Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2466post #36976 of 527711/20/14 at 12:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36977 of 527711/20/14 at 12:44pmpost #36978 of 527711/20/14 at 12:45pmpost #36979 of 527711/20/14 at 12:48pmpost #36980 of 527711/20/14 at 12:50pmpost #36981 of 527711/20/14 at 1:24pmpost #36982 of 527711/20/14 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by masshi
...i didn't trust myself or anyone else to measure myself accurately enough and I didn't want the proportions of the jacket to be ruined with potentially whack measurements, so I was just gonna measure myself and see which stock size fits closest...
...sure I'd be getting a jacket that doesn't fit super duper perfectly, but I think it'd be pretty negligible (Drew himself said ~90% of us would be totally fine going OTR in a post of his iirc) considering I don't have a weird body...
I wish I fit in that 90% but I have a weird body. Looking at the stock sizing chart for the QDR, I'm all over the place...
a size 48 shoulders, could probably do a 50 chest but a little snug, could probably do a 46 length but a little short, and a 52 to fit my arms into although the elbow and wrist would be too large...so I'm somewhere between a 46 and 52
I guess I'll see how these weird measurements will affect the overall proportions of the jacket. I'm hoping that the jacket design will still be there with the proper fit.post #36983 of 527711/20/14 at 2:15pmpost #36984 of 527711/20/14 at 2:45pmpost #36985 of 527711/20/14 at 3:14pmQuote:just over my lounging around clothes . but i quite like the shirt length in contrast to the jacket. it is a little emphasised though due to the angle i took the shot at.post #36986 of 527711/20/14 at 3:20pmpost #36987 of 527711/20/14 at 3:30pmpost #36988 of 527711/20/14 at 4:08pmpost #36989 of 527711/20/14 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by masshi
I'm probably the only one who thinks like this, but back when I was really considering a toj (can't now cause it'd be financially irresponsible ), I was always planning on ordering a completely stock size
i didn't trust myself or anyone else to measure myself accurately enough and I didn't want the proportions of the jacket to be ruined with potentially whack measurements, so I was just gonna measure myself and see which stock size fits closest
sure I'd be getting a jacket that doesn't fit super duper perfectly, but I think it'd be pretty negligible (Drew himself said ~90% of us would be totally fine going OTR in a post of his iirc) considering I don't have a weird body
so yeah, some food for thought, and, like I said, I'm probably the only dude who thinks like this
Thanks for the advice. I was sort of thinking the same thing. The problem is I'm really short, 5'4" so I can never fit OTR clothing in the sleeves since many makers assume you are the same height, just slimmer. I'm thinking of just altering the length of the arms and the coat length and leaving the rest to whatever fits best. To compound the problem, I'm really overweight right now (like 20 pounds) so my waist and midsection measurements are horrible. By the time this ships I should be a lot thinner as I'm running everyday now. I'm just worried about how the jacket will fit the new me. I'd love to order just one and wait to judge the others but this closing thing has put me in a bind.post #36990 of 527711/20/14 at 6:12pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Seconds - Salvagable? 3 minutes ago
- › Red sole 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 4 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...