This is probably a stupid question that I would be able to figure out if I knew how the search the thread, but what are excella zips? Are they different from the YKK standard zips?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2428
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36407 of 4899912/20/13 at 4:37pm
I am reading this Toj thread for more than a year now, but this is my very first post. I put my order on 17/8, black/black TOJ0. I get for 50 with 48 legths. But then I somehow saw fit photos of user Leather. He said that the jacket is tight in the shoulders and he has it in size 50. He's 6" and 160 pounds. I am 5,9 and 176 pounds - chest 18,5 inch. Charlie said 50 will be good, he said the same for Black lamb MA-1 I am planning to order before cutoff. But I am afraid I have to contact him to change size of my already ordered TOJ0 to 52 with 48 lengths. What do you guys think? :)post #36408 of 4899912/20/13 at 4:39pmpost #36409 of 4899912/20/13 at 4:42pmpost #36410 of 4899912/20/13 at 6:00pm
I'm pretty sure half of us are waiting for this exact jacket (minus excella zips for me.)
I'm not going to come right out and say that I think diamond quilting looks bad, but why anybody would go for it over the channel is beyond me.post #36411 of 4899912/20/13 at 6:44pmpost #36412 of 4899912/20/13 at 9:44pmpost #36413 of 4899912/21/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Damn, It was my first post and I already said something wrong. 18,5 is my shoulders measurements and pit to pit 22. That's why I think size 50 won't fit me well.post #36414 of 4899912/21/13 at 4:23ampost #36415 of 4899912/21/13 at 10:18ampost #36416 of 4899912/21/13 at 10:54ampost #36417 of 4899912/21/13 at 11:38amQuote:
Size 50 is 18.3 shoulder to shoulder and 22 pit to pit.
You have 18.5 shoulders and a 44 inch chest.
Sounds like you should get someone to measure you again or size up.post #36418 of 4899912/21/13 at 3:42pmQuote:
Ah, it's so obvious that I slept only 3 hours. Shoulders are 18,5 and around chests is 44. I am sorry for last two confusing posts. I think my chests and size 50 is ok, but I am afraid the jacket would be to tight in shoulders. I will always wear it unzipped but anyway. I want a little loose fit, like Drew's on the photos of MA-1 few posts back.post #36419 of 4899912/21/13 at 4:20pmpost #36420 of 4899912/21/13 at 4:23pm
What size do you usually wear for jackets?
Your measurements seem off...
Do you have any other clothes that fit how you want the TOJ0 to fit?
If you do, then measure those clothes and use them as a comparison.
Did you follow their measuring guide? http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/howtoorder
Also, did you tell Charly what kind of fit you were looking for?
The more information you give him (with accurate measurements), the more he'll be able to help you out.
The ToJ house fit is generally slim-fitting so if that isn't your thing then let him know and he'll adjust accordingly.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 second ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments/Orslow/Woolrich Woolen Mills/Helmut Lang Pants... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan