That might be worth more money, if Drew sheds a tear when he places that final TOJ label on the jacket and cures the leather.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2409post #36121 of 5274312/10/13 at 10:08am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36122 of 5274312/10/13 at 10:50ampost #36123 of 5274312/10/13 at 10:50amQuote:
Since I am about to order my first (and probably last) TOJ this weekend, please say more about why you think goat > lamb. Don't care if it's a minority opinion. What I'm interested in is an MDR since I'd like something a bit less rakish/sporty than a BCDR, as well as something that's more minimalist. In grad school, so it's best to be on the conservative side. Heard a lot about TOJ lamb, so my first priority isn't hardiness as much as elegance/softness, but I'd like to know why you think goat is nicer than lamb.Quote:
So, I know TOJ's black lamb gets the most raves, but what about their other colors? I wear a lot of tans/blues/browns/burgundy, so I'd like to go for the whiskey lamb if I end up with lamb, else brown goat.
And while we're on goat, could someone illustrate the difference between glazed/unglazed? I don't really know how the glaze is achieved, so is that something that needs to be conditioned/maintained over time?post #36124 of 5274312/10/13 at 11:51ampost #36125 of 5274312/10/13 at 1:54pm
You guys thought the zipper wars were bad?
Quote:Originally Posted by AR_Six
Got my 2010 DR, and it actually fits quite well - as intended in the design anyway, so a little short for my usual tastes but that's what it's meant to look like and I knew that when I bought it. So that's good. The materials and construction seem to live up to all the hype. One thing I wasn't aware of though, is that the "blacked out" apples to all hardware EXCEPT the snaps for buttoning down the collar, underneath. So it looks pretty weird to wear the collar up as there are 4 suddenly very noticeable metallic nipples sitting there. Hence, the following question: what should I do in order to make my blacked out DR fully blacked out? Only thing I can think to use is nail polish, which will probably come off if I actually use the snaps to snap the collar down ever.Quote:Originally Posted by theom-
AR, tape off the rest of the jacket and get some black enamel spray paint?Quote:Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Proper masking tape probably won't cause any ill effects to the leather finishing. You could buy a roll at a hardware store and try it out on a non-visible area to be sure.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
they have this tape for when someone's painting something and doesn't want to paint on parts of the surface but doesn't want the tape to leave a residue. what's it called again? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)painter's tapeQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
AR6, go to a hobby store and get some black enamel paint that people use to paint their tiny war machines or whatever. It'll probably chip eventually, but whatever.
Right before AR6 tapes his jacket:post #36126 of 5274312/10/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
Unless he got an Aventador, he should have bought a Ferrari and it has the same lead time as a Toj.
Or you could trade the lambo for a Poltrona Frau Toj.post #36127 of 5274312/10/13 at 2:30pmpost #36128 of 5274312/10/13 at 3:53pmpost #36129 of 5274312/10/13 at 3:57pmpost #36130 of 5274312/10/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
I think for a rider jacket, you'd want the calf suede instead of lamb suede. Lamb suede is what they make the T1/T3 out of and although I've never handled one, I think people's reviews are that it's pretty lightweight, so I'd imagine it's a lot lighter than lamb leather.post #36131 of 5274312/10/13 at 5:11pmpost #36132 of 5274312/10/13 at 5:22pmpost #36133 of 5274312/10/13 at 6:38pmpost #36134 of 5274312/10/13 at 7:40pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › FS: New Meermin Black Wholecuts 101332 - UK Size 10 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...