Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2430post #36436 of 5309612/23/13 at 7:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36437 of 5309612/23/13 at 7:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Peter1
Looking for some footwear suggestions.
I have a medium whiskey calf CM in the hopper right now -- obviously I have a little time to save $$ for some appropriate shoes/boots!
Right now I'm thinking something like roughout jumper/trench/service-style boots, maybe Alden or OSB. Viberg boondockers look nice but the tan color on their web site might be a little light.
Medium whiskey is a fabulous color but I only have black, walnut/brown and tan shoes/boots right now.
OTOH the Carmina Emerson jodhpurs with Dainite that Epaulet sells are really sweet, and here in Paris that style is pretty on-point right now.
Any other suggestions, especially on colors? -- $700 max is my budget.
You're not gonna match shoes to the medium whiskey exactly, and I'd not go on a goose chase to try. However, brown and tan shoes should coordinate well w/ the medium whiskey, and depending on how the color is, maybe even black shoes. I'd advise that you start shopping for the shoes once you get the jacket and get a feel for its in-person color. Stylistically, yeah, jodhpurs and combat boots are a sound idea.
@flahertongs, the jacket is finepost #36438 of 5309612/23/13 at 9:00ampost #36439 of 5309612/23/13 at 9:40ampost #36440 of 5309612/23/13 at 9:42ampost #36441 of 5309612/23/13 at 10:51ampost #36442 of 5309612/23/13 at 11:24ampost #36443 of 5309612/23/13 at 11:38ampost #36444 of 5309612/23/13 at 12:10pmpost #36445 of 5309612/23/13 at 12:13pmpost #36446 of 5309612/23/13 at 12:15pmpost #36447 of 5309612/23/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
I'm with you, I like the jacket to hug a bit or show some waist suppression when you have the body for it. I dont buy the catchall arguement that its mean to be straight down, there have been good examples reflecting it can be achieved and looks good...that all being said, from the pics yours looks really good and I would be inclined to not tamper with it.post #36448 of 5309612/23/13 at 1:59pmpost #36449 of 5309612/23/13 at 2:14pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 43 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...