Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2413post #36181 of 4818112/11/13 at 2:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36182 of 4818112/11/13 at 4:56pmpost #36183 of 4818112/11/13 at 5:08pmpost #36184 of 4818112/11/13 at 5:38pmIs there a way of reducing the bagginess at the back? Should I take it to the tailor? Or leave as is?Quote:Originally Posted by click here
Got my CWU-45 jacket after 25 weeks...think the back is too big and jacket an inch or 2 too short. What do you guys think? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #36185 of 4818112/11/13 at 5:42pmpost #36186 of 4818112/11/13 at 6:10pmpost #36187 of 4818112/11/13 at 6:17pmpost #36188 of 4818112/11/13 at 7:10pmpost #36189 of 4818112/11/13 at 7:34pmpost #36190 of 4818112/11/13 at 7:51pmpost #36191 of 4818112/11/13 at 8:34pmpost #36192 of 4818112/11/13 at 9:19pmHmm I'm thinking I'm gonna go for lamb qdr? I mean its not like its gonna rip. Its just not as strong as calf. I do really like the idea of how strong the calf is though. Ahh decisions. I also want this to last as long as possible. Anyone with experience with calf and lamb want to comment about the breaking in process and such?post #36193 of 4818112/11/13 at 9:22pmpost #36194 of 4818112/11/13 at 9:33pmYeah I keep leaning towards that more. I'm just enamored with the idea of leather armor lol. I also kind of feel like I wouldn't be able to handle it haha. I saw a post comparing the calf to 32oz denim, goat to nice raw denim and lamb to a perfect wash denim. I know 32 oz denim is not for me and if that analogy is somewhat true then i should get lamb. I'd say goat but idk about the grain. Also the calf leather stands on its own like 32 oz raw denim which is why I thought that analogy was cool lolpost #36195 of 4818112/11/13 at 11:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by pl0nky
Yeah I keep leaning towards that more. I'm just enamored with the idea of leather armor lol. I also kind of feel like I wouldn't be able to handle it haha. I saw a post comparing the calf to 32oz denim, goat to nice raw denim and lamb to a perfect wash denim. I know 32 oz denim is not for me and if that analogy is somewhat true then i should get lamb. I'd say goat but idk about the grain. Also the calf leather stands on its own like 32 oz raw denim which is why I thought that analogy was cool lol
What about the front quarter horse hide? It is definitely heavier than either the lamb or the goat and it is supposedly more abrasion resistant than calf with a coarser grain, but it has greater variation and may not be as heavy as the calf. Horsehide might be your tougher 24-25 oz.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Whey protein 2014 28 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › The Official Common Projects F/W '13-'14 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Ten Commandments of Sushi 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...