. If you want a good fit, only modify where you need to and only after talking to Charly about it. If you tell him you want slim sleeves, and you measure your arm right, he can give you slim sleeves. If you tell him you hate flare, he can help eliminate it. But unless you have a couple jackets already, don't just modify things because it seems right-er.
Nobody in the last few pages has proposed that we should modify our cuff measurements to make this "right-er." Nobody has proposed that we shouldn't ask Charly any questions. You're arguing against a point that nobody has made.post #37033 of 530961/22/14 at 8:17pmpost #37034 of 530961/23/14 at 1:53am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 20 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 32 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 32 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 35 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 37 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 54 minutes ago
- › Cigars 55 minutes ago
- › Clarks Desert Boots 1 hour ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...